Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

d its been two weeks long," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "We cant sit here and try to make something positive out of it." Fo

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 03.09.2019 07:20
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS -- Mike Matheny is still waiting for rookie left-hander John Gast to show some emotion. "Hes the same all the time ... he never smiles," the St. Louis manager said. "Real even keel." Gast used that business-like approach to pick up a win in his major league debut Tuesday night. Carlos Beltran drove in four runs and Gast threw six solid innings, helping the Cardinals cruise past the New York Mets 10-4. Gast (1-0) tossed five shutout innings before giving up four runs in the sixth. He surrendered six hits, struck out three and walked one in a 71-pitch effort to help the Cardinals win for the fifth time in six games and 11th in their last 13. "I was excited, ready to go," Gast said. "There was some excitement. I was able to refocus the adrenaline to make my pitches." Matheny was pleased with the poise of the 24-year-old, who held the Mets scoreless on three hits and 50 pitches through the first five innings. "He was fine on the corners," Matheny said. "You could tell he was working the bottom of the zone. Once he started going, he was making some really good pitches." Beltran slammed a three-run homer in the fifth inning, his team-high tenth, to give St. Louis a 9-0 lead. He also added a run-scoring hit in the third. "It was a fastball in the middle of the zone," Beltran said of the 437-foot blast that landed in Big Mac Land. "I was able to stay inside and hit it good." The veteran outfielder was also impressed with Gast. "It was fun to see," Beltran said. "That just shows the depth of our minor league system. They have a lot of guys like that who can come in and do the job." New York right-hander Dillon Gee (2-5) gave up six runs, five earned, in four innings for the Mets, who lost their fifth straight despite scoring more than three runs for the first time in eight games. Gee has allowed four earned runs or more in five of eight starts this season. "I dont know what to say, I didnt feel all that bad tonight," Gee said. "Im a ground ball guy and I think seven ground balls got through. I dont know what else to do." Marlon Byrd hit a two-run homer in the sixth as New York also lost for the 11th time in its last 14 games at Busch Stadium. Gast began the season with 32 consecutive scoreless innings for Triple-A Memphis. He was called up in part to fill the rotation spot of Jake Westbrook, who is on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow inflammation. Jon Jay also homered for St. Louis, a solo shot in the sixth, his fourth of the year. Beltran went 3 for 5. "Its fun, were playing good baseball," Beltran said. "Were getting good starting pitching and the offence is doing enough to win ballgames." St. Louis scored three times in both the first and third innings to take a 6-0 lead. Allen Craig capped off the early uprising with a two-run single. Matt Holliday doubled in Matt Carpenter for the first run. The first four St. Louis hitters reached safely and the Cardinals scored three times on Gees first 11 pitches. Pete Kozma and Carpenter added run-scoring singles in the third. Carpenter reached safely four times. The Mets five-game skid is their longest since losing six in a row April 25-30. "Weve gone through a bad streak and its been two weeks long," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "We cant sit here and try to make something positive out of it." Former St. Louis pitcher/outfielder Rick Ankiel, who was signed by the Mets on Monday, grounded out as a pinch-hitter in the seventh. Ankiel received a warm ovation from the crowd. NOTES: St. Louis rookie Shelby Miller (5-2, 1.88 ERA) will face Shaun Marcum (0-3, 8.59) in the third game of the four-game set tomorrow. Miller retired 27 successive batters after giving up a leadoff hit to Eric Young in a 3-0 win over Colorado on Friday. ... New York C John Buck broke out of a 2-for-27 slump with a single in the sixth. ... Ankiel is getting paid at a pro-rated share of the major league minimum $490,000 from the Mets, which comes to $382,896, and that amount is off-set against the $775,000 he was guaranteed under the deal he was released from by the Astros. He can earn an additional $775,000 in performance bonuses from the Mets based on plate appearances. Fake Air Force 1 For Sale . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. Air Force 1 White Wholesale . JOHNS, N. http://www.airforce1shoesireland.com/nike-roshe-one-wholesale-ireland.html . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. Nike Blazer Ireland . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Air Force 1 Cheap Near Me . Emery skated the length of the ice and fought an unwilling Holtby during the third period of the Flyers 7-0 loss Friday night in Philadelphia. He was given 29 penalty minutes, including a game misconduct. But Emery did not face even a disciplinary hearing with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan because rules 46. Bob Bradley knew turning around Swansea City was not going to happen overnight. But the task he faces in avoiding the drop is definitely daunting as he goes into his first home match at Liberty Stadium on Saturday against Watford.Lost amid his trailblazing moment of becoming the first American manager in the Premier League is that Bradley and the Swans (1-1-6) are facing arguably their greatest relegation threat since their initial promotion to the Premier League in 2011. Swansea are ahead of only Sunderland, and while there was signs of promise in last weekends 3-2 defeat at Arsenal, Bradley isnt blind to the challenges he faces and has called upon the players to find their inner professional pride.With all the things that go on in the lives of footballers, sometimes you have to be reminded of what a club was all about before you arrived on the scene, he said at his Thursday news conference. It is worth remembering that it didnt all start when you pulled the Swansea City Football Club jersey on for the first time.I want to make sure the players understand the responsibility of wearing that jersey. You have to understand the people who are going to live and die by every kick of the ball in every match. You have to understand that the fans want to see something they are proud of, and of course, at the same time you have to get results.The comments come with the backdrop of skepticism among the Swansea faithful -- the decision to tab Bradley and part ways with predecessor Francesco Guidolin was met with some backlash from the teams Supporters Trust, which claimed it had no input on either decision. To that end, Bradley realizes his side needs the backing of its passionate Welsh fans.Home form is vital. We have got to take points at home, the manager said. We have got to feel the power and the pride of the home supporters and we have to give them something back in return.We need to make our loyal supporters see the football and the results they want to see.The schedule, though, has done Bradley and the Swans no favours as they try to stop the rot of a four-match losing streak. They are facing a team in the top half of the table for the fifth straight matchday and seeking their first win at Liberty Stadium, where they are 0-1-3 and have yielded nine goals.If there is a bright spoot for Bradley its that Spanish signing Borja Baston netted his first goal since arriving from Eibar in the offseason.dddddddddddd The teams record signing hopes its a sign of good things to come as he fights for a spot in Bradleys starting XI.Its good for a strikers confidence to get their first goal as soon as possible -- now I hope its the first of many goals for the club. Hopefully I have done enough to impress the manager and sh

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen