Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ng the Saints (4-5).Both teams figure they should have won on Sunday, but they fell painfully. Carolina blew a big lead against

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 22.10.2019 14:30
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Professional golf is played around the world, in some remote places, by players who never get a sniff of the bright lights of the PGA Tour, the emerald green grass of Augusta National and the Masters, or the intensity of the U.S. Open.Adilson da Silva fits that description pretty well. Hes been playing for pay for more than 25 years, having turned pro as a teenager. He had to leave his native country of Brazil to pursue his dream in South Africa, where he has won 12 times on the Sunshine Tour.But for the entirety of his career, da Silva, 44, has played in just two major championships, both Opens. And that makes the Olympic golf tournament a huge deal to him -- especially since it is being played in his own country.Recognizing the significance of that, the International Golf Federation chose da Silva to hit the opening tee shot of the 72-hole tournament Thursday morning. And the gesture has not gone unnoticed.Wow. It is like having a hole-in-one and the feeling will sink in later, da Silva said. Its quite a feeling. Very happy and honored for such a thing. Sometimes I think, Why do I deserve this?I hope Ill be sleepy so I dont feel the pressure so much.Da Silva is ranked 288th in the world, the 50th player out of 60 in the field to qualify.He learned to play golf in a small Brazilian town, where he caddied at a nine-hole golf course. He turned pro as a teenager and eventually made his way to South Africa, where he lives in Durban.Although Brazil was assured of having at least one player in the tournament, da Silva was determined to be the top-ranked player from his country just in case. So when the qualifying period began two years ago, he keenly kept an eye on the rankings.I had to add some tournaments in South Africa and Asia, he said. Anything I could get into. I kept going, played more than I wanted to, but I had to get the points up. I kept looking to see what guys are doing. A lot of sacrifices to play more, leaving my family behind. I have to thank my wife, as well, to put up with going away so much.But it is very rewarding to be here today. Its an honor to represent Brazil.Eleven players in the field have never competed in a major championship. To them, the Olympic golf tournament is similar, the vibe and excitement level just like it.The Olympics is a big one, da Silva said. It will bring awareness and cause a bit more interest for the people. It will create some curiosity. And for the kids, as well. China Jerseys Wholesale . Speaking Thursday on TSN 1050 Thursday, the Leafs GM also touched on the questions surrounding the teams leadership and the struggles of his big-name free-agent signing. “Its not from lack of effort from the coaching staff. China Jerseys Cheap . Aduriz headed home Markel Susaetas cross in the sixth minute to open the scoring at San Mames Stadium. He bettered that with a long-range blast that went in off the goal frame in the 18th, and converted a penalty in the 72nd after Diego Mainz was sent off for fouling Aduriz with only the goalkeeper to beat. https://www.chinajerseyscheap.us/ . World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia won the gold medal with 237.71 points, Moore-Towers and Moscovitch followed at 208.45 and Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia were third at 187. Cheap Jerseys From China . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. Fake China Jerseys . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Pro Picks has been keeping company with the dregs of the NFL, and its time that stopped.Coming off the best weekend of football this season, we need to ramp up our game. Well start with what shapes up as a shootout in Charlotte, the Panthers (3-6) hosting the Saints (4-5).Both teams figure they should have won on Sunday, but they fell painfully. Carolina blew a big lead against Kansas City, turned over the ball in the dying moments and was beaten by a Chiefs field goal.Even worse, in what might be the play of the year so far, New Orleans had a late extra point kick blocked and run back by Denver for a defensive 2-point conversion. All those points did was win the game.As fast as we can get on the field, the better, as far as you want another crack at it, says the Saints Drew Brees, who is having another spectacular season. We let that one go. Usually its a 24-hour rule. That one would have to be let go after you woke up Monday morning because the preparation began on Carolina.At least the Panthers didnt also have to deal with traveling for the Thursday nighter.No. 20 New Orleans is a 4+-point underdog at No. 25 Carolina. Thats too many points in what should be a nail-biter.PANTHERS, 31-30KNOCKOUT LEAGUEArizona had to go down to the wire last week. Seems to happen all the time. Maybe GIANTS can provide a breather.No. 3 New England (minus 14) at No. 31 San FranciscoJust what the 49ers need, a bunch of ticked-off Patriots coming to town.BEST BET: PATRIOTS 37-20No. 16 Tennessee (plus 3 1-2) at No. 24 IndianapolisTime for a statement win on the road for Titans.UPSET SPECIAL: TITANS, 33-31No. 29 Chicago (plus 5 1-2) at No. 7 New York GiantsThought about tthis for Best Bet.ddddddddddddGIANTS, 27-13No. 11 Houston (plus 3) vs. No. 5 Oakland at Mexico City, Monday nightConsidered this one for Best Bet, too.RAIDERS, 30-20No. 14 Miami (pick-em) at No. 27 Los AngelesTop overall pick Jared Goff gets his first shot at QB. And first loss.DOLPHINS, 20-13No. 10 Philadelphia (plus 6) at No. 2 SeattleSeahawks hitting their stride, but Eagles will test them.SEAHAWKS, 20-17No. 13 Baltimore (plus 5 1-2) at No. 1 DallasCowboys wins seem inevitable these days.COWBOYS, 28-13No. 18 Pittsburgh (minus 7 1-2) at No. 32 ClevelandBrowns losses are inevitable these days, even though Steelers are struggling.STEELERS, 33-23No. 23 Buffalo (plus 4) at No. 21 (tie) CincinnatiBengals season is at stake; they remain alive in weak AFC North with win.BENGALS, 21-20No. 30 Jacksonville (plus 6) at No. 12 DetroitLions in good shape in another bad North division, the NFC version.LIONS, 34-19No. 17 Arizona (minus 1) at No. 15 MinnesotaCant say same for slumping Vikings, but Cardinals are vulnerable.VIKINGS, 16-14No. 19 Green Bay (plus 2 1-2) at No. 9 WashingtonJust cant pick the Packers right now.REDSKINS, 26-23No. 26 Tampa Bay (plus 7 1-2) at No. 4 Kansas CityChiefs quietly stating case for top AFC spot.CHIEFS, 23-21---Last Week: Against spread (3-10). Straight up: (6-8)Season Totals: Against spread (63-75-6). Straight up: (81-63-2)Best Bet: 5-5 against spread, 6-4 straight up.Upset special: 5-4-1 against spread, 5-5 straight up---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen