Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

TORONTO -- Novak Djokovic heard the names of the players he could face in his opening match at the Rogers Cup and buried his he

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 22.11.2019 04:26
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Novak Djokovic heard the names of the players he could face in his opening match at the Rogers Cup and buried his head in his arms. Vapormax Plus Soldes . The worlds top mens tennis player didnt need that big of a test out of the gate. Djokovic wasnt happy about having to see either 22nd-ranked Gael Monfils or 35th-ranked Radek Stepanek right away, and he couldve done without Andy Murray being in his quarter of the draw, picked Friday afternoon at Queens Park. But beyond his tough road that awaits at the Toronto tournament, Djokovic cant help but smile given his recent fortune. Within the past month, the 27-year-old won Wimbledon and got married, and he and his new wife are expecting their first child soon. "Its been probably the best month Ive had in my life with Wimbledon title, with wedding and of course a baby coming up," Djokovic said. "Im going back to the business, back to my office, but of course filled with positive energy, with joy, all the beautiful emotions that a person can experience right now. Hopefully I can use that to perform well on the tennis court." Part of Djokovics joy is that hes playing some of the best tennis of his career. Winning at Wimbledon and in Rome and reaching the final of the French Open at Roland Garros gave him a sizable boost of confidence. At the Rogers Cup, which begins with qualifying rounds Saturday and Sunday while the main draw gets underway Monday, Djokovic returns to hard-court play for the first time since winning the Sony Open in Miami in March. Djokovic got to town Thursday with designs on getting some extra practice in. "One thing is to practise, the other thing is to play an official match," Djokovic said. "Im looking forward to the first match, even though the draw is terrible for me. Still, not my fault. Obviously thats something that I cannot influence." Djokovic was joking throughout the draw about the difficult path hell have to take in order to win his fourth Rogers Cup title. Murray, seeded eighth, would be his quarter-final opponent, and Djokovic would have to get through either third-seeded Stan Wawrinka or seventh-seeded Grigor Dimitrov to reach the final. Roger Federer, whom Djokovic beat in a memorable five-set match to capture this years Wimbledon trophy, headlines the bottom half of the draw as the second seed. Federer moved up after defending champion Rafael Nadal withdrew earlier this week because of a wrist injury. Even without Nadal, the Rogers Cup features what Ontarios lieutenant governor, David C. Onley, called "an A-list of international tennis stars." It doesnt get more A-list than Djokovic. "I really do wish you well in the tournament," Onley said to Djokovic. "As a Canadian, though, Im just wishing you a little bit well in the tournament." There are three Canadians in the field: sixth-seeded Milos Raonic, unseeded Vasek Pospisil and wild card Peter Polansky. Raonic, who on Friday beat Steve Johnson in Washington to reach the semifinals at the Citi Open, will face either American Jack Sock or Austrian Jurgen Melzer after his first-round bye. Raonic lost to Federer in the semifinals at Wimbledon, and his game is on the rise whether his friend Djokovic likes it or not. Djokovic joked that Raonic "can get to No. 1 as soon as Im done with my career." He may not get his wish if Raonics rise continues. "He has the clear goal of what he wants to achieve and he says he wants to be the best, so there is a potential in him," Djokovic said. "Hes already an established top-10 player and hes becoming a player that plays really well on the big stage." This is yet another big stage for Raonic, who was born in Montenegro but grew up in Thornhill, Ont., just outside of Toronto. The three Canadians got spread out throughout the 64-player bracket. Vancouvers Pospisil got a rough draw as hell face Richard Gasquet in the first round, while Frank Dancevic of Niagara Falls, Ont., will face a qualifier and Polansky, also of Thornhill, will open against Polands Jerzy Janowicz. Seven qualifying spots will be filled this weekend. In the meantime, Djokovic will try to get continue his sharp play with the U.S. Open not far away. Re-adjusting to being on hard courts is the first step. "Looking at the results throughout my career, hard court is probably my most successful, most preferred surface," Djokovic said. "Its why I have always excitement for playing in events on this surface." Djokovic has plenty of reasons to be excited, whether its about marrying Jelena or becoming a father. Its good to be Djokovic right now. "Its a real joyful moment, and Im blessed to be in a position to play the sport that I love, to be successful in it now back to No. 1 and of course to be married, to become a parent soon," he said. "I cant ask for more from this life, to be honest. I try to nurture what I have and always seek to improve as a tennis player, to improve as a person and to love my wife, otherwise Ill be in trouble." On the court, Djokovic knows it would be difficult to match 2011, when he won the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. But he still has time to make 2014 almost as successful. "Knowing that I have achieved something like that gives me of course always confidence and I do have high ambitions and expectations for myself wherever I go," he said. "Each year brings a new challenge, and I have matured as a player and as a person. I have gotten stronger in certain aspects of my game and physically, as well." Vapormax Femme Pas Cher .The league also seems to have a fairly active Twitter account www.twitter.com/bikinihockey that features the description “We provide a positive alternative to the hockey community and a venue for adult female hockey athletes to continue in their sport. Nike Air Max 270 React Pas Cher .Y. - The NFL has fined Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch $20,000 for making an obscene gesture during last Sundays NFC championship game, a person with knowledge of the fine told The Associated Press on Thursday. http://www.maxnikepascher.fr/destockage-air-max-plus.html . In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Tonight, Michigans Nik Stauskas of Mississauga, Ontario. DETROIT -- Even when hes behind in the count, Victor Martinez is a tough hitter to face these days. "You cant set Victor Martinez up -- hes just too good at getting the barrel to the ball," Detroit manager Brad Ausmus said. "I dont think it matters what pitch you throw, hes generally going to find a way to do it." Martinez hit a solo homer in sixth inning and Miguel Cabrera also went deep for the Tigers, who won their eighth straight game Wednesday night, 3-2 over the Houston Astros. Martinezs homer came on an 0-2 pitch, when Astros starter Brad Peacock tried to throw a high fastball past the designated hitter. "I have no idea how Victor Martinez even hit that pitch," Houston manager Bo Porter said. "That was up in his eyes and, he not only got a bat on it, he knocked it out of the park." Martinez extended his hitting streak to 10 games, and Rick Porcello (5-1) allowed two runs and seven hits in 6 2-3 innings for the surging Tigers, who remained five games ahead of the second-place Chicago White Sox in the AL Central. Porcello struck out five and walked two. Even Detroits maligned bullpen looked impressive Wednesday. Joba Chamberlain got four outs in relief, striking out the side in the eighth. Joe Nathan pitched the ninth for his seventh save in nine chances. He struck out two, getting Matt Dominguez swinging with a man on third to preserve the win. Houston has lost five straight and seven of eight. Peacock (0-3) allowed three runs and four hits in 6 2-3 innings. He struck out four and walked four. After a slow start, Cabrera is again swinging the bat with authority for the Tigers. After homering in a four-hit, four-RBI performance Tuesday night, he stepped to the plate with a man on Wednesday and lifted a drive to deep right. Houstons George Springer tried valiantly to make the catch at the wall, but the ball nicked off his glove and went over, and the outfielder fell to the ground. It was Cabreras fourth homer of the year. Porcello allowed a run in the third when Marwin&nbssp;Gonzalez doubled and eventually scored on Dexter Fowlers groundout, but the Detroit infield turned double plays in the fifth and sixth to help the 25-year-old right-hander. Vapormax Off White Pas Cher. In the fifth, Gonzalez was on first and took off toward second when Jose Altuve hit a grounder up the middle. Detroit second baseman Ian Kinsler, in the area because of the steal attempt, simply picked up the ball, stepped on the bag and threw to first for the double play. Martinez homered to right to make it 3-1. It was his sixth home run of the season, and hes now hitting .318 with only five strikeouts all year. With two strikes on him, Martinez was ready for a fastball. "I was looking high fastball," Martinez said. "As soon as I saw it, I was making sure that I get on top." Houston answered with a run in the seventh, chasing Porcello. Marc Krauss hit a two-out double, Dominguez followed with a single, and Gonzalez singled to drive in Krauss. Chamberlain came on and retired Altuve with men on first and second to end that threat. The big reliever then struck out three in the eighth. "Brad was the first one on the stairs and said, You got the eighth," Chamberlain said. "I figured after we got out of the (seventh) that was going to be the case. Just prepare, look up and see whos going to be coming up for their lineup, and kind of a mental plan of what you want to do. It worked out." Nathan entered in the ninth and allowed a two-out walk to Krauss. Pinch-runner Jonathan Villar stole second and third, but Dominguez went down swinging to end it. NOTES: The game started after a 9-minute rain delay, and the wet weather persisted during the early innings. ... Detroits Torii Hunter had his hitting streak snapped at 13 games. ... Peacock has gone eight straight starts -- dating to last season -- without allowing more than three earned runs. ... Springer struck out three times. ... Detroits Drew Smyly (2-1) faces Houstons Dallas Keuchel (2-2) on Thursday in a matchup of former college teammates at Arkansas. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen