Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Sacking those guys that many times, no, I wouldnt have thought that, Washington coach Chris Petersen said. I think one thing t

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 28.10.2019 12:26
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

SEATTLE -- In hindsight, Washington needed the scare that it received two weeks ago in the desert.Otherwise, Friday nights beat down of Stanford may not have taken place.We actually needed that Arizona game to make sure we knew how to handle what happened, how to handle that pressure, how to handle getting punched in the mouth, Washington defensive lineman Elijah Qualls said.Washingtons 44-6 rout of Stanford vaulted the Huskies five spots to No. 5 in this weeks AP Top 25. Its the highest ranking for Washington since the end of the 2000 season when the Huskies finished No. 3 in the final poll following a Rose Bowl victory over Purdue.The last time Washington was ranked this high in October was 1992, when the Huskies spent five weeks at No. 1 before losing to Arizona.Given the national spotlight as the only Power Five game on Friday night, the Huskies didnt disappoint. What was supposed to be a stage for Stanford star and Heisman Trophy hopeful Christian McCaffrey to shine instead became a Cardinal nightmare, engulfed by purple.It was Washingtons largest margin of victory ever over a team ranked in the AP Top 10 and clearly impressed the voters that were left questioning the Huskies validity a week earlier when they needed overtime to win at Arizona. But in the moments after Washingtons most convincing victory over a top opponent in more than a decade, its players freely admitted they needed the challenge provided by the Wildcats to get them ready for Stanford.People were saying we were overrated after the Arizona game and people dont understand Arizona is a hell of a team and that was the best competition we had faced at that point, Qualls said. We kind of got overhyped. I came out jacked because it was Pac-12 play and we kind of got out of our place. We didnt adjust as quickly as we do. We came out overly aggressive and we got out of our minds.Washington was far better at sticking to its assignments defensively against Stanford and most impressively controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Washingtons 214 yards rushing was just the 11th time in 85 games since the start of the 2010 season the Cardinal allowed 200 or more yards rushing by an opponent.Washingtons defensive line also overwhelmed the Stanford front without the need for exotic blitzes. The Huskies recorded eight sacks of Stanford quarterbacks, with all of them coming from players along the defensive front. Psalm Wooching is listed as a linebacker but in Washingtons defensive alignment plays on the line. He had three sacks against the Cardinal.Sacking those guys that many times, no, I wouldnt have thought that, Washington coach Chris Petersen said. I think one thing that really helped that, too, was we kind of got them out of their game plan where they had to throw it probably more than they wanted to throw it and then our guys could pin their ears back. By our offense clicking early and being pretty efficient, I think thats not necessarily where they want to be in terms of their style.The win over Stanford and the attention Washington gained because of the victory will only be validated if the Huskies can go to Eugene this week and snap a 12-game losing streak to Oregon.You sleep on anybody or you start feeling like `We got it, we got if figured out, I know what comes next, Petersen said. These kids have been fun to coach because theyve been really, really business-like and they practice hard. If we keep doing that, I like our chances because theyll compete hard.---APs college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org Cheap Real Air Max . Emery skated the length of the ice and fought an unwilling Holtby during the third period of the Flyers 7-0 loss Friday night in Philadelphia. He was given 29 penalty minutes, including a game misconduct. But Emery did not face even a disciplinary hearing with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan because rules 46. Replica Air Max . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shootout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. https://www.airmaxchina.us/ .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Clearance Air Max .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. Cheap Air Max . LOUIS -- St. CHICAGO -- Jessica January had 25 points, nine rebounds and seven assists and No. 21 DePaul beat UAB 90-80 in the championship of the Maggie Dixon Classic on Saturday night.The Blue Demons (2-0) never trailed and had their largest lead at 73-47 on Deja Cages 3-pointer with 9:22 left in the fourth quarter. But the Blazers (1-1) got hot, scoring the next eight points and rallying all the way to an 87-80 deficit on Miyah Barnes free throws with 42 seconds left..ddddddddddddClaire McMahons 3-pointer with 27 seconds to go put DePaul back up by 10 and the Blue Demons held on from there. Ashton Millender added 21 points and Jacqui Grant had 11 points and 15 rebounds for DePaul.Micah Scheetz had 19 points and Barnes scored 18 for UAB. Rachael Childress and Imani Johnson added 12 points each. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen