Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Back in the agent business after a lengthy personal detour, Leigh Steinbergs first new football client is, naturally, a quarter

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 25.10.2019 05:40
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

Back in the agent business after a lengthy personal detour, Leigh Steinbergs first new football client is, naturally, a quarterback. JJ Arcega-Whiteside Youth Jersey . Steinberg has signed SMU quarterback Garrett Gilbert, the son of former NFL quarterback Gale Gilbert. Steinberg was Gale Gilberts agent and also represents SMU coach June Jones. This is the first time Steinberg, the real-life inspiration for "Jerry Maguire," has represented the son of a former client. "Its the first signing of the new era," Steinberg said from New York, where hell host a big Super Bowl party on Saturday. "Its totally exciting to be back in the saddle again. I love it and next year well do a full draft. "The father went to my alma mater, so its especially rewarding," added Steinberg, who like Gale Gilbert attended California. "The genes count." A powerful agent since 1975, Steinberg had an all-star stable of clients that included many who would become NFL Hall of Famers, including Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, Howie Long, Thurman Thomas, Derrick Thomas and Bruce Smith. Known for a squeaky clean image, he battled alcoholism and bankruptcy, and let his agent certification lapse. After getting sober and clearing bankruptcy, Steinberg was recertified by the NFL Players Association last fall and launched Steinberg Sports and Entertainment. The funding for his new agency didnt come through until November, so with most college players already having decided on an agent, he decided to focus on players who would enter the 2015 draft. Garrett Gilbert was an exception. Garrett Gilbert said his father and Jones didnt necessarily steer him toward signing with Steinberg but that he discussed it with both of them. "Obviously, hes a big name and really thats all I knew about him," the younger Gilbert said about Steinberg. "I knew that he formerly represented quite a few big-time draft picks as well as some of the top players in the NFL. One of the biggest determining factors was that everything seemed to fit perfectly in our discussions and for his plan for me going forward, as well as involving my family in that decision." Gilbert is currently working out in northern San Diego in preparation for SMUs pro day in Dallas on March 28. Steinberg said he generally uses Jones and Moon for input on potential quarterback clients. "June says that if you take the film from game six in his junior year to this year, hes played as well as any quarterback in the country," Steinberg. "He thinks that he has the makings of a franchise-type quarterback. At this point hes not currently rated in that group." Steinberg said Gilberts pro day can help his draft stock. "Garrett comes from good bloodlines," the agent said. "He has size but also running ability. Hes able to be multi-dimensional. He throws beautifully. The maturation point for many quarterbacks, it all comes together at the end of their junior and senior year." Gilbert was a highly touted recruit at Texas who was supposed to be Colt McCoys successor. But he struggled and transferred to SMU. He put up some big numbers last fall before getting hurt late in the season. Gilbert is projected as a lower-round pick. "Ive got friends telling me all sorts of things," he said. "All I can focus on is getting myself in the best shape possible as well as get ready for the pro day." Gale Gilbert was a backup quarterback with teams that went to five straight Super Bowls, losing all of them. The first four were with Buffalo and the final time was when the San Diego Chargers lost to the San Francisco 49ers, who got a record six TD passes from Young. The younger Gilbert is scheduled to join Steinberg in New York this weekend for Super Bowl festivities, so he can get a sense of what the NFLs about. "Im excited about him," Steinberg said. "This is the process. ... Wherever he ends up, I think he will end up starting in the NFL." Big on promoting charitable causes, Steinberg will host his 26th Super Bowl party Saturday in Manhattan. It will help generate awareness for the Lone Survivor Fund and include a live uplink to troops in Afghanistan. DeSean Jackson Youth Jersey . The Union looked to have grabbed a big win in the 88th minute when Amobi Okugo finally put the hosts in front. But a terrible giveaway by Union goalkeeper Rais Mbolhi handed Earnshaw the equalizer in the second minute of stoppage time, keeping the Union two points back of fifth-place Red Bull New York for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Brian Dawkins Womens Jersey . Hes coming back to fulfil them. One of Europes top coaches, Blatt was hired Friday by the Cavaliers, who ended a sweeping, 39-day search with an out-of-the-box selection they hope changes their fortunes. https://www.eaglessportsgoods.com/Womens-Carson-Wentz-Inverted-Jersey/ ., will experience this week. A year in which the Canadian curling championship has been pushed forward a week to accommodate the Winter Olympics was deemed the perfect chance to stage the event in Montreal for the first time since 1979.KINGSTON, Ont. - Missing some of its biggest stars, the Canadian figure skating team will still head to the world championships with the podium in its sights.Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford in pairs and Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje in ice dance headline the world championship team named Sunday at the end of the Canadian championships.Both the pairs and ice dance teams are enjoying breakthough seasons, sweeping gold in every competition in which theyve competed, including the Grand Prix Final in December.Given what we had coming out of the Final, definitely with Meagan and Eric and Kaitlyn and Andrew, (the goal is) podium, said Mike Slipchuk, Skate Canadas high performance director. And both have a great shot at gold. Those are two realistic entries.And we have a lot of unknowns.Missing in action this weekend were three-time world champion Patrick Chan and Olympic and world ice dance champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. All three, who were at the Rogers K-Rock Centre to watch the competition, are taking this season off to contemplate their futures.In a transition year, weve created depth, Slipchuk said. When and if Chan and the ice dancers return, he said it will only make us stronger.Spots that were available this year might not be there next year. That changed the landscape. And I think it makes everyone hungrier ... Were starting to see the potential of our younger skaters. They were thrust in the spotlight this year and they totally handled it fine.Nam Nguyen, a 16-year-old from Toronto, won the mens title in dominant fashion, giving a glimpse of a bright future in mens skating. Nam, he just lit it up, Slipchuk said. Nguyen is improving at breakneck pace, finishing 23rd in a junior Grand Prix last season months before winning the world junior championships. He captured a bronze and a fourth-place finish in his two senior Grand Prix events this season, and then had the performance of his career at the K-Rock Centre, opening Saturday nights free program with a huge quad Salchow on his way to a clean program.The thing with Nam is he is just so calm, cool and collected, and consistent, Slipchuk said. He has a good sense of humour, hes fun to be around, but when hes on the ice, its all business. With the way the field is now, and everyone is so technically efficient, youve got to be efficient. And he just gives you that feeling that first jump is landed, hess going clean. Randall Cunningham Jersey. Following in Chans footsteps, Slipchuk said, has helped Nguyens development.Weve always had someone everyone could develop underneqth. Jeff (Buttle) was there so Patrick had a year or two to build up. Then Patrick carried that group of men underneath him, so they could develop under him. And now this is the result of that.And I think its that leadership, we have a great group of skaters, theyre great role models, they want to see all Canadians succeed, and you saw that with Patrick being here (in Kingston) and Tessa and Scott being here, they all came back.Jeremy Ten of Vancouver is the other mens entry for the world championships. Gabrielle Daleman of Newmarket, Ont., won the womens title in a field that was missing defending champion Kaetlyn Osmond due to injury. Alaine Chartrand of Prescott, Ont., finished second to also make the world team.Canadas other two world entries in pairs are Lubov Ilyushechkina and Dylan Moscovitch of Toronto, and Julianne Seguin of Longueuil, Que., and Charlie Bilodeau of Notre-Dame-du-Portage, Que. Seguin and Bilodeau are still juniors, and are aiming for gold at the world junior championships.Ilyushechkina and Moscovitch are a new team this season, created after Moscovitch split with former partner Kirsten Moore-Towers. Ilyushechkina competed for Russia, and when Moscovitch discovered she was without a partner, he approached her via Facebook, inviting her for a tryout.They won silver this week despite only joining forces in the fall. They had just one previous competition under their belt.We had to prepare everything for a big start, I know the Canadian expression Go big or go home, Ilyushechkina said.Ilyushechkina is eligible to compete for Canada at the world championships, but must obtain Canadian citizenship to compete in the Olympics.Oh, its fantastic, she said, about wearing Canadas colours at the world championships. I dont believe it yet.Piper Gilles of Toronto and Paul Poirier of Unionville, Ont., and Alexandra Paul of Midhurst, Ont., and Mitchell Islam of Barrie, Ont., round out the ice dance group. All three had top-10 finishes at last years world championships, proving that Canadas strength in ice dance doesnt stop with Virtue and Moir.Weaver and Poje captured silver at last years worlds, but are the favourites for gold a year later.The world championships are March 23-29. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen