Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

rged a powerful Power Six narrative as a nationally relevant and respected conference, Commissioner Mike Aresco said.A true

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 12.10.2019 09:30
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Elmont, NY (Sports Network) - Last months Kentucky Derby featured 19 3-year- olds, which apparently did no harm to Orb as he came from well off the pace to capture the 139th Run for the Roses at Churchill Downs. However, a large field for Saturdays 145th Belmont Stakes gives pause to Orbs trainer Shug McGaughey. "(The large field is) more concerning than anything else because not all of them in there belong, but they have as much right to run as anybody else, so I do think the race will be pretty spread out," said McGaughey. "He ran with 18 in the Derby." Two weeks after winning the opening leg of racings Triple Crown, Orb failed versus eight rivals in the Preakness Stakes in which Oxbow led the entire way to win the middle jewel of the Triple Crown. Monday at Belmont Park, McGaughey reported that Orb came out of Sundays workout in fine order with the 1 1/2-mile Test of the Champion on the horizon. "He came out of his work good, ate up good, walked this morning, seems to be fine," said McGaughey, who trains the colt for Stuart Janney III and Phipps Stable. Trainer Todd Pletcher had five horses run in this years Kentucky Derby and is seriously considering doing the same for the Belmont. Three horses are definite for Saturdays race: WinStar Farms Revolutionary, Dogwood Stables Palace Malice, and Mike Repoles Overanalyze. Repole could also start the filly Unlimited Budget and lightly raced Midnight Taboo. "I have not yet spoken with Mike Repole, and he will make the final decision," said Pletcher. Trainer Ken McPeek will start Frac Daddy in the Belmont Stakes. "We still believe this is a really, really good horse," noted McPeek about the Magic City Thoroughbred Partners 3-year-old, "but for whatever reason it hasnt happened for him. Sometimes you throw deep and it goes incomplete, but you cant score if you dont throw. (Carter Stewart, the principal partner for Magic City) is the ideal client to throw deep and we won the Travers for him last year (with dead-heat winner Golden Ticket)." Frac Daddy posted a sixth-place finish in the Holy Bull Stakes at Gulfstream Park, a seventh behind Orb in the Florida Derby and was 16th in the Kentucky Derby. "I do believe the horse will run well," McPeek said. "I think the pace in the Belmont will suit him well, too. He drew outside in the Derby and couldnt get position, and I dont think he handled the slop. Hes worked on a dry track a couple times recently and worked freaky good. I think hes got a big shot at it." Rain Monday morning at Belmont Park prevent Vyjack from putting in a workout. Trainer Rudy Rodriguez was in the saddle as the gelding galloped 1 1/2 miles. "He jogged a bit and galloped the wrong way," said Rodriguez who will have Vyjack work Tuesday morning. "He was acting up a little bit and I didnt want him fighting me, so I opened him up a little bit. He seems good." A final decision on Always in a Tiz?s status for the Belmont will come by Tuesday afternoon. Trainer Dominick Schettino and owners Anthony and MaryEllen Bonomo will consult with each other as to starting the colt in the 1 1/2-mile Test of the Champion. Wholesale Nationals Jerseys . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. Ivan Rodriguez Nationals Jersey .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. https://www.cheapnationals.com/357r-anibal-sanchez-jersey-nationals.html . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Kurt Suzuki Nationals Jersey .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. Patrick Corbin Jersey . -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming. Houston coach Tom Herman and his defending American Athletic Conference champion Cougars have moved on from one of the best seasons in the history of the program.The words Peach Bowl are banned from the football facility. All the gear and swag the Cougars brought back from Atlanta after beating Florida State is not allowed to be worn at team gatherings.I havent sensed an ounce of complacency, which is good, Herman said.There is a similar feeling throughout the conference as the American tries to build on a season in which the league set itself apart as the strongest outside the Power Five conferences.Temple, Memphis and Navy all spent time in the AP Top 25 and by the end of the season South Florida was playing as well as any of those teams.The AAC notched 10 wins in 2015 against Power Five conference teams, including Mississippi, Miami, Penn State and Louisville. The Cougars 38-24 victory against Florida State was the highlight, a final statement that helped the American recover from what was otherwise a blah bowl season. The conference heads into 2016 with chests puffed with pride.We have forged a powerful Power Six narrative as a nationally relevant and respected conference, Commissioner Mike Aresco said.A true Power Six is not happening anytime soon, but the realistic goal for the American in 2016 is to again lock up the spot in the New Years Six bowls that goes to the highest-ranked Group of Five conference champion.THE FAVORITESEast: USF coach Willie Taggart was heading toward the hot seat before redirecting the Bulls to seven wins in eight games to end the regular season. The Bulls return the talented threesome of quarterback Quinton Flowers, running back Marlon Mack and receiver Rodney Adams and most of the back seven on defense.Temple, retooling what was the best defense in the conference last year, and Cincinnati figure to push the Bulls. UConn is hoping to improve its offense enough to be a dark horse contender.West: Houston is an overwhelming favorite to repeat. Quarterback Greg Ward Jr., who acccounted for 38 touchdowns last season, returns to lead a potent offense.dddddddddddd The defense will rely on a talented front.Contenders Memphis and Navy are both replacing star quarterbacks. Keep an eye on SMU and Tulsa with their second-year coaches and prolific offenses.TOP PLAYERS- Ward could be a legitimate Heisman contender if he can lead the Cougars into playoff contention with big games in the opener against Oklahoma and a late-season meeting versus Louisville.- QB Dane Evans, Tulsa, passed for 4,332 yards in his first season running coach Philip Montgomerys Baylor offense.- RB Marlon Mack, USF, has led the American in rushing the last two seasons.- DT Foley Fatukasi, UConn, eight sacks last season.- QB Matt Davis, SMU, threw for 2,263 yards and 16 touchdowns and led the Mustangs with 761 yards rushing and 10 scores.NEW FACES- Tulane coach Willie Fritz. The Green Wave lured Fritz away from Georgia Southern. Dont expect a typical triple-option in New Orleans. Fritzs offenses when he was at FBS Sam Houston could air it out.- East Carolina coach Scottie Montgomery. The 38-year-old former Duke offensive coordinator brings an all-business approach to the Pirates.- UCF coach Scott Frost. The former Oregon offensive coordinator takes over a team that went winless last season. This rebuild is likely to take a while.- Memphis coach Mike Norvell. The 34-year-old offensive coordinator from Arizona State has a tough act to follow in Justin Fuente.ON THE HOT SEATNone. Another disappointing season for Tommy Tuberville at Cincinnati could generate some heat. In the AAC, its about retaining the rising-stars the way Houston did with Herman and Temple did with Matt Rhule. How much longer can they keep those guys around?PREDICTIONEASTUSFTempleUConnCincinnatiEast CarolinaUCFWESTHoustonNavyTulsaMemphisSMUTulaneConference champion: USF.---Follow Ralph D. Russo at www.Twitter.com/ralphDrussoAP ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen