Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

bout 30 minutes away from the original venue. The teams bused over to Rice and picked up where they left off after a 2-hour, 3

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 20.10.2019 03:42
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

The lowdown on American archer Mackenzie Brown: She knits, line dances, used to be a competitive swimmer -- backstroke was her specialty -- and shoots arrows while listening to country music to hone her concentration.Then theres this: The 21-year-old from Flint, Texas, may just be the archer to interrupt the dominance of South Korea, the nation that has captured seven of the last eight Olympic gold medals in the womens individual event heading into Rio.Brown certainly has the aim to pull off the feat -- the poise, too.If I go in with the right amount of confidence, Im usually going to do really well, said Brown, whos attempting to become the first U.S. woman to win Olympic gold since Luann Ryon in 1976. Im my biggest competitor when it comes to that.Brown took third at a Rio test event last September at the Sambadrome venue, the iconic stadium designed for the Samba Parade at Carnival. She finished behind winner Choi Misun of South Korea and runner-up Tan Ya-Ting of Taiwan.(The stadium) is really catching to the eye, Brown said. Its going to be a really good venue.Brown will be the lone American woman competing in Rio after teammates Khatuna Lorig and Hye Youn Park narrowly missed making the Olympic squad. Lorig is a big name in archery circles for whats shes accomplished -- she was trying to make her sixth Olympic team -- and for being the one who enhanced the archery skills of actor Jennifer Lawrence for her role as Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games.Im just going to do my best and feel like thats going to earn me a medal, Brown said.She grew up a swimmer before being introduced to archery in middle school. From the start, she was talented -- winning tournaments in divisions above her age.I grew up in deep Texas, where all I heard of was bow hunting. I had this image of the movie `Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Thats what I knew about archery, Brown said. Soon, I found out it was so much more. It was something I definitely have a passion for.Typically, she will train to music in order to work on tuning out distractions. When shes not listening to country stars like Garth Brooks or George Strait, shes jamming to Meghan Trainor.Being able to push that (noise) away and focus on what I need to focus on, it becomes a benefit, explained Brown, whose hobby is knitting and makes garments to protect her equipment while traveling. Im just really looking forward to how things turn out.The archery competition starts Aug. 5. Here are some things to know:INSIDE SCOOPArchery targets are set up 70 meters away -- about three-fourths of an American football field -- and feature 10 rings with different point values and colors. For scoring purposes, remember this: Gold is great. White, not as much, and missing altogether even worse.KOREAN COMMANDThe South Koreans have such a deep archery program that defending mens individual champion Oh Jin-Hyek didnt make the squad. Also missing from the team is visually impaired archer Im Dong-hyun, who helped the country to a bronze medal in the team event at the 2012 London Games. On the womens side, Ki Bo-Bae will defend her gold. The South Korean women have also won every gold in the team event since it was included in 1988.BRAZILIAN HOPETeenager Marcus DAlmeida of Brazil is sometimes referred to as Archerys Neymar, because his quick rise to stardom -- much like the soccer great. DAlmeida will be one of the host countrys top medal contenders. The 18-year-old captured a silver medal at the Nanjing Youth Olympic Games in 2014.AMERICAN MIGHTThe American men have a full team in Brady Ellison, Jake Kaminski and Zach Garrett. Ellison and Kaminski led the U.S. to a silver medal in the team competition at the London Olympics.QUITE AN ACHIEVEMENTZahra Nemati of Iran is scheduled to compete in both the Rio Olympics and Paralympics. The 31-year-old earned a black belt in taekwondo before she injured her spinal cord in an accident in 2004. She took up archery soon after and captured gold at the 2012 London Paralympics in the individual recurve W1/W2. Matt Barnes Jersey . 10 VCU 85-67 on Thursday night at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. The Seminoles (4-0) have scored at least 80 points in each of their games. Tim Wakefield Red Sox Jersey . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division. https://www.cheapredsox.com/941z-j-d-martinez-jersey-red-sox.html .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. Red Sox Jerseys China . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Dwight Evans Red Sox Jersey . Aaron Harrison scored a 22 points for Kentucky (6-1), which has won four in a row following a Nov. 12 loss to current No. 1 Michigan State. Julius Randle overcame a scoreless first half and added his sixth double-double in as many games with 14 points and 10 rebounds. HOUSTON -- Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw said she would do just about anything for junior forward Brianna Turner.That includes playing one of the strangest and longest games in college basketball in what was a homecoming for the Irishs All-America star.In one of the most bizarre scenarios imaginable at a major sporting event, top-ranked Notre Dame and Louisiana-Lafayette switched venues in the middle of their game due to a power outage. Even with the switch in venue and the delay, the Irish were too much for the Ragin Cajuns, winning 91-51 in a game that took nearly four hours to complete Tuesday night.I thought we showed great resilience to battle through all the adversity we had, McGraw said. The longest game in the history of womens basketball.The teams were playing at the Campbell Center in front of roughly 1,000 fans when a power outage caused a long delay in the second quarter. After calling around to local schools, the rest of the contest was played at Rice University, about 30 minutes away from the original venue. The teams bused over to Rice and picked up where they left off after a 2-hour, 35-minute delay. Notre Dame led 38-17 with 2:38 left in the second quarter.We had three options -- play tomorrow, cancel or find a place to play tonight, McGraw said. I think both teams wanted to play the game. We got here, we wanted to finish it, and coming back tomorrow morning to finish it didnt seem as much fun.Rices arena was available as the womens team played Grand Canyon on Tuesday night.The Notre Dame game resumed at 10:11 p.m. with about 30 friends and family in attendance as well as the Rice womens basketball team. The teams had a 10 minute warm-up, skipped halftime, taking just a brief break between the second and third quarters. The final 22 minutes took about 50 minutes to finish, making total game time about an hour and 30 minutes.I think you have to relax a little bit, McGraw said about how Notre Dame stayed focus. The girls were able to unwind in the locker room. They were able to stay upbeat and positive. For them, this is primetime. They are wide awake. It was the coaches I was worried about falling asleep on the bench.Turner, a Houston native, had 16 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Irish.At the Campbell Center, it was very exciting when the lights went out, Turner said. I knew we thought we would be able to play there, but of course, we couldnt. It was so nice of Rice -- they played a game here, too, tonight -- to let us use their facilities and finish our game.ddddddddddddThe game was originally stopped when the lights in the arena shut off and a couple flashes of light could be seen behind loading dock doors in the corner of the arena. Emergency lights came on in the arena soon after. Both teams were sent to the locker rooms with several pops and flashes heard and seen intermittently.Thats why I coach basketball because it is inside, and we dont have no rain delays or weather problems or anything like that, Louisiana-Lafayette coach Garry Brodhead said. I have never been to a game where we had to stop it, wait awhile, move venues, so I never even thought about it.The game was a homecoming for Turner, a junior forward who played high school basketball south of Houston. McGraw had tried to get some of the local schools to play the Irish, but couldnt pull it off, forcing her to play a neutral site game against the Ragin Cajuns.The team had dinner at Turners house Monday night. Turner went to high school at Manvel, which is about 10 miles south of Houston.Manvel High School cheerleaders, dance team and band were in attendance and donned lime green Irish shirts while playing the Notre Dame fight song at the Campbell Center, but they did not make the trip to Rice. Neither did former Irish great Skylar Diggins, who was at the Campbell Center.Marina Mabrey added a career-high 27 points.Jaylyn Gordon had 16 points and Jasmin Thomas added 15 points for Louisiana-Lafayette, which shot 31 percent but forced 21 turnovers.BIG PICTURELouisiana-Lafayette: The Ragin Cajuns stayed with Notre Dame for one quarter, trailing 19-15 after one. The second quarter was not kind for Louisiana-Lafayette, which started the quarter 0 for 9 from the floor and turned the ball over four times.Notre Dame: The Fighting Irish got in a groove and didnt let the delay affect them. Notre Dame hit nine of 12 from the field in the second and was in a rhythm defensively when the lights went out. When play resumed, Notre Dame did not let up. The Fighting Irish did commit seven turnovers in the first quarter, and that allowed the Ragin Cajuns to stay in it.UP NEXTLouisiana-Lafayette: The Ragin Cajuns will play Southeast Missouri State Friday as part of the Lady Eagle Thanksgiving Classic in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.Notre Dame: The Fighting Irish will host TCU on Saturday ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen