Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

The thing about being granted exceptional player status is people expect immediate exceptional results. [url=https://www.cheapc

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 23.11.2019 08:05
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

The thing about being granted exceptional player status is people expect immediate exceptional results. Don Chaney Jersey .For Sean Day, those results did not materialize last season.Day, who was born in Belgium, played most of his minor hockey in Michigan and is a Canadian citizen, scored six goals and had 10 points in 60 games with the Mississauga Steelheads. He was a chilly minus-35.Day was the fourth player awarded exceptional status — which allows a player to enter the OHL draft before reaching the minimum age of 16 — following John Tavares (2005), Aaron Eckblad (2011) and Connor McDavid (2012), but the first not to be chosen first not to be chosen first overall in the Ontario Hockey Leagues Priority Selection.Day slipped to fourth overall, chosen by Mississauga behind Travis Konecny (Ottawa 67s), Dylan Strome (Erie Otters) and Matthew Spencer (Peterborough Petes).So you might think at the ripe old age of 16, Day is feeling pressure to have a breakout year.Not at all, said the six-foot-two, 225-pound defenceman. I still have another season before my draft year. I think its good for me that I played in the league last year and to still have this season to work on my game before my draft year.When Day first joined the Steelheads he played the way he did in minor hockey, which was to get the puck and take off with it. He was always bigger, stronger and faster than the majority of his opponents. Suddenly up against older players who were just as big and quick, Day found himself overmatched and his mistakes often ended up in the back of his teams goal.So when he returned to the Steelheads after participating with Team Ontario at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, Day dialled back on his offence and started concentrating on being a more competent defensive player.Mississauga coach-GM James Boyd was impressed with Days development. Boyd said the Steelheads traded their top two scorers at mid-season and thus did not score as often, so Day was given more defensive responsibility and reacted favourably.His plus-minus improved dramatically and that was with his ice time going up, Boyd said. In the playoffs against a really good Oshawa team he played extremely well. There were times during the year I would scout a minor midget game in the evening and I just couldnt imagine Sean playing at that level. I couldnt picture him with his peers. I think it was a very good decision for him to play in the OHL.One problem with playing three years in the OHL before being eligible for the NHL Entry Draft is scouts have lots of time to dissect your game. In Days case, some scouts have questioned his hockey sense.Boyd is not only convinced Day will improve his decision making with experience, he believes Day is well on his way to becoming an impact player. Boyd said critics of Day should understand that when he joined the Steelheads, he basically had to learn the defensive game from scratch and there was steady improvement in his game.Boyd said Day will play in the Steelheads top four on the blue-line this season and will get plenty of time on special teams as well.This year Sean has really embraced the physical part of the game, Boyd said. Hes a big guy — really big guy — who skates extremely well and he has been finishing his checks. He is a lot more constant and assertive defensively.Day is a quiet kid who does not seek attention and takes things in stride. Asked about not being the first overall pick in 2013, Day suggested the teams that drafted ahead of Mississauga may not have needed a defenceman or perhaps they didnt like his game. No big deal, really. And how exactly did a 15-year-old fit in with his older teammates?I never really thought of myself as being younger than everyone and I dont feel they treated me differently, Day said. I came into the league thinking I was a rookie like every other rookie. I didnt use my age as an excuse if I made a mistake.Taking a more assertive role on the Steelheads, Day is excited for his sophomore season.Hopefully I can get more points, but still be a defensive threat, Day said.Sounds like an exceptional plan. Bill Russell Jersey . Gaborik was acquired in a trade with Columbus on Wednesday and skated on the top line with centre Anze Kopitar and right-winger Justin Williams. "We created some things," said Gaborik, who logged 16:38 of ice time. Paul Pierce Jersey . The 23-year-old restricted free agent appeared in all 48 games last season, finishing second among all Sabres skaters with 15 goals and 34 points. https://www.cheapceltics.com/632n-ray-allen-jersey-celtics.html . -- At the beginning of training camp, Andrew Bogut set a goal to play all 82 regular-season games and regain his place among the NBAs best centres. For the second time in less than a month, the Winnipeg Goldeyes swept the rival Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks in a doubleheader at Shaw Park. The Goldeyes (41-23) ran their winning streak to 10 games against the RedHawks (30-34) with 7-2 and 4-3 wins Tuesday night before 5,828 joyous spectators. The wins increase Winnipegs lead in the North Division to at least 3 1/2 games and extends the Goldeyes winning streak to four games. “It was a good day for the club,” Winnipeg Goldeyes manager Rick Forney said. “We got contributions from a lot of people.” In the second game, Fargo scored first in the top of the first inning when C.J. Retherford collided with Goldeyes catcher Luis Alen at home plate and ball popped out of Alens glove. Alen was shook up on the play, but stayed in the game after taking a few minutes to compose himself. “It was a very unsettling situation, not only for Luis, by for our entire team,” Forney said. “Hes a very important part to our team around here and Luis is a tough guy. He understands that if you play that position things like that could happen. “Hes going to be sore tomorrow. His whole body will be sore. Plus, he caught 14 innings. That shows you how tough he is.” Winnipeg battled back to take the lead with two runs in the bottom of the second, as Reggie Abercrombie singled in Jake Blackwood and Jordan Guida singled in Abercrombie. The Goldeyes extended their lead with two more runs in the bottom oof the third. Boston Celtics Shirts. . Josh Mazzola was hit by a pitch on a 0-2 count and, after stealing second, scored on a Tyler Kuhn double. Donnie Webb then drove in Kuhn with a single. Fargo scored a run in the fifth and sixth innings, but reliever Brendan Lafferty got the final five outs of the game to preserve the win. Ethan Hollingsworth went 5 1/3 innings to get the win for the Goldeyes, improving his record to a perfect 5-0, while Taylor Stanton dropped to 2-8 with the loss. Lafferty picked up his first save in a 90 outings in Goldeyes uniform. In the first game, the Goldeyes scored five runs in the bottom of the first and cruised to a 7-2 win over the RedHawks. Mazzola led Winnipeg at the plate by going three-for-four with two RBI and two runs scored. Abercrombie hit a two-run home run in the first inning. Salamida pitched a complete game for the win. He gave up two runs on just four hits, struck out six and walked one. With the win, he passed Rafael Gross for the second-most wins in Goldeyes history with 37. Salamida needs 10 more wins to catch Ace Walker for the franchise record. Aside for Tuesday night, the Goldeyes also swept the RedHawks in doubleheader on June 30. Winnipeg has a 6-2 record in doubleheader games this season. Winnipeg will go for its third consecutive sweep of Fargo in the series finale Wednesday night at Shaw Park. Chandler Barnard (4-1, 3.19) will take the ball for the Goldeyes against Brian Ernst (5-4, 5.71) for the RedHawks. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen