Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

on Georges comeback tour.Now I know Im healthy, I know Im OK, I know Im 100 percent, George said. Im back to being my

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 26.10.2019 10:38
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

LAS VEGAS -- It has been two years since Paul Georges life was inextricably altered during a USA Basketball exhibition game in which he snapped his right leg in gruesome fashion under the basket at the Thomas & Mack Center, an incident he now refers to simply as the injury.Hes back in Las Vegas this week. Back donning a USA jersey across his chest. Back among the games elite. Back fulfilling his reputation as a dominant talent on the court.George already restored his place in the basketball pecking order before this week, making third-team All-NBA and second-team All-Defensive in 2015-16 while putting up better overall numbers than he did for the Indiana Pacers in the season before the injury. Resuming his spot within Team USA just brings things full circle.It means a lot, George said after Team USAs opening practice of training camp in preparation for the Rio Olympics next month. This is like really a redemption to myself. All the bad that happened on that night, I owed myself this opportunity to come back out here and compete for my country.For all that has been made about stars such as?LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Russell Westbrook, James Harden and Kawhi Leonard bowing out of international competition this summer, Georges inclusion cant be emphasized enough.Its one of the great stories of this group, said Jerry Colangelo, USA Basketballs managing director. I mean, when you think about it, when you think back to the tragedy when the injury took place, no one could have projected where he would be. And was his career over? Was his career going to be limited because of the injury? Would he ever come back fully? And to see him back and to see what hes accomplished back in the league, its like he didnt miss a beat.While George has reclaimed his perch, its impossible not to notice all that has changed since that fateful night in August 2014, when he chased down Harden to foul him on a fast break and suffered an open tibia-fibula fracture after landing awkwardly at the base of the basket stanchion.Donald Trump went from reality TV show host to presidential hopeful; the Golden State Warriors went from a promising group to the league standard for excellence; Georges Pacers went from knocking on the door of the NBA Finals with consecutive Eastern Conference finals appearances to a new-look group thats hardly recognizable compared with what they were before the injury.Indianas core has been blown up: Frank Vogel now coaches the Orlando Magic; Roy Hibbert is on his second different team; David West is on his second different team; Lance Stephenson is on his third different team.It just goes to show the evolution of this game, George said. Im looked upon as the leader and the longest-[tenured] Pacer now. So its sunk in. I dont think it will officially sink in until training camps started, and Im looking around, and Im the face of it. So its just part of the game, and Ill deal with it.Indianas future, although its a promising one with the offseason additions of Jeff Teague, Al Jefferson and Thaddeus Young, is yet to be determined. What is certain is how George took a guarantee made by Colangelo shortly after the injury that there would a spot waiting for him on the 16 Olympic team, and went and proved he belonged anyway.It was meant to be an incentive for him, Colangelo said. But when you see its actually happened and hes earned it in every way, this is not a gift here. Hes literally earned this spot. Its just a lot of extra love involved in this one. So were very happy for him, and its great to have him here.This summer could end up being a reminder to the world just how good George really is. With no James or Leonard, hell team with Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony as the teams most versatile swingman.The way hes just handled everything: physically to be at the level hes at, emotionally, mentally ... coach Mike Krzyzewski said. I mean, wow. I remember being in a hospital with him. ... You try to envision and talk about, Well, in Rio, youll be there. And you hope that you believe that, you think you do, but then maybe thats not going to happen. And it is. And hopefully we win, and that would be an even better story.That story and the way it unfolds at the Olympics is the final march on Georges comeback tour.Now I know Im healthy, I know Im OK, I know Im 100 percent, George said. Im back to being myself. Its no limitations. Its no thought in my mind that Im limited to something. I kind of just feel like all the chains are off of me and Im free now.Unburdened by the injury, George is embracing being back at the scene where his progress was interrupted.Im just enjoying it, man, he said. Im just enjoying it. This trip is not about the injury. Thats behind me. It happened. Im over it. Its about preparing for a gold medal. Kelly Oubre Jr. Jersey .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Ty Jerome Suns Jersey . Ouellette, from Montreal, already has three Olympic gold medals since joining the team in 1999. https://www.thesunslockerroom.com/Deandre-Ayton-City-Edition-Jersey/ .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. Steve Nash Suns Jersey . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. Charles Barkley Suns Jersey . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. CALGARY, Alberta -- Canada has selected Jay Bouwmeester to replace Duncan Keith on its roster for the World Cup of Hockey.Keith is still rehabbing a right knee injury he suffered last season, the Chicago Blackhawks said. The two-time Norris Trophy winner as the NHLs top defenseman had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in October.Bouwmeester, 32, rejoins Canada after winning gold at the 2014 Sochi Olympics. He was chosen as Keiths replacement by Canadian general manager Doug Armstrong, whos also Bouwmeesters general manager with the St.dddddddddddd Louis Blues.The smooth-skating lefty will presumably again be paired with fellow Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo at the World Cup, which begins Sept. 17 in Toronto.Canada already had an injury replacement at forward with Logan Couture taking Jamie Benns place. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen