Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

s, in part because of early foul trouble for starters Dinos Mitoglou and John Collins. Still, the team got solid showings from p

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 04.09.2019 10:42
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

CHARLESTON, S.C. -- It was turkey time at the Charleston Classic for Wake Forest ??? and not just because its November.Demon Deacons coach Danny Manning said assistant coach Randolph Childress challenged their players to get three defensive stops in a row. We called it a turkey, Manning said.Wake Forest picked up several turkeys Sunday night in a 78-61 victory over College of Charleston to finish third in the eight-team tournament.Manning said he wanted his players focused on defense and Childress found a catchy way to do that. We had three turkeys in the first half, Manning said. Not sure how many we had in the second half, but the guys kind of rallied around that. I think were going to try and use that all year long.Especially if it leads to more defensive efforts like Wake Forest (4-1) had in beating the Cougars (3-2).The Deacons held Charleston to 33.3 percent shooting overall and 27.8 percent on threes. They had five blocks and out-rebounded their opponents 36-30 in finishing 2-1 at TD Arena.Bryant Crawford scored 12 of his 17 points in the second half and John Collins added 15 points for Wake Forest.The Demon Deacons took control against the home-standing Cougars with a 15-6 run over the final six minutes of the opening half. They kept the pressure up after the break as Crawford had a 3-pointer and a three-point play to build a 62-42 lead midway through the period.College of Charleston (3-2) sliced that margin in half with 10 straight points, but could get no closer to lose for a second straight game.The shots were just falling, Crawford said. Coach gets on me a lot about missing layups, but today I made them.Crawford ended 7 of 12 from the field and had two of Wakes eight 3-pointers.Joe Chealey led Charleston with 19 points.Wake Forest closed an up-and-down event on a high note. It opened by hitting the 100-point mark for the first time eight years with a 103-81 victory over UTEP, then fell 96-77 to No. 3 Villanova despite shooting 50 percent from the field.This time, the Deacons mostly clicked throughout against the pesky Cougars. They finished over 50 percent (28 of 54) from the field, the fourth time in five games with such a high percentage.BIG PICTUREWake Forest: The Demon Deacons have a large group of athletic young players like sophomores Bryant Crawford, Keyshawn Woods and John Collins and freshman Brandon Childress who all saw extensive action at the Charleston Classic -- minutes that will serve them well once Atlantic Coast Conference play starts in five weeks or so. The 6-foot-10 Collins has led the Demon Deacons in four of five games this season, including all three at TD Arena this week.College of Charleston: The Cougars have to find their scoring touch if they hope to make a run in the Colonial Athletic Association this winter. Charleston shot less than 29 percent in a loss to UCF on Friday night and was struggling to make shots once more against Wake Forest.LOTS OF DEACONSWake Forest coach Danny Manning used 11 players, in part because of early foul trouble for starters Dinos Mitoglou and John Collins. Still, the team got solid showings from players not typically in the rotation. I really like our balance, Manning said. For us to get a win with John only playing 14 minutes and Dinos only 17, I think that speaks volumes to the balance we have on our team.COLD CHARLESTONCollege of Charleston struggled with its shooting throughout the tournament, something the Cougars know must improve in a hurry. Its early, Charleston guard Joe Chealey said. Its only the first five games of the season. Weve got to trust the process.UP NEXTWake Forest returns home to play Coastal Carolina on Wednesday night.College of Charleston travels to No. 3 Villanova on Wednesday night.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org Clay Matthews Jersey .4 million title. Ryan Riess emerged with the title after a session in which he started behind, but used expert skill to gather the chips to his side amid the unpredictability of no-limit Texas Hold em. Riess put his final opponent Jay Farber all-in with an Ace-King. Reggie White Womens Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.shoptheofficialpackers.com/Elite-Jaire-Alexander-Packers-Jersey/ . Coach Mike Munchak says Fokou stretched ligaments in his left knee Oct. 13 against Seattle, which could keep out up to five weeks even though the linebacker didnt need surgery. Clay Matthews Youth Jersey . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. Jace Sternberger Jersey . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rookies.Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew has backed Emmanuel Adebayor and Connor Wickham to cause problems for Arsenal in Sundays Premier League clash. West Ham striker Andy Carroll scored a seven-minute hat-trick in the 3-3 draw with the Gunners last weekend and Pardew believes his target men can cause similar problems for Arsene Wengers defence.Players of that size, power and pace can terrorise defences, said Pardew, who will be unable to call upon the injured Dwight Gayle this weekend. Thats what we want Connor and Ade to do for us. Connors had some terrific games for us but just not enough of them. Palace boss Alan Pardew shows his frustrations on the touchline Weve really missed his presence at times. We took Adebayor in the last window because we were struggling to get Connor on the pitch.And Ade played well against Everton when he came on, so now Connors got competition, hes got to stay fit.Pardew managed Carroll at Newcastle and echoed West Ham boss Slaven Bilics recent comments that target men must work hard to stay in peak condition. Ed Chamberlin and Jamie Redknapp look ahead to Super Sunday I had Andy Carroll and I heard Slaven saying last week that the big guys, they need to really focus on looking after themselves, added Pardew.ddddddddddddhey are both heavy and aggressive players, who are quick, and that does make them more prone to injuries than most players.So they need to protect themselves in training sometimes and certainly protect themselves when they get injured, and look after themselves.We are educating Conor on that front. Its been stop-start with injuries for Connor and he hasnt had a run at it. Pardew reacts to Palaces goalless draw with Everton Weve been pleased with his progress and next year if we can stop this run of injuries he gets we can have a good player on our hands.Palace are unbeaten in their last three matches and lie 11 points clear of the relegation zone going into the weekend, although they have played a game more than Sunderland and Newcastle, who occupy the final two relegation places.Watch Arsenal v Crystal Palace on Super Sunday. Coverage begins on Sky Sports 1 HD at 3:30pm, after Leicester v West Ham. Also See: Dann wants to build momentum Palace held by 10-man Everton Gayle agrees new Palace deal Crystal Palace fixtures ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen