Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

at became a priority. So again, I was fortunate to be able to stay at the same company but continue to switch departments. It ke

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 01.12.2019 04:59
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Wests Tigers are incensed over the punishment dished out to Ryan James after the Gold Coast forward broke James Tedescos jaw.James is facing a one-match suspension on a grade two careless high tackle charge after hitting a falling Tedesco with a swinging arm during the Titans 19-18 win at Campbelltown Stadium on Saturday.The Tigers confirmed on Monday their star fullback suffered a broken jaw and is expected to miss the rest of the NRL season.You touch a ref you get one week, I will let you fill in the blanks, said Tigers forward Joel Edwards when asked about the James penalty.Some of the rulings are pretty funny at the moment, Tigers prop Ava Seumanufagai added.The loss of Tedesco has hit the Tigers slim finals prospects hard.They need to win all three of their remaining games against Penrith (away), the Warriors (away) and Canberra (at Leichhardt Oval) without their most influential player if they are to qualify for the playoffs.Brisbane captain Corey Parker also questioned the sanction from the match review committee, recalling his punishment for a tackle on Tedesco in State of Origin game three.You just want to see consistency, Parker told Sky Sports Radios Big Sports Breakfast.I got Tedesco myself in the Origin match. I hadnt been charged in 15 years and got one week.Decisions are made, based on what I was led to believe, the severity of the tackle.And he (James) has broken his jaw, regardless of how it has happened.Hes hit him with a closed fist, swinging arm that has since broken his jaw and he (James) got one week.South Sydney captain Greg Inglis copped a three-week ban for a shoulder charge that broke NSW and Dragons utility Josh Dugans jaw in State of Origin III.James will miss Gold Coasts round 24 clash against Newcastle at Hunter Stadium on Saturday afternoon if he accepts the one-match ban. Pablo Lopez Jersey . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. Jay Powell Jersey . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3. https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/831r-lewis-brinson-jersey-marlins.html . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. Ed Vosberg Jersey . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. Miami Marlins Gear .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. After amassing 25 years of experience at the NBA, Donna Daniels assumed she would continue on the hardcourt track. And for the record, she would have been perfectly content with that. As an executive, she was able to keep things fresh over the span of her career by spearheading different departments in sales and sponsorship at headquarters, while also being influential in launching a D-League team and two WNBA teams at their inceptions.Then the New Jersey Devils organization sought out NBA commissioner Adam Silvers blessing to speak with Daniels. He graciously gave it, and Daniels began her next chapter as senior vice president for business services at the New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center this past April. As for how shes adapting to an entirely different professional sport, shes more than equipped in transitioning after spending her formative years relocating from town to town as her family followed her fathers trajectory as a football coach.With the puck dropping in the Devils opener on Thursday -- and their home opener next Tuesday -- Daniels details her journey for espnW and explains why she believes in the never say never concept.On the moveMy dad was a high school and college football coach, so we moved almost every two years while I was growing up. He would come home on a Friday and say, OK, Im on to my next place, and he would be gone on Monday. My mother would stay behind with us to get our studies situated and to sell the house, and then we would meet him at the next destination. It was very exciting, but adapting was definitely a way of life for us -- next team, next school, next set of friends. I have a younger sister and brother, and they were on board as well. I think some of us adjusted better than others, but we helped each other as a group. For me, it was an amazing way to grow up. I didnt really know anything else.Bleacher creaturesWe tried to get to as many games as possible, which included the away games. We would get up at 4 a.m., and my mother would load us all into our wood-paneled station wagon. Sometimes it would take six hours to get there for kickoff, but we lived and breathed it. My dad was able to drive back with us if the team won, which was such a treat. But if they lost, he usually had to go back on the team bus. (Although we probably wouldnt want him in the car with us anyway when they lost!) But then we would say our goodbyes in the parking lot and pile back in the wagon to drive six hours home. Its just what we did.Trial and errorMy father was the coach at Hobart and William Smith in upstate New York when it was time for me to go to college, so I decided to go there to continue to be near my family. I ended up majoring in English because even though I grew up in the sports world, I didnt really understand back then that there was a whole business side to sports. My best friend went into retail in Albany after graduation, so I thought maybe thats what I wanted to do. I think I lasted two months. But I learned what I didnt want to do very quickly, and Im appreciative of the opportunity for that realization. So I decided to move to New York City to see if I could make it there, although I didnt fully understand what that even meant. I just wanted to survive somehow.Garden varietyI landed a job at a medical advertising agency, which turned out to be the most amazing first job I could have. I learned a lot about working in an office environment with a great group of people, but I always used to say to my dad, Wouldnt it be great if I went to work at Madison Square Garden every day? That was my dream. I pursued it through an alumni connection and landed an interview for a job selling advertising for MSG radio. I assisted in managing inventory for the Knicks, Rangers and St. Johns basketball. That was the start of my career in sports, and it opened up a whole new world for me.Supportive superiorsAfter two years at MSG on the sales side, I really thought that I needed some buying experience and moved to the advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi. This is where I say never say never since working at MSG was my ultimate dream. But I really thought being a sports media buyer would be a good move from a career standpoint, which it was.I was there about a year when I received a call from a former MSG colleague who had moved to the NBA, but I didnt think I had been at Saatchi long enough to warrant a job change. But I worked for an amazing boss at the time. With him, I could walk in and say, I just got a call about a job. I told him, I love it here, I love workinng for you, and I think I have more to learn on the buyers side.dddddddddddd And he looked at me and said, You have to go on that interview. The NBA is the best sports marketing company in the world. And that conversation changed my life.Mad hopsI started there working in media for our properties, like the show NBA Inside Stuff and Hoop magazine, while also selling units for the pregame shows. I then spent nine years working in marketing partnerships with brands like Nike, McDonalds and American Express before moving to sponsorship and also digital when that became a priority. So again, I was fortunate to be able to stay at the same company but continue to switch departments. It kept things interesting.Team buildingWe were launching the NBA Development League in eight markets around the Southeast back in 2001, and I was offered the opportunity to go down and be the president of the Roanoke, Virginia, team. To still be part of the NBA but to start a team from scratch? That was a dream for me. I walked in and said, OK, its just me. Now what?It was a lot of hard work from hiring the right people to putting the ticket sales plan together and business strategy, and then collaborating with the arena staff for scheduling. But thats what I love to do best. Just give me a challenge with a blank slate. I had this mindset that the ball is going to be tipped off, and I know the date and the time that tipoff is going happen, so I can choose to either be ready or not ready. I was going to be ready.Launch a goI was part of what we called the WNBA launch committee, representing the corporate partnership side. My job was to work with sponsors and leverage NBA assets to make sure we could kick the league off in a way that would be effective. It just seems like yesterday that I was sitting in that room. It literally seems like yesterday, and here we are 20 years later.It was an exciting time. The WNBA began play in June 1997, and we were coming off the Atlanta Olympics, so there was a huge amount of momentum for womens basketball after Team USAs gold-medal win. And then later, I also helped launch two new WNBA teams, the Atlanta Dream and the Tulsa Shock. So when I think back over the course of my career, I really loved to work with the new entities like the D-League and the WNBA. I mean, I loved the NBA as well, but those three leagues have different personalities, so I was able to flex different muscles with each of them.Parquet to pucksWhat I really appreciated about the process is that my department head and commissioner Adam Silver gave the Devils organization their blessing to talk to me before I even knew about it. That really made me feel like it was OK to begin to explore the opportunity when they called. And one of the selling points was the ownership group of Josh Harris and David Blitzer, who I cant say enough about. When you look at what theyve done over the course of three years, from owning the 76ers and then buying the Devils Prudential Center and also the Premier League team Crystal Palace F.C. -- theyre savvy, theyre competitive, and I just love being around them.Even though the Devils are an established team, theres almost a startup feel here with a huge focus on culture and talent with this new ownership group. Since they took over, the organization has grown from about 40 individuals to more than 200. In the end, it was definitely hard to leave the NBA and the amazing human beings I spent so much time with over the years. But I left an organization with very passionate people who love to come to work every day, and Ive found only the same here. I would never have expected anything different, but you certainly never know until you get into the day to day.Range of wisdomI think theres two things I say for advice. The first is that networking is so important. Dont be afraid to reach out, because youll be surprised at how receptive most people are. And the second lesson is one I was fortunate enough to learn early on, which is that theres a whole world of opportunity at a sports team. Theyre really structured like any other business. You can go to law school and work in sports, or have an MBA and work in the finance department. Its not just ticket sales or sponsorships. You can work in HR or PR or do any number of things. In talking with people, I sometimes think they dont fully understand how many opportunities there really are. Its beneficial to think broad. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen