Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

-4) turned the ball over four more times and had several costly penalties in a 17-14 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, leaving t

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 12.10.2019 09:30
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Lachlan Scott knew he was a Wanderer when he was told to drop 5kg.The 19-year-old Western Sydney youth team striker was hovering at 80kg in May when coach Tony Popovic handed him his first senior A-League contract.At that point, he knew hed never avoid the clubs infamously gruelling initiation that leaves its subjects hurting and hungry but enviably nimble.Im 77kg now but he wants me to get down to 75kg so Ive still got two more kilos to go, Scott told AAP.If it helps you on the field, its just something you have to sacrifice.If that was a baptism of fire, Scott hardly expected to get so much game time so early into his first season.Kerem Buluts mysterious absence opened the door for the Wollongong-born teen to play four out of 10 matches so far, including a start in this months 4-1 drubbing of Central Coast.As with any youngster thrown into the mix, there have been learning experiences.But just like in training, when he loses the ball and tries to win it back straight away, Scott runs on the notion that Popovic takes most notice of what his players do after theyve made a mistake.His pre-season FFA Cup brace against Wellington ensured his first club goals were out of the way and out of my head once the A-League started.He draws confidence from having come close again last month, when his diving injury-time header deflected off Melbourne Citys Neil Kilkenny for an own-goal that rescued a point for the Wanderers.Guidance from a fellow striker 15 years his senior has also been valuable.When Ive travelled, Ive stayed with Santa (Brendon Santalab) in the rooms and hes been really good, Scott said.He tells me a bit about the defenders and to relax and play my normal game. That makes me feel a lot more comfortable.Having signed a contract extension last month through until 2019, Scotts long-term goal is development and, eventually, regular starts peppered with as many goals as he had scored during his prolific youth team career.In the short term, its pushing for inclusion in the travelling squad to face the Phoenix on Saturday, as the sixth-placed Wanderers attempt to rebound from last weekends 3-0 loss to Melbourne Victory.He knows thats partly dependent on whether Bulut returns to the fray - and later, if Popovic recruits a striker in the January transfer window - but says not playing wont impact on his drive.If Kerem was to come back in and I was to go out, nothing would change, Scott said.Id still be training 100 per cent because I know, if I have a good week training, Ill be back in - thats the way it is with Popa. Fake Hockey Jerseys . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. Hockey Jerseys China . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. https://www.fakehockeyjerseys.com/ . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week. Wholesale Hockey Jerseys . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. Cyber Monday Hockey Jerseys . Louis Cardinals. Victorino is batting sixth and playing right field after missing two games because of back tightness. CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Super Bowl is beginning to seem like a distant memory for the Carolina Panthers.The brash team that celebrated 17 wins last season by posing for pictures while dabbing on the sideline suddenly doesnt have much to celebrate.The defending NFC champions are in danger of not making the postseason coming off a 17-2 season. The Panthers (1-4) turned the ball over four more times and had several costly penalties in a 17-14 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, leaving the three-time defending NFC South champs three games behind the Atlanta Falcons in the division.History suggests the Panthers only have a six percent chance of making the postseason.Since the NFL went to a 12-team playoff format in 1990, only eight of 128 teams that started 1-4 have advanced to the postseason. Houston and Kansas City accomplished that feat last year.All of that doesnt seem to faze the Panthers eternally optimistic coach Ron Rivera.In spite of the fact that some people want to go ahead and give the division to somebody already with 11 games left to play, Rivera said Tuesday. We will wait and see and play them one at a time and thats the way were going to look at it. Were not going to worry about what happened last year. Its a different football team and a different season.Rivera expressed some optimism regarding the status of reigning league MVP Cam Newton, who sat out against the Buccaneers with a concussion.While Newton remains in the leagues concussion protocol, Rivera said the sixth-year quarterback had a good day of workouts on Monday.He worked out with our training staff. He ran. He threw the ball, Rivera said Tuesday. We had one of our young guys with him, and he waas running routes for him.dddddddddddd He lifted.However, Rivera stopped short of saying whether Newton would practice Wednesday or be ready for Sundays game at New Orleans. The Panthers have a bye the following week, so its conceivable they could hold him out to give him two more weeks to rest.My understanding is when they do all that its `How is he the next day? Rivera said. I havent had a chance to visit on that yet.Players had the day off Tuesday.One of the biggest issues for the Panthers this season is turnovers. Theyve committed an NFL-high 14 through five games after turning the ball over only 19 times all of last season. Derek Anderson, who filled in for Newton on Monday night, had three turnovers including a costly fourth quarter interception on a first-and-goal at the Tampa Bay 2.Its been kind of the story of our losses this year -- missed opportunities, self-inflicted wounds and obviously turnovers are big, Panthers tight end Greg Olsen said after the game.Olsen said some of the breaks the Panthers got last year are simply going the other way.What happened the year before has nothing to do with this year, Olsen said. Weve been saying that since the day after the Super Bowl. Thats just the reality of it. Its unfortunate we had to learn it by being 1-4, but thats the way this league goes. Youre not promised anything in this league. No ones going to roll over because of what youve done in the past. Youve got to earn everything and right now were not earning anything.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen