Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Duncan, the teams leading rusher this season, ruptured an Achilles tendon during last weeks loss at Georgia Tech .Its a bummer

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 11.10.2019 08:00
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke isnt just losing games these days. Its also losing captains.The Blue Devils named four captains before the season and three of them are out with season-ending injuries. That leaves defensive tackle A.J. Wolf as the only one of those leaders healthy enough to play this week against No. 23 Virginia Tech.Being the last captain standing is definitely not a good feeling, Wolf said Tuesday, but Im going to do my best to hold the torch and keep on going strong for the team.Coach David Cutcliffe said none of the teams in his three-plus-decade coaching career have ever dealt with this many losses to a corps of captains.Ive also never been around resilient young people like this 2016 team, he added. Our leadership is strong, our spirits are strong, and therefore were going to continue to work.And while it might make for a more lonely experience at the pre-game coin toss -- Im a heads guy, Wolf quipped -- and has led to questions about whether the captaincy is cursed, it also underscores why Duke (3-5, 0-4 Atlantic Coast Conference) is in jeopardy of missing the postseason for the first time since 2011.The Blue Devils lost three of four in October to fall into last place in the Coastal Division, and are the only ACC team without a win in league play. It certainly wont be easy to find that victory against the division leading Hokies (6-2, 4-1), who have won two straight to claim the inside track to a berth in the ACC championship game.I dont think anybodys very far ahead of anybody else in this division, Tech coach Justin Fuente said.But the Blue Devils arent just missing leaders. Theyre also missing some of their best players.The preseason selections of quarterback Thomas Sirk, defensive back DeVon Edwards, running back Jela Duncan and Wolf seemed obvious because of their contributions both in leadership roles and on the field.Sirk, who was third in the ACC in total offense last season and led the team in rushing, was the first to go down. He first tore his left Achilles tendon in February, then reinjured it during the preseason . Edwards, whose six career kickoff returns for touchdowns rank third in NCAA Division I history, tore ligaments in his left knee during a win at Notre Dame in September. And Duncan, the teams leading rusher this season, ruptured an Achilles tendon during last weeks loss at Georgia Tech .Its a bummer when you lose not just good leaders but good players, Wolf said. Theyre definitely talented guys, but with that being said, I think it gives opportunities for some other guys to step in.Theyre still leaning on those injured captains for their advice, with Cutcliffe saying Duncan was dispensing advice in the training room earlier Tuesday.These are guys that could just check out, Cutcliffe said. But they dont.The Blue Devils also are looking for more leadership -- and production -- from the players who can play. Some apparent candidates include sophomore linebacker Ben Humphreys, the teams leading tackler, and defensive backs Corbin McCarthy and Breon Borders.Guys dont have to be honorary captains to step up, Wolf said. You can step up in practice, even if youre a young guy. Motivate guys and just make plays out there. So I think some guys are doing that.---AP Sports Writer Hank Kurz Jr. in Blacksburg, Virginia, contributed to this report.---Follow Joedy McCreary at http://twitter.com/joedyap. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/joedy-mccreary---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org Yeezy Online . -- The Magic have their first victory of the new year. Cyber Monday Yeezy . Pierce was ejected in the third quarter of Indianas 103-86 win Monday. George Hill stole a bad pass and was going in for a layup, and Pierce hustled back and appeared to be trying to wrap him up. https://www.fakeyeezywholesaleonline.com/ . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Yeezy Sale . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. Cheap Yeezy . Datsyuk will miss Tuesdays game against New Jersey and could be sidelined longer, while Cleary will likely miss at least the next three games. Its been an injury-plagued season for Datsyuk, who has suited up for just 39 games.​Norwich boss Alex Neil was delighted with his side after they claimed a last-gasp 3-2 win over relegation rivals Newcastle on Saturday. The Canaries saw leads pegged back twice by Aleksandar Mitrovic, but Martin Olsson struck in the 93rd minute to hand his side a vital three points.It was great, Neil told Sky Sports. Theres euphoria after winning that type of game, and I think we deserved it. But well get back on Monday and start preparing for the next one. The character of the players [was excellent]. When youre leading a game that youve controlled the majority of and it ends up being two each, have you got that little bit of extra to dig out what you need? Ultimately we did, and I think that speaks volumes of the squad. Norwich boss Alex Neil was euphoric after late win I said before were up for the fight. We went through a real poor run of results then in the last three games weve put two wins and a draw together. I said four or five weeks ago theres always a team that puts a run together to get out of trouble. Weve made a good start to that but weve got crucial games coming up.The result lifted Norwich four points clear of the drop zone, with six games left to play - although Sunderland (in 18th) and Newcastle (19th) both have a game in hand on them.Neil hopes, however, that the dramatic late win at Carrow Road will help to galvanise his squad during the run-in.It gives us a real shot in the arm and it gives the squad a bit of belief in what were doing, he said. Weve got a really good spirit, were fighting and were ready for the scrap.Its just about us continuing to do what weeve been doing.dddddddddddd Martin Olsson scored a late winner for Norwich in their clash against fellow strugglers Newcastle United Match-winner Olsson, meanwhile, also believed it was a huge victory for his side.It was a big game, he told Sky Sports. We knew we had to work hard for it and Newcastle are a strong team, but in the end we got the three points.We kept saying lets keep going, we knew it wasnt over and we knew wed create something, and thats what we did.We take it one game at a time, but we say were going to work as a team, thats the only way were going to stay up. Also See: Norwich earn dramatic late win Norwich 3-2 Newcastle recap Norwich video Norwich fixtures ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen