Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

The Miami Dolphins are off to a pe

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 04.09.2019 04:57
von panxing18 • 206 Beiträge

rfect start Josh Sitton Jersey , which they know guarantees nothing.Before now, the most recent season where the Dolphins started 2-0 ended up with them missing the playoffs. And the last time they started 0-2, they actually went to the postseason.So starting with two wins ?one of only seven NFL teams to do that this season, plus sitting alone atop the AFC East for good measure ?obviously beats any alternative fate at this point in the season, though Dolphins coach Adam Gase wasn't exactly spending time figuring out how to distribute playoff tickets on Monday."I've been 6-0 and not made the playoffs," Gase said. "It doesn't matter."Gase was an assistant coach with the 2009 Denver Broncos, who rolled into their bye week 6-0, winning by an average of 11.1 points per game. They came back from the bye and lost eight of their final 10 games.Lesson learned.The Dolphins were last 2-0 in 2013, actually winning their first three that year before sputtering to an 8-8 finish. Gase's first season in Miami was 2016, those Dolphins started 0-2 and 1-4 Daniel Kilgore Jersey , and made the playoffs regardless."You've got to play every week, you've got to reset it every week, you've got to work to get better, try not to be a team that's up and down, try to be consistent," Gase said. "You're going to lose games in this league. That's why there's only been one undefeated team that's ever won it all and another undefeated team didn't win the last game 鈥?so nobody really cares."To be clear, he wasn't drawing any parallel to the 1972 perfect Dolphins or the 2007 New England Patriots team that went 16-0 in the regular season and wound up losing the Super Bowl to the New York Giants.Gase knows this team has to get better, with much to clean up before playing host to the Oakland Raiders (0-2) on Sunday. And although he insi1sts that what's said outside the Dolphins' facility doesn't matter, some players are finding a bit of satisfaction knowing that Miami might already been exceeding the gloom-and-doom expectations they heard about coming into the year."Yeah, we're proving some guys wrong Albert Wilson Jersey ," Dolphins receiver Jakeem Grant said. "But at the end of the day, we're playing for each other. We're here, we have a higher standard and we feel like we have to be devoted to those standards 鈥?push, push, push in every practice. Great practices lead to great games. Some people saying we'll have a negative record, it's motivating, like, 'OK, we'll see.'"It's the second time that all three of Florida's NFL teams 鈥?Miami, Jacksonville and Tampa Bay 鈥?have all started 2-0. The other was in 1997.Gase shrugged off any talk of how the Dolphins are ahead of division rivals New England Robert Quinn Jersey , Buffalo and the New York Jets 鈥?the team Miami beat 20-12 on Sunday. He raved about quarterback Ryan Tannehill's accuracy through two games, the third-and-19 catch by running back Frank Gore that sealed Sunday's win, or the multi-layered effort that the Dolphins' defense made to keep the Jets out of the end zone on the final play of the first half.To him, that's what matters.Hearing about having a one-game lead in the AFC East with 14 left to play only was worthy of an eye roll."If you ask half these guys, they probably don't even know," Gase said. "They don't care. I mean, it doesn't mean anything. The division stuff right now is so irrelevant. ... No one cares what you're doing right now. When it's December and it's really coming down to the end, half the time you don't even care then. You're just playing games and trying to win them all." MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP)The Miami Dolphins punctuated a disappointing season of undisciplined play with a fight and three ejections Sunday. The meltdown led by excitable receiver Jarvis Landry came in the final minutes of a 22-16 loss to the Buffalo Bills. Landry, running back Kenyan Drake and offensive lineman Jake Brendel were disqualified. Landry was cited for disrespecting an official Vincent Taylor Jersey , and Drake for throwing his helmet 20 yards in anger. The fight occurred after Landry caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from David Fales to cut Miami’s deficit to 22-9. Landry then butted helmets with safety Jordan Poyer to start the scuffle. ”Despite the whistle, he put his hands around my neck,” Landry said. ”The whistle had been blown. He put his hand inside my face mask. I defended myself. I guess the second person always gets caught.” The chaos was compounded when the officials briefly misidentified at least one culprit and announced that Bills guard Richie Incognito – not in the game at the time – was among those disqualified. ”For sitting on the bench?” Incognito said with a laugh. ”I’ve been accused of a lot of things. It always seems like in Miami I get accused of some crazy stuff.” Incognito was part of the Dolphins’ 2013 bullying scandal. Landry said he didn’t disrespect an official, but acknowledged the ejections hurt Miami’s comeback bid. ”I put my teammates in a bad spot,” he said. ”We all are scratching and fighting, and I think that’s what started it.” Drake was crying as he left the field. The disqualifications could lead to suspensions to begin next season. Miami, which came into the game with the second-most penalties in the NFL, totaled 14 for 145 yards. ”It’s something that we’re going to have to figure out,” coach Adam Gase said. ”It’s strange, because that’s not an issue we had in training camp.” Landry has a history of losing his composure. During a loss at Kansas City a week ago he engaged in a brief sideline shouting match with Gase. Landry’s contract expires after this season Jakeem Grant Jersey , and his temperament raises doubts whether the Dolphins want him back next season, even though he led the NFL with a franchise-record 112 catches. Both teams drew unsportsmanlike conduct penalties as a result of the fight. ”I don’t like to see that on either side,” said Bills coach Sean McDermott, whose team made the playoffs for the first time since 1999. ”Officials have a tough job when those things go on, just to identify what exactly went on. I believe in discipline. In order to win, you have to play disciplined football. I’ll just leave it at that.” —

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen