Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Denver Broncos Roster2019 Broncos roster review

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 26.11.2019 02:42
von zhangzk • 144 Beiträge

Dineen has an uphill battle to make the Broncos roster Bradley Chubb Broncos Jersey , but you know he’ll do whatever it takes to make it see life." UDFA linebacker Joe DineenNew,27commentsDineen has an uphill battle to make the Broncos roster, but you know he’ll do whatever it takes to make it see life.MDTWhen your nickname is “The Mayor,” people know to respect you. At least they should. It’s not by happenstance that Joe Dineen has that moniker. The undrafted linebacker from the University of Kansas plays with that mindset anytime he steps on the gridiron. It’s the approach he takes to prepare on the practice field, meetings or weight room. Since Dineen went undrafted, you can bet that attitude is how he’ll try to earn his spot on the Denver Broncos roster. “I think there’s one way to play football — as hard as you can no matter what the score is,” Dineen told 1st & 10 @ 10 in May, adding that his parents instilled a “don’t quit” mentality in him at a young age. “That’s how I do everything. The score wasn’t going to change my effort.”Joe Dineen profile Height: 6-2Weight: 235 poundsAge: 23 Experience: Rookie, KansasThe Good Dineen has the attitude that John Elway and the Broncos love in players — a chip on his shoulder. He’s one of those guys who will bust his ass and do whatever it takes to make the roster and get on the field. Guys who do it the right way. Dineen is one of those players who would do it that way regardless, but the fact he didn’t get invited to the NFL Combine or get drafted, has a similar feel to a recent player Denver signed as a college free agent — Phillip Lindsay. That’s not to say Dineen will have a season in the Broncos defense like Lindsay had, but remember how determined Lindsay was to prove people wrong. Dineen strikes me as very similar in that regard.The other benefit is the coaching he’ll get from Vic Fangio, defensive coordinator Ed Donatell and linebackers coach Reggie Herring. You could also throw in special teams coordinator Tom McMahon since that’s the most likely way Dineen sees the field in 2019. What’s become clear over the course of organized team activities and minicamp is the players will get put in the best position to have success. They’ll see what they did right and wrong, and how to correct the latter. The system will finally bend to the players’ strengths, as opposed to the opposite we saw the last few seasons. That means it’s on the player. The Bad As with any undrafted free agent, Dineen has an uphill battle to get on the roster. He will have to earn his spot on the field to get the reps he’ll require to get noticed. The best way to stand out is on special teams. One of the biggest areas he must improve upon is coverage, and even he admits that. “To get to where I’m really confident out there, there are always tricks I can learn,” he said in the same interview with 1st & 10 @ 10. “And honestly, just learning the defense, I think I’ll be OK. Got to get on all four special teams and work really hard there and make it hard for coaches to not leave me on the team.”Quotable Donatell had this to say about Dineen at rookie minicamp: “When you bring in linebackers or safeties, it’s really hard to make a prediction on them or evaluation because so much of it is run and pass and when the pads come on. Our goal right now as a coaching staff is to get them in the right alignments and get them familiar with our language and get them communicated. You really can’t tell much about a linebacker until you put the pads on.”Dineen roster status As mentioned earlier, Dineen has an uphill battle to get on the Broncos’ roster. But there is little doubt he will have the approach that’s needed to make it see life. After all, you don’t earn the nickname “The Mayor” by luck. ENGLEWOOD Von Miller Jersey White , Colo. (AP) — As far as the Broncos are concerned, Adam “Pacman” Jones brings experience and energy to Denver but none of the baggage from a long list of run-ins with the law and the league.The Broncos signed Jones to a one-year, $1,015,000 deal over the weekend to bolster their banged-up secondary and their punt return unit.Although Jones’ background includes two dozen games lost to suspension over his 11-year NFL career, coach Vance Joseph vouched for Jones’ character as a player and as a person Monday.“I’ve coached him for two seasons and his football character is A-plus,” said Joseph, who tutored Jones during his best seasons in 2014 and 2015. “He was a team captain for us. He made a Pro Bowl for me. He’s great in meetings, he’s great in the locker room, he’s a great leader. He’s played a long time in this league.“Now, personal character, we all know the background. He would even acknowledge as a young guy he made some mistakes. But he’s paid for every mistake he’s made,” Joseph said. “I mean, this guy has been through a lot in this life, and obviously it was his own doings. But he’s paid for those mistakes.“He’s matured, he’s a married (father) of three and he wants to win football games. So, he’s here to help us win football games.”Jones said he’s come to terms with his past transgressions, suggesting “you learn from your mistakes and move on” while also confronting them head-on.“God has blessed me with so many opportunities and I’m one of the ones who doesn’t mind telling kids and people about my stories and the mistakes I’ve made,” Jones said. “I don’t have no shield. My life is a glass life. It’s nothing that I’m hiding from nobody.”Jones said his focus now is on football and family .“And I have three beautiful kids. That’s what life is about for me now,” Jones said. “I’m about to turn 35 and the best thing I can do right now is at least win a playoff game, you know? I haven’t won a playoff game. I’ve been in the league 12 years. So, I’m just trying to win a playoff game and help these guys as much as I can.”“We have a talented group of guys here in the backfield, all around the team. So, I’m not here to try to take no shine. I promise you guys that. I’m here to help and lead in the best way I can.”Joseph said Jones’ addition fills two needs Royce Freeman Jersey , as a fourth cornerback and a punt returner.He said he met with general manager John Elway and they determined that they needed help in both areas, “and there was one guy that fit the bill. I mean, he solves two issues.”The sixth overall pick of the 2005 draft by the Tennessee Titans, Jones had been out of the NFL since March when the Cincinnati Bengals declined to pick up his $5.5 million contract option after his 2017 season was cut short by a groin injury.He said he never lost hope that he’d continue his pro career that also included a stop in Dallas in 2008.“No, I was never worried,” Jones said. “That’s why I kept working out. But as you saw today, if you’re going to be working at mile high, you’ve got to work out at mile high.”The Broncos traded cornerback Aqib Talib to the Rams in the offseason and signed veteran free agent Tremaine Brock. Jones’ addition was welcome news to star Chris Harris Jr., who said Jones “knows what’s going on out there on the field, he’s played in this system, he knows the checks, he knows everything about it.”Although Jones said he should get up to speed by the season opener against Seattle on Sept. 9, he had a tough time adjusting to the altitude at his first practice.“Hard to breathe around here,” Jones said. “But all in all, I feel good.”Joseph was non-committal about whether Jones or safety Su’a Cravens, who returned to practice Monday after missing most of training camp with a sore knee, will play at Arizona in the Broncos’ exhibition finale Thursday night.Jones’ arrival could spell trouble for cornerback Brendan Langley and punt returner Isaiah McKenzie, two members of last year’s draft class who are on the roster bubble.Nose tackle Domata Peko, who played with Jones in Cincinnati, gave him a tour of team headquarters before practice.“He’s someone that on Sunday you want him on your team,” Peko said.

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen