Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

lp No. 23 USC shake off another slow start with a 79-67 victory over Cornell on Monday night.We have a long way to go, Enfield s

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 24.10.2019 05:17
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- Southern California coach Andy Enfield can hardly believe his team is still undefeated.Chimezie Metu scored 17 points and Jordan McLaughlin had 16 points and nine assists to help No. 23 USC shake off another slow start with a 79-67 victory over Cornell on Monday night.We have a long way to go, Enfield said. We have to get better. Honestly, I have no idea how were 11-0.The Trojans fell behind by 10 points for the second consecutive game, but overcame sharp outside shooting by Cornell (2-7) with a solid second half.Cornell fired away from 3-point range all night, hitting 12 of 30 attempts from beyond the arc to keep itself in the game.Playing its seventh road game of the season, Cornell gave USC a tougher time than expected. Stone Gettings scored 22 points for the Big Red, Rob Hatter had 20 and Matt Morgan added 15.We had a game plan that was working for the most part, but they have some very talented, fundamentally sound players, and it was difficult to compete for that long, Cornell coach Brian Earl said.USC (11-0) looked like a team taking the Big Red lightly in the early going. With the Trojans hitting just one of their first eight shots, Cornell jumped out to a 16-6 lead behind a trio of 3-pointers from Gettings, a local product from Los Angeles Loyola High School.Cornell was still up by nine with less than 8 minutes to play in the first half when USC started its comeback. Elijah Stewart, the Trojans leading scorer, missed his first five shots but hit a 3 in the last minute to give USC a 37-34 lead at the break.Our team is streaky, but were talented and were young and they play well together, Enfield said. As optimistic and proud as we are of them, we know we have a lot of work to do.USC, which never trailed in the second half, also had to erase a 10-point deficit in its previous game Saturday against Troy.We have to stop getting off to slow starts like that, McLaughlin said. We kind of wait, for some reason. Its something we have to be focused on. You dont want to play catch-up. Some night you wont be able to do it.USC had a commanding height advantage and might have attempted to play too much 1-on-1 early, but did outrebound Cornell 43-28.METU ON THE RISEThe 6-foot-11 sophomore forward came off the bench last season, but is beginning to look like a force as a starter for USC this season.Chimezie is a high-level talent and a lot comes down to physicality and athleticism when you match up against him, Earl said. We just couldnt stop him. He will be in the league (the NBA) in a couple years, I imagine.COMEBACK KIDSThe Trojans have pulled off six comebacks of at least nine points this season.Were very explosive at times, Enfield said. We can score the ball. We just have to be more consistent.Its hard to come back every game like that.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Trojans moved up one spot to No. 23 this week and figure to continue slowly climbing as long as they remain undefeated.BIG PICTURECornell: Its been nearly 60 years since Cornell beat a Top 25 team on the road. The last time the Ivy League school accomplished the feat was against No. 17 Syracuse on Dec. 14, 1957. Thats a streak of 52 consecutive losses.USC: The 11-game winning streak is the longest for the Trojans since they opened 16-0 in 1971 and finished 24-2.UP NEXTCornell: The Big Red will meet their second team of Trojans when they play Troy on Thursday in Las Vegas.USC: The Trojans face Missouri State on Thursday in Las Vegas.Ryan Anderson Rockets Jersey . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Hakeem Olajuwon Jersey . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. https://www.rocketsrookiesshop.com/Hakeem-Olajuwon-City-Edition-Jersey/ . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons. Brandon Knight Rockets Jersey . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. Danuel House Jersey . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long.EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. --?Odell Beckham Jr. says UFC star Conor McGregor provided late inspiration for the New York Giants receivers history-making performance Monday night.Beckham attended UFC 205 at Madison Square Garden during the weekend where McGregor beat Eddie Alvarez in the main event. Beckham insists it helped Monday night when the Giants beat the Cincinnati Bengals?21-20 and he caught 10 passes for 97 yards and a touchdown.When Beckham hit 69 yards in the second quarter, he became the fastest to 3,500 receiving yards in NFL history. He did it in 36 games. San Diego Chargers legend Lance Alworth previously held the record, as he reached 3,500 yards in 37 games.I set the bar high for myself. I kind of had some late inspiration, Beckham said. I went to the UFC fight and I went there to watch McGregor and just a guy who is very strong in his beliefs and sure enough, he backs it up every time. Just sitting there watching him do his thing gave me more motivation.I had seen that I needed however many yards it was to break that record [for quickest to 3,500 yards], so really that stuff is kind of secondary right now. We are 6-3; I havent been 6-3 since I have been here, so this is a good feeling.Beckham had 10 catches on 11 targets Monday night. It was a season high in catches, and the 90.9 reception percentage tied a career best.I usually go to things like that for inspiration. I like seeing guys in their atmosphere, said Beckham, who was seen at several Cleveland Cavaliers playoff games watching LeBron James earrlier this year.dddddddddddd Even when I was going to the US Open and I was watching them play tennis, it is just something about seeing someone else in their own zone and sure enough, after he won the fight, that was my first UFC fight ever and everybody is tweeting at me asking me why am I mad that he won. I am like, I came here to see him. My mind is just wired differently.So when I am sitting there watching him and I had this blank stare on my face because there are just so many thoughts going through my head, so I definitely got a lot of inspiration going there and watching him win, double champ and sure enough we came out and we won [Monday], so it has been a pretty good week.Beckham even got to meet McGregor on Saturday. He posted a picture on Instagram of the stars meeting.It was cool. It was a fun experience, Beckham said. It was the first time I had been there and everyone took care of me.Two nights later, Beckham took care of his own business. He helped the Giants win their fourth straight game.Beckham started this season slowly. He didnt score a touchdown until the final minutes of a Week 5 loss in Green Bay. Hes scored five touchdowns in the four games since.After setting all sorts of receiving records in his first two professional seasons, Beckham is on track for another monster season. Hes 10th in catches (54), seventh in yards (773) and tied for fourth in touchdowns (6). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen