Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ashington State (0-2) was trying to match what it did in 2001 when the Cougars won 41-20 in Boise and rebound from being stu

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 22.10.2019 14:31
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

LAC DE PAYOLLE, France -- Dribbling in pain on the punishing climb of the Col dAspin, Thibaut Pinot saw his hopes of winning the Tour de France disappear.While his rivals in the fight for the yellow jersey came out unscathed from the first big ascent of this years race on Friday, Frances top hope crossed the finish line nearly seven minutes after stage winner Steve Cummings, losing just over three minutes to the group that included defending champion Chris Froome.The sight of Pinot struggling during the 12-kilometer ascent of the legendary Pyrenean path, spit and sweat flowing down his face, was a shock.Pinot, a third-place finisher at the Tour two years ago, started the race with most French hopes on his shoulders. An excellent climber, Pinot improved in time trials heading into the race and was confident he would be able to fight toe to toe with Froome and Nairo Quintana for the overall win.Having avoided losing time in the first third of the race, the 26-year-old FDJ team leader entered the Pyrenees with high morale. Less than 163 kilometers further down the route leading to the Champs Elysees, at the finish line on the shores of the Lac de Payolle, the Frenchman cut an ashen-faced figure.I had bad legs, its as simple as that, said Pinot, whose struggles in the Category 1 ascent were in stark contrast to his scintillating form a year earlier on his way to a prestigious win on the slopes of the Alpe dHuez.I dont want to make excuses. Its the third time in my career that Ive blown up in the Pyrenees. Im not 100 percent, and at the Tour you need to ride at 100 percent. Obviously its a waste, my whole season is almost dust. The Tour was my main goal and after the first mountain stage, this goal is already dead.Pinots struggles even surprised his FDJ teammates, who set the tempo at the start of the ascent.They tried to put me in the best position at the foot of the climb, said Pinot, who enjoyed a strong start to the season crowned by a time trial title at the French national championships last month. After two kilometers, I understood I was not in top form. Let see how I fare tomorrow.With two more difficult stages in the Pyrenees this weekend, FDJ manager Marc Madiot said it is now crucial to find out quickly what exactly happened to his protege.He was even below his average level, obviously we expected more, Madiot said. We need to understand why he is not at his best level.Pinot brushed off suggestions that he prepared poorly for the race.We all wanted to peak at Mont Ventoux when the race will really start on July 14, Pinot said. But we are not machines. To hit peak form at the right time is easier to say than actually achieve.With Pinot, France had a good chance of producing a home champion for the first time since Bernard Hinault posted the final of his five wins back in 1985. Barring an improbable comeback, Pinot is now out of contention and the nations hopes hang on the fortunes of Romain Bardet and Warren Barguil, who have yet to lose time on the main favorites. Fake Air Max Trainers .Y. -- Sabres forward Drew Stafford has witnessed plenty of turmoil during his eight seasons in Buffalo. Fake Air Max 270 For Sale . 8 Iowa State on Saturday, sending the Cyclones to their third consecutive loss. The Longhorns (14-4, 3-2) got their biggest win of the season with their third in the row in the Big 12. http://www.fakeairmaxukoutlet.com/ .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. Cheap Air Max 95 Free Shipping . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament. Cheap Air Max 90 Trainers . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. BOISE, Idaho -- On the verge of another win over a Pac-12 team on its home field, Boise State nearly crumbled in the final minutes.Fortunately the Broncos did enough over the first three quarter to hold on.Jeremy McNichols rushed for 116 yards and two touchdowns, Tyler Horton returned his first career interception 85 yards for a touchdown and Boise State held on in the fourth quarter for a 31-28 win over Washington State on Saturday night.Brett Rypien threw for 299 yards, including a 47-yard touchdown to Thomas Sperbeck, but was intercepted twice in the fourth quarter, giving Washington State chances until the final play when Luke Falks desperation heave was batted down.Boise State (2-0) won its 34th straight regular season non-conference home game, knocking off the last out of conference team to win on The Blue.We did not face adversity in our first game. ... We got a chance to do that tonight, Boise State coach Bryan Harsin said.Falk was 55-of-71 passing for 480 yards and four touchdowns, but it took three quarters before he could beat the Broncos throwing downfield, hitting Tavares Martin Jr. on a 50-yard TD late in the third quarter that pulled the Cougars within 24-14. Rypien quickly answered, completing three straight passes for 68 yards before McNichols second touchdown run pushed the Broncos lead 31-14 on the first play of the fourth quarter.That proved to be enough -- barely.There were definitely some uncharacteristic mistakes I made tonight, Rypien said. But we won. Were 2-0.Falk rallied in the fourth quarter, throwing touchdown passes of 14 yards -- on fourth down -- to Jamal Morrow and hitting Gabe Marks on a 33-yard TD with 4:17 left right after Rypien was intercepted to pull within 31-28. Washington State got the ball back with a minute remaining after poor clock management by the Broncos, but the Cougars had their own problems with the clock and settled for Falks final throw that fell short.Leach ripped into his teams toughness after the loss, saying the Cougars outplayed Boise State in every other category.We outperformed them in a ton of different ways but were not tough enough, Leach said. And as a football team we have to get (a llot) tougher and right now were not very tough.dddddddddddd.Washington State (0-2) was trying to match what it did in 2001 when the Cougars won 41-20 in Boise and rebound from being stunned by FCS power Eastern Washington in last weeks opener. But the Cougars got off to an awful start with Falk getting intercepted on their opening drive deep in Boise State territory and watching Horton manage to stay inbound and sprint 85 yards to give the Broncos the early lead.It was the first of six drives by the Cougars that reached Boise State territory and failed to end in points. The Cougars had a field goal attempt blocked, punted twice and turned the ball over on downs twice inside the Broncos half of the field, the last coming when Morrow was stuffed on fourth-and-1 at the 46 with 5:12 remaining.TAKEAWAYSWashington State: Any momentum from last years nine wins and a bowl victory is gone for the Cougars. They were able to rebound a year ago after losing to FCS Portland State in the opener by winning at Rutgers, but an 0-2 start this year may be difficult to overcome with the upcoming schedule.Boise State: The Broncos remembered how to win at home. Boise State lost its final two home games of last season, the first time losing consecutive home games since 1997. They made sure it wasnt three straight.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Broncos were on the edge of cracking the Top 25 last week. Theres a chance the Broncos could slide in this week, although the fourth quarter rally by Washington State may have taken away some votes. Either way, if the Broncos can win at Oregon State in two weeks, they should be able to break through at that point.UP NEXTWashington State: The Cougars close out their non-conference schedule as Idaho makes the 8-mile trip across the state border to face the Cougars.Boise State: The Broncos get the week off before facing a second straight Pac-12 school, traveling to Oregon State on Sept. 24.LAST WORDIt was a good test for us. It was nice to be able to see what were made of early, Boise State linebacker Ben Weaver said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen