Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your e

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 21.10.2019 07:16
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Stitched White Sox Jerseys .ca! Last night I was focused on the Flyers come-from-behind win over the Red Wings on NBCSN but also kept ‘half an eye on the Montreal Canadiens frantic 4-3 shootout win over the New Jersey Devils via NHL Game Center Live on my computer screen. We have a number of questions involving two separate plays from the Canadiens-Devils game and both plays highlight the full concentration and split-second decisions required of a referee as he attempts to make the correct ruling. Obtaining the best sightline in advance is critical to correctly process information to make the right call. The first play in question was when Montreals Max Pacioretty was on a breakaway and had the shaft of his stick break as trailing defender Jon Merrill attempted a wild desperation stick swing at the attacker (Incident can be seen at 1:50 of attached highlights). I ran back in front of the television from my kitchen during an NBC intermission when I heard initial commentary that a stick slash had broken Paciorettys stick on a breakaway. I rounded the corner just in time to catch a glimpse of a replay showing the wild swing by Merrill coincide with the snap of Paciorettys stick shaft. No call resulted on the play and the initial commentary suggested a call was missed. I thought “oh no”, another missed stick slash on breakaway similar to one I viewed last week. Unaware of the time in the game this play had occurred I immediately sent out an S.O.S. via twitter; “Anybody see the broken-stick slash on a breakaway in NJ. Another non-penalty shot call. Guess they dont make sticks like they used to?” In the rush for social media assistance my misplaced question mark (?) logically appeared to some as though I was stating a call had been missed as opposed to seeking guidance. Once I was able to finally view the play it was obvious that Jon Merrills stick clearly missed making contact with both Max Pacioretty and his stick shaft. When Max pressured down on the shaft his stick simply broke. Both referee Rob Martell, who had set up in perfect position to judge the play on the ice, and Ray Ferraro on the TSN broadcast from between the benches made the right call. Both men had the perfect sightline. The other play in question involved a pretty obvious trip/slew-foot by P.K. Subban that took down Patrik Elias just prior to David Desharnais tipping in Brian Giontas shot for the tying goal with just 36.6 seconds remaining (Incident can be seen at 1:33 of attached highlights). What wasnt so obvious on the play was that Elias set an illegal pick in an attempt to lockup up Subban and prevent his forecheck pinch with the Montreal net empty. With 44 seconds remaining Peter Budaj bolted to the bench for an extra attacker. In anticipation of this the trailing referee crossed the ice from his position near the Montreal players bench to appropriately observe the legal five-foot substitution required to replace Budaj. That was all well and good, save the fact that both referees were now on the same side of the ice; opposite to where Elias and Subban contacted one another resulting in two separate infractions. Had the trailing referee been afforded the opportunity to observe this play from his normal position (near blue line on players bench side) I am confident an arm would have been raised for a delayed penalty call once Patrik Elias leaned into Subban and then placed his stick across the midsection of the Habs star defenceman. Interference would have been the delayed call. Play would then quickly have been stopped once Subban, having been blocked by the illegal pick, extended his right skate behind the left leg of Elias and tripped the Devil player to the ice with a sneaky but obvious slew-foot. Coincidental minor penalties would have been assessed and Giontas shot would not have eventually found the back of the net on the Desharnais redirection. Gaining the best sightline is crucial in being able to accurately process information on every play. Sometimes that just isnt possible. As a result of the shootout win Subban and the Montreal Canadiens have to be very pleased this was just one of those times. Wholesale White Sox Jerseys . The Redblacks are taking on the Edmonton Eskimos in their second regular season game Friday night. Catch the game live on TSN as the back end of a doubleheader starting at 10pm et/7pm pt. White Sox Jerseys 2019 . As a follow-up, TSN.ca offers you the opportunity to chime in on all the big issues with our insiders. Read up on all the questions and answers, and put in your own two cents on our popular Your Call feature. https://www.cheapwhitesox.com/ .com) - Edmonton Oilers forward Taylor Hall left Saturdays game against the Senators in the second period with a left knee injury.Chicago, IL - The Chicago White Sox have reportedly solidified the back end of their bullpen by signing closer David Robertson to a four-year contract on Monday. USA Today is reporting that Robertson will make in excess of $40 million over the length of his contract. The Chicago Tribune also reported the club is close to trading for starting right-hander Jeff Samardzija, who pitched to a 2.99 ERA over 33 starts with the Cubs and Athletics last season. White Sox Jerseys China. The Tribune did not reveal what the Sox would send Oakland in the proposed deal. The 29-year-old Robertson is coming off a 2014 campaign where he registered 39 saves and struck out 96 batters over 64 1/3 innings for the New York Yankees. He also compiled a 4-5 record with a 3.08 earned run average. Robertson has gone 25-19 with a 2.81 ERA and 47 saves in 402 appearances over seven seasons with New York. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen