Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

did that, I remember that. More distant memories of Wies talent exist, of course. This is the 10th anniversary of her rookie sea

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 21.11.2019 13:29
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

SAN MARTIN, Calif. -- When Michelle Wie won the 2014 U.S. Womens Open at Pinehurst No. 2 Course, overcoming a hiccup on the 70th hole to become a major champion after plenty of chances, the conventional wisdom was that her victory would not only be a highlight, but a booster rocket to a new career orbit.The conventional wisdom was wrong.Two years later, on the eve of another U.S. Womens Open, after multiple injuries and missed cuts, Wie is a struggling golfer merely looking for a peek of good form.Wie doing well this week at CordeValle, located about 45 minutes south of her alma mater, Stanford University, would be a feel-good story. But there arent many reasons to feel good that such a plot will develop.Sure, she is inspired by a return to the Bay Area. Yes, she says her health is better. True, she was 11th in last years Open despite having to limp around Lancaster Country Club because of a bad ankle and hip. Any upsides, though, are offset by cold, hard golf facts.Wie hasnt had a top-10 finish in her past 40 tournaments, since the final event of 2014, a year in which she not only won twice but had 11 other top-10s. Her ball-striking and putting have been poor. In 2016, Wie has broken 70 only twice, which goes a long way toward explaining why she is 113th on the LPGA money list with $50,767.Since withdrawing after 15 holes of the final round when she was 11 over for the day at the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic in April, citing neck spasms, Wie has missed the cut in five events and finished outside the top 40 in two others.The list goes on, Wie said of her litany of health issues. Its just been tough, you know, last year with my hip and everything. I had to change my swing so many times. And thats just been the main thing with me -- I just havent had a consistent swing that I can [use] and play pain free. Ive been tinkering so much to try to figure out how I can play without pain.Wies breakout season is seeming more mirage than harbinger. At 26, even Wie needs something to jog her memory of the way she was.I look back at clips on YouTube, Wie said. I think its definitely very important. You forget. You definitely forget how good you are. And I just would be like, Oh, Im not that good. But your friends say youre amazing. You forget that when you have a tough year. But it really does help to look back at clips. Oh, I actually did that, I remember that. More distant memories of Wies talent exist, of course. This is the 10th anniversary of her rookie season as a professional when she was only 16 and had top-5 finishes in three majors, including the U.S. Womens Open. Those results would have been more stunning had Wie not had two top-3 major finishes the previous year, a fourth place the year before and a tie for ninth the year before that, when she teed off in the final group on the final day at the Kraft Nabisco Championship.There was always commotion and controversy around Wie as she was steered toward competing in mens tournaments, a belief that approach was more stunt than smart strategy in her development. There was also no doubt how that early promise showed a gift for the game.Thats just life in general, I think, when youre a kid. Everything seems easy, Wie said. You havent had the failures yet. You havent come across obstacles. And I think every adult can say, Oh, I remember when I was back in middle school or in kindergarten or something, I was so fearless. Thats just the nature of life, I think, that you learn to come across obstacles, you come across hard times, you come across lows.Golfers lives are full of ebb and flow, Wies perhaps being fuller than most and certainly more visible. Even as stars like Lydia Ko, 19, and Brooke Henderson, 18, establish themselves with winning ways and personalities, Wie remains popular and recognizable to lots of fans who would welcome another successful act.Im very grateful for my win at the U.S. Open, Wie said. It was really a dream come true for me. To win another U.S. Open would mean absolutely the world to me. I definitely still feel that I can build momentum on 2014. I dont think two years is too long of a period. I think that everything comes in waves.Wie contends that she is working hard, and that hard work will pay off if she can stay fit.I know the results are going to come, she said. Ive put in the long hours. My coach believes in me. My family believes in me. Its one foot forward at a time. Confidence definitely takes a hit when you dont play as well as you know you can, and youre just going out there and its a grind. Its a brutal game. But at the same time, its still fun. I enjoy the challenge -- thats what brings me back to the game every single time, no matter how hard [Im] struggling.If Wie is able to turn the corner -- whether this week or some other time -- it still makes sense that it will happen when the game seems to her more of a dance than a day shift, even if it is a job she loves. Winning encompasses a bunch of things, including a little magic, which lately for Wie has been harder to find than a fairway. Wholesale Shoes Black Friday Free Shipping . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda. China Shoes Black Friday . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. https://www.cheapshoesblackfriday.com/ .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Buy Shoes Black Friday . Darren Helm scored on Detroits sixth attempt in the shootout and then Jonas Gustavsson stopped Andrew Shaws shot, lifting the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-4 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night. Cheap Shoes Black Friday . Marincin has played in two NHL games so far this season with two penalty minutes. The 21-year-old has three goals, four assists and a plus-5 rating in 24 games with the American Hockey Leagues Oklahoma City Barons this season. MEXICO CITY -- Carlota Ciganda rallied to win the Citibanamex Lorena Ochoa Invitational on Sunday for her second LPGA Tour victory in her past four starts.The 26-year-old Spaniard shot a 4-under 68 at Club de Golf Mexico for a two-stroke victory over five players. She played the four par-5 holes in 5 under, making an eagle on No. 2 and birdies on 6, 11 and 17.Ciganda won the LPGA KEB-Hana Bank Championship a month ago in South Korea for her first tour title. The former Arizona State player has five straight top-10 finishes.I am very happy to be here and to get my second victory, Ciganda said. Its wonderful to play here in Mexico. I honestly dont have any words. I love the golf course, the people, its an honor to be here. Ive been playing really good all year long and to end this year with these two victories gives me a lot of confidence, I am very happy.Ciganda won a year after finishing second to Inbee Park on the tree-lined course.Last year, I was close, Ciganda said. It was a shame not being able to win but it was still a good last day, so I had really good memories. Last week, I was back home just resting because I wanted to play here and to do so well, so I am really happy and thrilled that I was able to win.Third-round leader Austin Ernst had a 71 to drop into a tie for second with 2008 winner Angela Stanford (69), Jodi Ewart Shadoff (67), Karine Icher (69) and Sarah Jane Smith (70).ddddddddddddight now, disappointed. I just didnt play well enough today to get it done, Ernst said. Carlota played really good, especially early. I am just kind of frustrated with how I finished.Stanford won the 2008 event in Guadalajara.It was a good day, Stanford said. Its hard to shoot 3 under on Sunday and be upset, but I had two three-putts. The one on 11 would probably haunt me for a while, but I hit the ball really well and gave myself a lot of chances and I was never in a really bad spot, so to be in contention and have a day like that is pretty encouraging.Mexican amateur Maria Fassi closed with a 73 to tie for 15th at 5 under. Shes a freshman at the University of Arkansas. Gaby Lopez also was 5 under after a 73 on her home course.Canadas Brooke Henderson, the highest-ranked player in the field at No. 7, was 20th at 4 under after a 71. Michelle Wie (72) was 24th at 1 under after a 72. The 2009 winner in Guadalajara, she played on a sponsor invite after failing to qualify for the 30-player event.Tournament host Ochoa won 27 LPGA Tour titles. The Mexican star retired in 2010. She will be inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame next year. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen