Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

e.Minnesotas defense should provide a decent challenge for rookie sensations Ezekiel Elliott, the leagues leading rusher, and

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 07.09.2019 08:19
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

BOSTON -- Its the final day of one of the biggest Dota 2 events in the world. Thousands are in and out of the corridors of the Wang Theatre at the Boch Center in downtown Boston as upsets brew, thanks to a rally behind Greek team Ad Finem. But behind the scenes, Alex Machine Richardson, an esports host and commentator, is doing his best to direct the desk at his first Dota 2 event.Hes new to Dota 2 hosting, but after making a name for himself in Counter-Strike and Call of Duty, Machine would make you think differently. He has the sign of a good esports host -- of which the ability to switch games is extremely important. He says he had a blast hosting in Boston last weekend, despite it being his first outing in Dota 2.I had zero expectations. I had no idea what to expect, he said to ESPN. I didnt know how the talent would receive me, the community, the fans. Myself, I didnt know if Id enjoy the game; I certainly do [now]. Its been really cool, its been wonderful actually.Machine has experienced some of the biggest esports events, which helps counterbalance his lack of experience in Dota 2.I got to experience Call of Duty XP, which is a huge Call of Duty event. I got to experience the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive majors, the pinnacle of Counter-Strike. And now Im sitting here at the Boston Major ... Im living that story, Im telling that story, Im a very fortunate person, Machine said.Throughout his career, and in 2016 specifically, Machine has gained popularity. After working for ESL for the past few years, the British host left to become a freelancer in November, something many of his peers, such as Paul Redeye Chaloner, Anders Blume and Auguste Semmler Massonnat, have done successfully. For many in other fields, freelancing seems like a step down, but for esports hosts and commentators, it allows them to write the story of their career in a more hands-on environment.Ive been a freelancer since November, just over 40 days of freelance, and its already been completely eye-opening, Machine said. Its very fun to be my own boss. I like that people are coming to me directly; thats quite a new feeling to me. I would say Ive enjoyed time at home, but Ive nearly paid four months rent now in London and Ive lived there for six days, so thats not great. But Im traveling the world, talking about games, so what am I complaining about? Its been really good, but Im taking a break after this.His job at the Boston Major wasnt expected by fans of Dota 2. Redeye, for his part, has become one of the most well-known hosts -- running the desk at The International and other recent majors. Machine says his new role was something Valve, Dota 2s developer, made happen.You know if youve played any Valve games, they just like to throw a change and see how its received; Counter-Strike patches and its happened in Dota as well. I think thats what theyre doing here. They wanted to give me a shot. ... And I said, Sure, Ill give it my best shot. And it seems to have gone OK, Machine said.But as he moves into a new game, Machine says hes content with his current slate of games but would never shoot down an opportunity if it presented itself.I have evidently got a set of games that Im personally comfortable with; Dotas becoming one of them where I can feel I can really put on a show in hosting, he said. I dont think Im necessarily looking for another game right now, but I would never turn down or not consider it. I play everything, thats the problem. Im not just a one-gamer.Outside of his hosting ability, Machine and his freelance casting peers recently did stunts for charity at the ESL Pro League finals in October. There, the team of casters -- Semmler, Anders, Machine and James Moses OToole -- did a Movember charity, casually sporting mustaches with crazy donation goals. The experience ended with the group raising over £20,000 in a day. Machine, as a donation goal, got a Brazilian wax.I was the butt of almost all of the jokes of the [Counter-Strike casters] Movember fundraiser, Machine said. We did all of these donation goals and it was brilliant. ... We didnt expect that, hence why I was like Ill get a Brazilian wax. It still hurts. Todd Gurley II Rams Jersey .J. -- Seven games into a disappointing season, New York Giants defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is getting the feeling hes back. Bobby Evans Youth Jersey . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. http://www.laramsfootballshops.com/greg-gaines-jersey/ . After Martin Skrtel put the Reds in front from close range at Stamford Bridge after only four minutes, Hazard hit back in the 17th with a superb strike. Etoo gave Jose Mourinhos team a decisive lead from Oscars back pass in the 34th. Cory Littleton Jersey . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. Kurt Warner Rams Jersey . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. Heres a measure of just how good things are going in Big D. One team can clinch a playoff berth this weekend: the Cowboys.Dallas visits Minnesota on Thursday night. With a victory and either a loss by Washington or a loss/tie by Tampa Bay gets the Cowboys into the postseason parade.Minnesotas defense should provide a decent challenge for rookie sensations Ezekiel Elliott, the leagues leading rusher, and quarterback Dak Prescott. If the Vikings can get some sort of penetration through the best offensive line in football, they could have a chance.But they must steer clear of falling behind against Dallas, something most Cowboys opponents havent avoided.The Cowboys are ranked atop the AP Pro32 as they go for an 11th straight win since their opening loss to the Giants, who they take on next week.Minnesota (No. 14 (tie), AP Pro32) has fallen on hard times since being the leagues last unbeaten team at 5-0 and now is 6-5 -- and a 3-point underdog at home.Dallas takes the first step toward that playoff clinching.COWBOYS, 24-16KNOCKOUT LEAGUE TIP: Havent liked anything weve seen lately from Houston, so put on those Cheeseheads and take GREEN BAY.No. 9 (tie) Detroit (plus 4 1-2) at No. 22 New OrleansA somewhat unusual selection for Pro Picks Best Bet, but Lions should cover, Saints should win. So ...BEST BET: SAINTS, 31-29No. 9 (tie) Washington (plus 3) at No. 25 ArizonaRedskins get the proper amount of rest -- and then some -- this time.UPSET SPECIAL: REDSKINS, 26-21No. 14 (tie) Tampa Bay (plus 3 1-2) at No. 21 San DiegoFar more interesting matchup than it appeared three weeks ago.CHARGERS, 28-27No. 23 Indianapolis (minus-1) at No. 28 New York JetsFar less inteeresting matchup than ESPN hoped.ddddddddddddJETS, 24-22No. 24 Carolina (plus 6 1-2) at No. 5 SeattleA bit less interesting matchup than NBC hoped when schedule came out.SEAHAWKS, 23-20No. 16 Buffalo (plus 3) at No. 3 OaklandRaiders showed lots of grit last week, might need it again.RAIDERS, 23-17No. 6 Denver (minus 4) at No. 30 JacksonvilleTough spot for Broncos after that war with Chiefs? Probably not.BRONCOS, 20-10No. 4 Kansas City (plus 4) at No. 8 AtlantaTough spot for Chiefs after that war with Broncos? For sure.FALCONS, 26-16No. 18 Houston (plus 3 1-2) at No. 19 Green BayTexans seem as if they are chasing Titans despite leading AFC South.PACKERS, 24-16No. 27 Los Angeles (plus 13) at No. 2 New EnglandPatriots havent been real force in past month. That changes here.PATRIOTS, 33-13No. 20 Philadelphia (pick-em) at No. 26 CincinnatiBoth teams can look to 2017 now.EAGLES, 19-17No. 11 Miami (plus 3 1-2) at No. 13 BaltimoreBy far the most perplexing game this week.RAVENS, 16-14No. 7 New York Giants (plus 6) at No. 12 Pittsburgh2004 first-round QBs and Super Bowl winners Eli vs. Ben. Giants winning string ends here.STEELERS, 27-24No. 31 San Francisco (plus 4) at No. 29 ChicagoWont get many worse matchups than this one.49ERS, 14-13---Last Week: Against spread (10-6). Straight up: (11-5)Season Totals: Against spread (84-84-6). Straight up: (103-71-2)Best Bet: 6-6 against spread, 8-4 straight up.Upset special: 5-6-1 against spread, 5-7 straight up---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen