Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ve him a hug and at the same time I gave him a little peck. Look, I really enjoyed watching this young man play and I knew from

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 07.12.2019 12:09
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- RG3 is getting chance No. 3. And maybe his last one for the Browns.Still looking for that elusive first victory, Cleveland coach Hue Jackson is keeping Robert Griffin III as his starting quarterback this week against San Diego for the bad-to-the-bone Browns, who are desperately trying to avoid an 0-15 start and perhaps the second 0-16 season in NFL history.Well go out there and give him another opportunity to take a swing at it, Jackson said.Jackson had considered changes following Sundays 33-13 loss in Buffalo, the Browns sixth straight by double digits. However, after watching the game tape, Jackson felt Griffin made more progress in his second start since Sept. 11 and will give him another one.There was some improvement, Jackson said on a conference call. There were some things that I thought he did much better when you go back and watch the tape than the first time he played. Hopefully there can be another jump in this next game. But I think he needs to go play and he needs to play well.Griffin completed 17 of 28 passes for 196 yards against the Bills, who flushed him from the pocket throughout much of the game and sacked him five times. Griffin, who missed 11 weeks after breaking a bone in his left shoulder in the season opener, ran eight times for 48 yards and scored on an 18-yard scamper.It was an upgrade from his return against Cincinnati a week earlier, when he went 12 of 28 for 104 yards and an interception.I thought in the second half, I thought he stood in there and threw some good balls, said Jackson, who is using the final four games to evaluate whether Griffin can be Clevelands QB going forward. I thought he started managing and running our offense with efficiency. I thought he was in rhythm. You know for a moment there we looked like the offense that Ive come to know a little bit, and I thought there was an uptick in performance.But despite Griffins jump, Jackson wants more and said he will not hold back in pulling Griffin in favor of rookie Cody Kessler, who made eight starts while RG3 was recovering from his injury.I wont be hesitant in this game because I would like to see a little a bit of Cody before the end of this season, and if things are not going as well as I like, I do have that card to where I could put Cody in the game, he said.With every loss, the Browns inch closer to unwanted infamy.They set a franchise record with their 13th straight loss and matched the club record for losses in a season. The Browns have dropped 17 in a row over the past two seasons, and including their four exhibition games this season, theyre on a 21-game losing streak.After hosting the Chargers, the Browns will wrap up a season that cant end fast enough on Jan. 1 in Pittsburgh.Jackson said he worries about the negativity shaking his players and carrying over into 2017.You can very well think that way, he said. But were going to fix this and we have to on all levels, and thats one of the levels. I think really dealing with our players once this seasons over and once we get back, weve got to rid the whole locker room and everything of those feelings and those thoughts because once this is over its over, and weve got to move forward and move on to bigger and better things.I truly believe our players understand that, I know our staff will and I know our organization will and thats what well do.Game notes WR Terrelle Pryor tore a finger ligament in Sundays loss and could miss the final two games. Jackson said Pryors availability will be based on whether he can tolerate the pain. A person familiar with the injury told the AP that Pryor will have surgery following the season. ... TE Randall Telfer sprained an ankle against the Bills and his status for the Chargers wont be known until later in the week.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Nike Air Max Discount . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. Cheap Air Max 95 Fake . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. http://www.cheapairmaxchinawholesale.com/air-max-90-outlet.html .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. Yeezy Boost 700 V2 For Sale . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. Air Max 90 China Wholesale . Artturi Lehkonen, Joni Nikko and Ville Leskinen had the other goals for Finland (1-0) while Juuse Saros stopped 28 shots. Tim Robin Johnsgard had the lone goal for Norway (0-2). Still unsure exactly what to expect from the Japanese newcomer, Lou Piniella kept waiting for the rookie to pull a ball. Too many hits sprayed to left field, Sweet Lou thought, too easy for defenses to adjust.So the veteran Seattle manager summoned the translator and told him to deliver a message to Ichiro Suzuki: I want to see some bat speed.Piniella saw them huddle in the dugout and share a laugh. A couple of innings later, Suzuki led off with a home run into the bullpen in right-center.He rounds the bases, he steps on home plate, and he says, `Happy now? when he shook my hand, Piniella recalled. I said, `Yeah, yeah, you can do whatever you want.All these years later, with Suzuki on the verge of joining the 3,000-hit club in the big leagues, his first skipper in the majors is taking a lot of pride in watching the pursuit. As much as Piniella believed in Suzuki from the start and was in awe of those early accomplishments with the Mariners, he never would have guessed the outfielder would still be playing at age 42 and going for such a lofty perch.Suzuki hit .335 with a .412 on-base percentage in 164 at-bats over the first half with Miami. He reached 2,991 hits Friday night with a pinch single in the eighth inning of the Marlins 7-6 victory at St. Louis in the return from the All-Star break.Now gray-haired and no longer a regular in his 16th major league season, Suzuki might have lost a step, but not much. Credit his commitment to an intense regimen that has long included an on-deck routine that features a deep warmup squat, then a one-of-a-kind stance and a sweeping twirl of his bat.Suzuki was 27 and had 1,278 hits in Japan before he came to the big leagues. Piniella got so excited after Suzukis two-hit debut in 2001 that he kissed him.I was so happy for him, thats why, Piniella said. Its hard for a player to come here from Japan, especially with the scrutiny that he had. Im an emotional guy. I got caught up in the moment. I gave him a hug and at the same time I gave him a little peck. Look, I really enjoyed watching this young man play and I knew from seeing him in spring training that he was a special player.At the time, Suzuki did not come cheaply. Seattle paid $13 million just to secure his rights, and signed him to a three-year, $14 million contract. The Mariners got their moneys worth and then some.Suzuki, better known just by his first name, has long prided himself in preparation.So much so that Piniella had been around no other player like him, with that meticulous stretching before stepping into the batters box to the foot rubdowns he gave himself at his locker with a small wooden tool before and after games.dddddddddddd had never seen it, quite frankly. I was quite amazed by the things that he did, the stretching especially, Piniella said. Here in the United States, we go through a rigorous spring training, but once the season starts prior to the games we have our stretching exercises and then the kids play.He took it to a totally different level. He was fanatical about that and thats probably one of the big reasons that hes playing here at age 42, he said.That first season was a memorable one for many reasons. The Mariners won an AL-record 116 games, clinching the division shortly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Yet Seattle failed to reach the World Series, losing in five games of the AL Championship Series to the Yankees.Still, Suzuki won AL Rookie of the Year and MVP. Suzukis ability to beat out infield hits at times left Piniella shaking his head.He did have a special year. The team had a special year that year, Piniella said. We won 116 games and Ichiro was a big part of it. Ichiro was a special player. He had really good speed, he had that uncanny ability to put the ball in play. In the outfield, he played as well as you can expect, great throwing arm. He made the adjustment to American baseball very quickly, became one of the leaders in our clubhouse and was accepted by the players. He had a tremendous impact on our team that year.Hes going for his 3,000th hit now, and Im so proud of him. Hes had just a wonderful career. I look forward to the time when hell be inducted into the Hall of Fame, he said.Some of the most memorable hits by the 10-time All-Star didnt even count.In 2007, Suzuki hit the first inside-the-park home run in All-Star game history, winning unanimous MVP honors and helping the American League to a 5-4 victory at San Franciscos AT&T Park with a go-ahead, two-run drive that took a crazy bounce off the right-field wall.Hed never hit an inside-the-park homer during his decorated career in Japan.Hes an amazing guy, Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. You just take age out of the equation and if you just looked at him as a player, if you evaluated just what you see, not thinking about age, you see a guy that runs above average, plays all three outfield spots, throws above average, hits lefties and righties.His work habits and everything else, for me, just set him apart.---AP Baseball Writer Mike Fitzpatrick in New York contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen