Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Meyer, 26, is trying to establish a foothold after shoulder injuries nearly short-circuited his career.Their respective teams al

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 29.10.2019 04:07
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

BOSTON -- Doc Rivers will be the next coach of the Los Angeles Clippers if the NBA approves the rare but not unprecedented trade of an active coach, a Boston Celtics official told The Associated Press on Sunday night. The deal would bring Boston a first-round draft pick in 2015, according to the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because it is pending a trade call with the NBA office. Rivers, who had three years and $21 million left on his contract with the Celtics, must also reach an agreement on a new deal with the Clippers. Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss said the team had no announcement. The tentative agreement on Sunday wraps up weeks of haggling over the deal and frees Rivers from presiding over the dismantling of the team that won the franchises record 17th NBA title in 2008. The Celtics and Clippers have also discussed sending Kevin Garnett to Los Angeles in a package with Rivers for draft choices, centre DeAndre Jordan and point guard Eric Bledsoe. But NBA commissioner David Stern nixed those talks this week, saying teams arent allowed to trade active players for a coach. A deal for Garnett could still happen, but the teams would have to convince the league that it was a separate deal. The 37-year-old big man has a no-trade clause in the contract that will pay him 23.5 million over the next two years, but it is believed he would waive it to be reunited with Rivers on the West Coast. He has also discussed retiring. Boston could also cut ties with Paul Pierce, the longest-tenured member of the team, who is due to earn $15.3 million next season; he could be bought out for $5 million. Pierce will be 36 by the 2013-14 opener and showed signs of slowing down this season, when he averaged the fewest minutes per game in his career. Rivers took over the Celtics in 2004 in the midst of the longest title drought in franchise history and -- with thanks to the New Big Three of Garnett, Pierce and Ray Allen -- guided them to the 2008 NBA title. They returned to the NBA Finals two years later, losing to the Los Angeles Lakers in seven games. But the Celtics have regressed steadily since then, twice failing to get past the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference playoffs. This year they finished third in the Atlantic Division -- they had won it five straight times -- and lost to the New York Knicks in the first round. That convinced many that it was time to rebuild -- a process Rivers was reluctant to supervise. If the Celtics unload Garnett and Pierce, that would leave them with point guard Rajon Rondo as their only established star. Rivers had the second-longest tenure of any NBA coach to San Antonios Gregg Popovich, compiling a 416-305 record in Boston that was the third-most wins in franchise history behind Red Auerbach (795) and Tommy Heinsohn (427). He also spent four-plus seasons with the Orlando Magic and is 587-473 in all. Trades for coaches have occurred about a half-dozen times in NBA history, most recently in 2007 when the Heat received compensation for allowing Stan Van Gundy to go to the Orlando Magic. In 1983, the Chicago Bulls sent a second-round draft pick to Atlanta as compensation for coach Kevin Loughery. The Hawks used that pick to take Glenn "Doc" Rivers. Jose Rodriguez Jersey . Tests earlier this week revealed a Grade 2 left hamstring strain for Sabathia, who was hurt in last Fridays start against San Francisco. Its an injury that will require about eight weeks to heal. He finished a disappointing campaign just 14-13 with a career-worst 4. Bert Blyleven Jersey . - Chris Tierney snapped a tie with a power-play goal late in the third period as the London Knights rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday. https://www.cheapangels.com/243j-david-fletcher-jersey-angels.html . Hey!" The lower tier of the School End of Queens Park Rangers Loftus Road was packed solid with a very festive-sounding Chelsea choral section in this particular part of South Africa Road London, W12. Bert Blyleven Angels Jersey . U.S. District Judge Lorna G. Schofield in Manhattan agreed that lawyers on both sides could make their formal requests by Nov. 8. A hearing is scheduled for a day earlier. Jordan Siev, a lawyer for Rodriguez, wrote in a joint letter to the judge from lawyers on both sides that MLB lawyers planned to ask that the lawsuit be dismissed. Albert Pujols Jersey . -- The boos poured down on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at the end of a horrible first half. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Two young right-handers only a year apart but at radically different stages of their careers will face each other when the Toronto Blue Jays and the Los Angeles Angels finish their four-game series on Sunday at Angel Stadium.The Blue Jays Marcus Stroman, 25, has become a key member of the rotation in his first full season. The Angels Alex Meyer, 26, is trying to establish a foothold after shoulder injuries nearly short-circuited his career.Their respective teams also face extremely different fates. While the Angels are threatening to lose 90 games for the first time since 1999, the Blue Jays seek their second consecutive playoff spot. The American League Easts defending champions and the Baltimore Orioles hold the two wild-card spots while trailing the first-place Boston Red Sox by three games.Stroman has played a valuable role. The native of Medford, N.Y., leads the Blue Jays with 155 strikeouts and 184 innings pitched, both career highs. Stromans 47 walks are the fewest among Torontos starters.Yet the right-hander lost his previous three starts entering Sundays game. In his last four starts, Stroman has allowed 13 earned runs and 25 hits in 23 innings, with opponents batting .272 against him.In his last appearance Tuesday night, Stroman walked four batters in a game for the first time since June 26. Stroman gave up four runs on six hits, including a three-run home run to Alexei Ramirez, while striking out four in a 6-2 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays.My stuff feels great, Stroman told MLB.com afterward. But were at the point in September where we need to be getting wins, so its frustrating.Yet Stroman has faced far worse. Last year, he tore the anterrior cruciate ligament in his left knee during spring training, but aggressive rehabilitation enabled the right-hander to return to the mound in mid-September and win all four of his regular-season starts, then add a victory over the Kansas City Royals in the American League Championship Series.ddddddddddddThis year, Stroman lost four of six decisions during a nine-game stretch from May 17 to June 26. He allowed 38 earned runs and 67 hits in 45 1/3 innings while opponents batted .353. But from July 1 through Aug. 21, the right-hander compiled a 3.02 ERA.I definitely dealt with a rough stretch, Stroman told the Toronto Star. But that just showed me how strong I am to get through that on my own, and be able to change my mechanics mid-season and have success. I feel like September is my best month so I feel like Im really gong to turn it on.Meyer, acquired from the Minnesota Twins at the trading deadline, has thrown just 40 innings covering 12 games at four different levels, from the Arizona Rookie League to the American League. In 10 major-league games over the past two seasons, the former first-round draft choice has yet to register a victory.In his last start Tuesday night, Meyer permitted four runs and five hits while throwing 76 pitches in just five innings of an 8-0 loss to the Seattle Mariners.Ive just got to do a better job of mixing in off-speed pitches earlier, Meyer told MLB.com. I tried to do too much fastball, especially when I was behind. Obvious they were jumping all over that and I wasnt able to throw it by anybody tonight. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen