Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

MILWAUKEE -- NBA Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is interested in returning in some capacity to the Milwaukee Bucks. [url=htt

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 23.10.2019 07:28
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

MILWAUKEE -- NBA Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is interested in returning in some capacity to the Milwaukee Bucks. Justin Jackson Jersey . "If I get a call, I will definitely offer my services," said Abdul-Jabbar, the franchises career leading scorer with 14,211 points. "Theres nothing on the table right now. A couple of people have asked me and if I had the chance to be part of this franchise again, I would take it." In December, former Sen. Herb Kohl announced he would seek minority investors in the team, which he has owned since 1985. The franchise is at something of a crossroads, struggling to draw large crowds to an aging building. The Bucks beat Utah 114-88 on Monday, but have the leagues worst record at 12-47. Still, Abdul-Jabbar sees Milwaukee as a viable NBA market. "They have to get their business model right," Abdul-Jabbar said Monday. "I hope that the Bucks are able to sort it all out and get on a good footing. You cant win it all unless you get the right players and you cant get the right players unless youre really in a good position as a business." Abdul-Jabbar was in town in part to promote a new tourism ad for the state of Wisconsin that played off his acting role in the movie "Airplane." Over the last few years, Abdul-Jabbar has expressed an interest in returning to the NBA as a coach. Hes worked as a special assistant with teams such as the Clippers and Lakers. Abdul-Jabbar -- then Lew Alcindor -- was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1969 NBA draft and immediately turned the Bucks, coming off their expansion season, into contenders. Milwaukee went 56-26 and finished second in the Eastern Division behind Abdul-Jabbars 28.8 points and 14.5 rebounds per game. Not long after the season ended, the Bucks obtained Oscar Robertson from the Cincinnati Royals, leading to a dominant 1970-71 season. They finished with a 66-16 record and swept Baltimore in the NBA Finals, becoming the fastest expansion franchise to win a championship in the history of major professional sports. The Bucks returned to the Finals in 1974, losing to Boston in seven games. Robertson would retire just before the 74-75 season and Abdul-Jabbar quietly requested a trade, looking for a bigger market and the chance to join another contender. "They appreciated that and they appreciated that I kept my mouth shut about it," he said. "I gave them the opportunity to approach other teams and they figured out the best deal they could make for themselves." Abdul-Jabbar got his wish in June 1975, when he was shipped to the Lakers in a deal that included Junior Bridgeman going to Milwaukee. Both players have had their jerseys retired by the franchise. Bridgeman, who was honoured by the team last week, also has been mentioned as a possible investor. Caleb Swanigan Jersey .ca NBA Power Rankings. Winners of 15 straight, with a healthy roster, the Spurs have overtaken the Clippers and Oklahoma City Thunder for the number one ranking. Dewayne Dedmon Kings Jersey . Although Olivetti, a qualifier, had 13 aces, he failed to force a single break-point chance on Gasquets serve and lost his own three times. Gasquet next plays third-seeded Jerzy Janowicz of Poland, who won had 18 aces in a 6-2, 6-4 win against seventh-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France. https://www.kingslockerroom.com/Demarcus-Cousins-City-Edition-Jersey/ . As the Winnipeg Blue Bombers opened their main training camp Sunday, Kuale is one of the newcomers brought in to bolster a sagging defence that ranked overall where the Bombers finished 2013, in the CFL cellar with a league high 585 points against. WASHINGTON -- The Washington Redskins have turned to a familiar name associated with a notorious blunder as they try to fill the biggest hole on their roster. Ryan Clark, who was allowed to leave Washington nearly a decade ago when they decided that Adam Archuleta was the better option at safety, was scheduled for a visit to Redskins Park. The team on Wednesday was also planning to host defensive end Antonio Smith, although another of its targeted players -- cornerback Corey Graham -- decided to sign with the Buffalo Bills. In addition, the Redskins announced the signings of receiver Andre Roberts, guard Shawn Lauvao and special teams standout Adam Hayward. All three agreed to their deals shortly after the start of the leagues open market period Tuesday afternoon. There was another addition: a one-year deal for free agent tackle Bruce Campbell, a 2010 draft pick who sat out last season with a shoulder injury and has yet to start an NFL game. His signing continued a modest approach to free agency despite salary cap money to spend after a 3-13 season. Campbell would provide some competition for Tyler Polumbus at right tackle, although the Redskins were expected to pursue a proven starter at the position. Campbells deal is worth $710,000, according to The Washington Post. The Redskins initial free agency moves were noteworthy for two reasons: They represent a more pragmatic approach now that general manager Bruce Allen has been given control of the roster, and they didnt include a safety. Most of the top available safeties were snapped up wwithin hours of the start of free agency. Peja Stojakovic Kings Jersey. Jairus Byrd, T.J. Ward, Donte Whitner and Antoine Bethea are off the board. The Redskins made a play for Mike Mitchell, but he chose to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Redskins face uncertainty at both safety positions. Incumbents Brandon Meriweather and Reed Doughty are both free agents; Meriweather has battled injuries and inconsistency, while Doughty is more valuable in a special teams role. Washington drafted a pair of safeties last year, but Phillip Thomas missed the season with a foot injury and Bacarri Rambo lost a starting job after struggling early in the season. Clark turns 35 this year and is on the backside of his career, but he is expected to field offers from several teams before accepting an offer. He would add leadership to a defence that is losing captain London Fletcher, who plans to retire. The Redskins rue the fact that they didnt have Clark in his prime: He had eight productive seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers after Washington didnt re-sign him after the 2005 season, while Archuleta became one of the biggest free agent busts for a franchise that has had more than its share. Clark announced on ESPN that he would be visiting the Redskins, although his appearance on the Bristol-based network might have led to complications for his free agency plans. Late Wednesday, he tweeted: "Is this a sign? Crazy traffic in Conn. Might miss the flight to DC!" Later, he tweeted: "Man, now my flight is delayed! Sign .2? Come on man!" ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen