Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

wledge that he is still on course for the title.Faced with a title showdown that is not in his hands, Hamilton said all he can d

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 19.11.2019 13:05
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- North Carolina wants a division title. North Carolina State simply wants a bowl invitation.When these neighborhood rivals play Friday, the only thing for certain is that itll be a tough day for the losers -- whose pursuit of their biggest remaining goal will be denied by the team they dislike the most.Id say its a great rivalry, UNC coach Larry Fedora said. Its unique because your fans interact year round -- theyre always around each other. They work together. Im sure that some of them are friends.Probably not on gameday, though.Tar Heels cornerback Des Lawrence says theres a bit more chirping between his team and the Wolfpack, and theres extra talk. That amps things up.So do the stakes.The Tar Heels (8-3, 5-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) enter the final week of the regular season still in the hunt for a Coastal Division title and a repeat berth in the ACC championship game, but they need to beat N.C. State and get some help from Virginia, which faces Virginia Tech the following day.The situation is a bit more dire for the Wolfpack (5-6, 2-5), whose season was marked by close losses to a pair of highly ranked teams -- Clemson and Florida State -- and also befuddling losses to East Carolina and Boston College, two teams with a combined record of 8-14. A win over North Carolina will make them bowl eligible, while a loss will keep them home for the second time in coach Dave Doerens four seasons.Theres been a lot of opportunities that we havent capitalized on, but what hasnt happened is, no one here has backed down, no one here has turned on each other, no one here has gotten negative, Doeren said. I just want our fans to know, we know you want better results, and so do we, but were never going to quit fighting and believing in what were doing.---Some other things to know about the N.C. State-North Carolina rivalry:LAST GAME: This will be the last game for 16 North Carolina seniors -- and maybe for QB Mitch Trubisky, too. The redshirt junior says he hasnt decided whether to enter the NFL Draft early after a season in which he has thrown for 3,188 yards and 25 touchdowns with an efficiency rating of 162.24 -- ranking in the top 15 nationally in each stat category. Ive waited three years just to basically play one year, and its gone by so fast, Trubisky said.ALL DAYES: N.C. State RB Matt Dayes will look for more yards against a North Carolina run defense that has been leaky. Dayes already as the 11th 1,000-yard season in program history -- the first since T.A. McClendon in 2002 -- and is third in the ACC in rushing with 1,015 yards. UNC ranks last in the ACC against the run, allowing more than 233 yards per game.SWITZER LAND: North Carolina WR Ryan Switzer is 189 yards shy of Hakeem Nicks 8-year-old school record for career yards receiving, having already set the school record with 226 receptions. Switzer averages 77.8 yards receiving, so its possible Nicks record could fall in the Tar Heels bowl game.KEY STAT: The team with more yards rushing has gone on to win 21 of the last 24 meetings in the series. The exceptions have come in 2004, 2009 and 2013. North Carolina rushed for 374 yards in last years victory in Raleigh.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org Scarpe Air Max 97 Scontate . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Air Max 90 Uomo Scontate . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season. http://www.airmaxscarpescontate.it/ . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. Vapormax Plus Italia . -- Team after team passed on Andre Ellington in the draft. Air Max 98 Scontate . With their top three point guards and Kobe Bryant all sidelined by injury, the Lakers signed Marshall out of the D-League on Friday before their home game against Minnesota. Lewis Hamilton says he will try to beat teammate Nico Rosberg by as big a margin as possible in Abu Dhabi, even though it may prove futile in his pursuit of a fourth world championship.Rosberg leads Hamilton by 12 points ahead of the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi, meaning Hamilton has to hope his teammate finishes off the podium to stand a chance of winning the title. The British driver has won the last three races with convincing margins over his teammate, but Rosberg has only had to finish second each time in the knowledge that he is still on course for the title.Faced with a title showdown that is not in his hands, Hamilton said all he can do in Abu Dhabi is try to beat Rosberg by the biggest margin possible.Obviously I have to continue what Im doing, he said. Nicos finished every single race this year apart, obviously, from Barcelona which we both didnt finish so hes had fantastic reliability, so I think riight now, as the way its going its going to be very hard to beat him.ddddddddddddhat doesnt mean I cant win the race, so Im going to take the energy I have now and the speed that I have -- which has been great these past few races -- and really try to push as hard as I can in that race to get as far ahead. Its all I can do.Although Rosberg only has to finish third in Abu Dhabi, he said he will try to emulate his victory at Yas Marina last year.Well, its going to be a great, exciting race weekend, a great battle for sure. I would like to win the race and Im going to try and do that for sure. Ive had good experience there in the past but of course thats not going to help this year.You know we all start from zero this year, every time we go to a different track. Yeah, feeling good so lets see. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen