Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

called him one of the better managers Ive been around. Third baseman Todd Frazier said I love him to death, and outfielder Adam

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 20.10.2019 03:43
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

MILWAUKEE -- The Chicago Cubs acquired Mike Montgomery in July with the intention of bolstering their bullpen.An injury prompted him moving into the rotation and in his fourth start with the Cubs on Wednesday night, Montgomery turned in five strong innings, allowing one run and two hits.He didnt factor into the decision as the Cubs lost to the Brewers 2-1, sparked by Jonathan Villars two home runs and a game-saving catch by Keon Broxton in the ninth.(Montgomery) was really good, Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. The hanging changeup to Villar, that was the pitch that hurt us. But good curveball, good changeup, good fastball.Montgomery, acquired from Seattle in a four-player trade, gained a spot in the starting rotation when John Lackey went on the disabled list with a shoulder problem. He remained in the rotation after Lackeys return on Sunday as the Cubs have temporarily opted to go with a six-man rotation.Montgomery faced the minimum number of batters through three innings.I felt a little better than the last couple outings, Montgomery said. I just wanted to go out and attack guys a little better, and get ahead. I made a mistake to Villar, but I felt good about (the outing).Milwaukee, which took two of three in the series, got its first hit when Villar homered leading off the fourth. Villar homered again off Joe Smith (1-1), the sixth Chicago pitcher, leading off the eighth.Corey Knebel (1-2) pitched a scoreless inning in relief to get the win. Tyler Thornburg notched his ninth save in 13 chances.With one out in the ninth, Rizzo hit a drive to deep center. Broxton drifted back and jumped above the wall to make the catch.I knew I hit it well, it just wasnt carrying as much as it was yesterday, Rizzo said. (Broxton) made a nice play.Maddon said he knew that ball would carry to the fence as soon as it was hit.That kid, Broxton, hes so athletic that he was able to go over it, he said.The Cubs loaded the bases with one out in the first against Milwaukee starter Matt Garza, but failed to score.Garza, facing his former team for the second time this season, retired 14 of 15 batters at one point before giving up the solo home run to Rizzo with two outs in the sixth.He made that one mistake to me on the slider but other than that, he really pitched us well, Rizzo said.Garza gave up one run and three hits in six innings.Milwaukee won for just the sixth time in the last 28 games against the Cubs.SLIDING BYRyan Braun tried to stretch a single into a double in the fourth but slid past second base and was called out when Cubs second baseman Ben Zobrist applied the tag.TRAINERS ROOMCubs: Reliever Justin Grimm left the game with an undisclosed illness after facing one batter in the sixth. ... Maddon thought about resting Rizzo but reconsidered. Watching him yesterday, he didnt look tired so I put him back in. I thought the day before (Monday) his bat looked a little bit off, Maddon said. But with the night game after the day game he got some good rest. We have a day off (Thursday) so I chose to play him today.UP NEXTCubs: Jon Lester (15-4, 2.61 ERA) gets the start as Chicago opens a three-game series at Houston on Friday. Lester took a no-hitter into the seventh inning in his last start on Friday against San Francisco and finished with a complete game three-hitter. He will make his second career start against Houston and first since June 2008.Brewers: Junior Guerra (7-3, 2.85 ERA) will take the mound as Milwaukee opens a four-game series at St. Louis on Thursday. Guerra is 0-2 with a 4.50 ERA in two career starts against St. Louis, both coming this season. Nike Tn Requin Pas Cher . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap. Site Air Max Pas Cher Fiable .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a long-term deal. The designation was released Monday after the deadline passed for NFL teams to use franchise or transition tags on players becoming free agents. http://www.airmaxpaschersite.fr/basket-air-max-200-outlet.html .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Air Max 200 Pas Cher Homme . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. Air Max 720 Outlet . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. CHICAGO -- Robin Ventura has decided the success-starved South Siders need a new leader.Ventura announced Sunday that he will not return as the?Chicago White Sox manager next season. He insisted it was his decision and he wasnt pushed out because of a fourth consecutive losing season. Ventura was in the last year of his contract.I enjoy this place. I love this place, a stoic Ventura said after Chicagos season-ending 6-3 loss to the Minnesota Twins. At the end, it probably needs a new voice.The Chicago Sun-Times reported Saturday that bench coach and former?Cubs?manager Rick Renteria will likely take over, but the team did not immediately announce a replacement. White Sox general manager Rick Hahn is scheduled to address reporters Monday.Ventura said he initiated the departure.You just realize right now is the right time to do it, and you need somebody else, Ventura said.Ventura went 375-435 in five seasons with the White Sox. After an 85-77 debut in 2012 that wasnt good enough for the playoffs, Venturas teams regressed.The White Sox finished 78-84 this year, despite a 23-10 start that gave them a six-game lead in the AL Central on May 9. Thanks to injuries, a slumping offense and a shaky bullpen, the White Sox stumbled to a 55-74 mark the rest of the way and a fourth-place finish amid a couple bizarre off-field incidents.Executive vice president Ken Williams, whose future is also uncertain, banned DH Adam LaRoches son from the clubhouse in spring training. LaRoche responded by abruptly retiring, and ace Chris Sale ripped Williams.In July, Sale was suspended five days for cutting up collared throwback jerseys he didnt want to wear for a start. Sale later criticized Ventura for not sticking up for him in his dispute with the marketing staff.You have moments -- I dont know if theyre disagreements -- but there are some terse conversations that you have, Ventura said. Thats just part of being together and part of a lot of competitive people being in a room. That just happens. But at the end of the day, I know they went out and competed. And thats the biggest thing.Sale allowed an inside-the-park home run to the speedy Byron Buxton on the first pitch Sunday. Miguel Sano added a three-run shot in the third as Sale was denied his career-best 18th win after allowing five runs and six hits in five innings.Sale, who finished with a 3.34 ERA and 233 strikeouts, denied that there was any trouble with his manager.What did we have, a couple things that made it in the news? Sale said. That doesnt mean I dont like him or he didnt like me. We always had the same goal, the same vision, the same passion.You get a bunch of guys in the same room, and the testosterone is pumping. This is a competitive game. Sports are competitive. Things happen, but that doesnt change what I think of him personally. Hes as good as they get.The easygoing, friendly Ventura had fans in the clubhouse. Right-hander James Shields called him one of the better managers Ive been around. Third baseman Todd Frazier said I love him to death, and outfielder Adam Eaton praised the 49-year-olds demeanor and communication skills.ddddddddddddHe hasnt had an easy road while hes been here, Ill tell you that much, Eaton said. For me, in the three years Ive been here, you put it on the players. Players havent played up to expectations. Its our fault.Ventura was a fan favorite as a slick-fielding third baseman on Chicagos South Side. The 10th overall pick of the 1988 draft won six Gold Gloves and was a two-time All-Star over a 16-year career spent mostly with the White Sox and Mets.Ventura had no managerial experience and was a surprise hire of then-GM Williams after the 2011 season, following Ozzie Guillens messy exit.The White Sox have tried to contend in recent seasons by bringing in high-profile players such as Adam Dunn, Jeff Samardzija, David Robertson, Melky Cabrera, Eaton, Frazier and LaRoche. But the White Sox didnt improve under Ventura, and the teams recent struggles have coincided with the resurgence of the crosstown Cubs, who have the majors best record and have drawn more than 3 million fans. The White Sox drew fewer than 1.75 million this season.You look throughout sports, not only baseball, when teams that are supposed to do well dont do well, changes are made, catcher Alex Avila said. Not only with coaching staffs and personnel off the field but on the field as well.The White Sox might be turning to a former manager of their rivals. Renteria went 73-89 with the Cubs in 2014, only to be let go after one season, when Joe Maddon became available. The 54-year-old Renteria just finished his first season as bench coach with the White Sox.I think hes got a lot of qualities that Robin has. Maybe a little more vocal, Eaton said. He definitely will get his point across a little more, vocally. Not that he has more passion than Robin or anything like that, but hes a little more upbeat, a little more bouncy. Hes kind of a bundle of baseball joy.Renterias bilingual skills and history of working well with younger players would be strengths for a team potentially heading for a rebuild with many Spanish-speaking players.It would be a little bit more comfortable or make communication easier, but I was good with Robin, Cuban slugger Jose Abreu said through an interpreter. I didnt have any kind of trouble with Robin to communicate.Hahn earlier this season called the team mired in mediocrity and hinted at tearing down the roster, something 80-year-old chairman Jerry Reinsdorf has resisted in the past. Since they won the World Series in 2005, the White Sox have just one playoff appearance, in 2008.Sale, who has a team-friendly contract, could bring in a large haul of prospects. So could fellow lefty Jose Quintana.This is sports. Anything can happen, Sale said. I dont anticipate that happening or necessarily really want that to happen, but it could. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen