Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ia, Vishesh Bhriguvanshi stole the limelight, scoring 22 points, while Amritpal Singh scored 20 with 13 rebounds and Rikin Petha

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 06.09.2019 07:03
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

The Indian mens basketball team upstaged Chinese Taipei 80-68 in the final classification match to finish seventh in the FIBA Asia Challenge 2016 in Tehran on Sunday.For India, Vishesh Bhriguvanshi stole the limelight, scoring 22 points, while Amritpal Singh scored 20 with 13 rebounds and Rikin Pethani scored 17 points with 9 rebounds. Yu-An Chiang was the top scorer for Chinese Taipei with 16 points.India had also upset China and Philippines earlier on in this competition. Considering the higher number of teams this time around, this is Indias best ever performance at the Asian level in 27 years, since they finished sixth at the 1989 FIBA Asia Championship.?Chinese Taipei took the early initiative in the match and surged ahead 22-15 in the first quarter. The Indians, however, came back strongly and in the second quarter took a slender one-point lead at 33-32.In the second half, two of Indias Big Three - centre Amritpal and shooting guard Vishesh Bhriguvanshi - started to take over. A powerful dunk by Amritpal midway through the third got India a slender three-point lead, before Taipei made another push of their own to lead 50-46.The momentum swung back Indias way late in the period thanks to six unanswered points, which included a two pointer by ?Talwinderjit Sahi with just eight seconds left.India had now outscored Taipei in back to back quarters and led 52-50 heading into the final 10 minutes. It set the ball rolling for the Indians in the fourth and final quarter as they completely dominated the period with a 28-18 scoreline to seal the contest.?The margin of the 80-68 victory is especially significant considering that Taipei had beaten India by 24 points (90-66) earlier on in the preliminary group B. Prior to that, India had lost to Taipei by six points during the 38th William Jones Cup International Basketball Tournament in July. Charles Woodson Jersey .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. Marcus Allen Womens Jersey . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. http://www.footballraidersmall.com/Youth-Tim-Brown-Elite-Jersey/ .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. Trayvon Mullen Youth Jersey . -- The Portland Timbers and Real Salt Lake played to a 0-0 tie Saturday night that left the top of the Western Conference standings unchanged. Antonio Brown Jersey . The 19-year-old Olsen played 34 games with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL this season. In that time, hes recorded 17 goals and 17 assists with 36 penalty minutes. CHICAGO -- Seattle manager Scott Servais liked what he saw from starting pitcher Taijuan Walker. Hes still waiting for his offense to break out.Walker allowed four runs in 7 1/3 innings as the Mariners lost 4-1 to the Chicago White Sox on Sunday. Seattle totaled seven runs in the final three games of the series.Servais said before the game hed like to see the offense get going and consistently score five or more runs.Youve got to get hits with runners in scoring position, Servais said. Our pitching was really good today. I cant say enough about Taijuan.Walker (4-9) has allowed eight runs in 13 innings over his last two starts since returning from a demotion to Triple-A Tacoma. He is 2-7 since he went 2-0 with a 1.44 ERA in April.He threw the ball outstanding, really good effort, good stuff, Servais said. He was really on top of his game, about as good as weve seen him since early in the year.Carlos Rodon pitched into the seventh inning, Justin Morneau had a two-run single and Melky Cabrera drove in a run and scored twice to lead the White Sox, who took three of four against the Mariners.Jose Abreu also drove in a run for Chicago, which has won six of eight.Robinson Cano hit a solo homer, his 30th, and Kyle Seager had three hits for the Mariners, who are three games back in the wild-card race.You want to be there as a hitter, but the situation were in right now, it doesnt matter how good I do or how good I played in the game, if we wouldnt win, Cano said.Rodon (5-8) allowed the run and five hits in six-plus innings before giving way to the bullpen. Rodon is 3-0 with a 1.47 ERA in his last five starts.Carlos has really evolved, White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. As he goes along, he just seems to be getting better. Theres more confidence there and hes learned a lot about himself as well.David Robertson got the last three outs for his 333rd save in 39 chances.dddddddddddd.Chicago center fielder Adam Eaton left the game due to a bruised forearm in the fifth -- an inning after being hit by a pitch. X-rays were negative and he is listed as day-to-day.Walker was perfect through three innings, but then started the fourth by hitting Eaton. One out later, Cabrera doubled to put runners on second and third. Abreu was hit by a pitch to load the bases and Morneau followed with a single to left for a 2-0 lead.I really didnt feel like (I had) my best fastball today, Walker said.He hit three batters.When you throw in, its going to happen, Walker said. You kind of have to make them uncomfortable too at the same time. Obviously (Im) not trying to hit a batter, but trying to get it in there to get them off the plate, get them off the fastball.Chicago added a two runs in the eighth on an RBI triple by Cabrera and a sacrifice fly by Abreu.BIG NUMBERCano has reached 30 home runs for the second time in his career. He hit 33 in 2009.Hes had a phenomenal year, really from the get-go, from the opening series of the season all the way through, Servais said.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: 3B Seager (bruised right foot) was in the lineup for a second straight day after missing the previous three games. He looked fine, Servais said. Is he 100 percent? Probably not.UP NEXTMariners: RHP Hisashi Iwakuma (14-9, 3.81 ERA), whos gone at least seven innings in 12 of his 26 starts, faces RHP Yu Darvish (4-3, 2.91) Monday in the opener of a three-games series at Texas.White Sox: RHP James Shields (5-16, 5.98 ERA) looks to rebound Monday in the opener of a three-game series at Detroit after going 0-4 with a 13.95 ERA in his last five starts. LHP Matt Boyd (5-2, 3.98) goes for the Tigers. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen