Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

oing to hit. I felt fine. I know the first inning I threw a lot of pitches which got my pitch count up, but after that I think I

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 01.09.2019 04:14
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Patrick Corbin is finding ways to pile up victories without his best stuff. Corbin became the major leagues first nine-game winner, labouring through six inning Sunday in the Arizona Diamondbacks 8-4 win over the Chicago Cubs. Corbin (9-0) allowed four runs and six hits, tying the team record for consecutive wins at the start of the season, set by Brandon Webb in 2008. The Diamondbacks are 11-0 in his starts. "Actually the whole game he didnt have good stuff. His slider wasnt there, his fastball was cutting and we used his changeup more today. But he kept us in the game," said catcher Wil Nieves. For the second straight start Corbin gave up at least four runs after not allowing more than two runs in his previous nine starts. He hit two batters and walked two in a 33-pitch first inning, when he walked Dioner Navarro with the bases loaded. Corbin minimized the damaged by retiring Cody Ransom on an inning-ending flyout to the warning track in centre. "We had a chance that one inning (first) to bust it open, but without the wind blowing in, Ransom probably could have been a grand slam and things change," said Cubs manager Dale Sveum. Brad Ziegler, David Hernandez and Heath Bell combined for hitless relief to secure the win for Corbin. "I think I was just rushing with my delivery a little bit, cutting off my fastballs and wasnt really locating too well. That was basically it," Corbin said. Edwin Jackson (1-8) gave up seven runs -- five earned -- a season-high 12 hits, three walks and four wild pitches in 5 2-3 innings. Nieves had three hits and two RBIs for Arizona. Scott Hairston hit his 100th career homer as the Cubs lost their second straight after a season-high five-game winning steak. Arizona loaded the bases in the second when, with two men on, centre fielder Julio Borbon took his eyes off of Corbins routine fly ball to centre and dropped the ball for an error. Gerardo Parra followed with a two-run single, and Jacksons wild pitch allowed Corbin to score for a 3-1 lead. Jacksons RBI single cut the deficit in the fourth, but Nieves two-out RBI single boosted the lead to 4-2 in the fifth. Hairstons fifth homer this season, a two-run drive, tied the score in the bottom half. Corbin stayed in just long enough to get the win. "I thought I would go out back out to pitch in the sixth. I was going out there like I was going to hit. I felt fine. I know the first inning I threw a lot of pitches which got my pitch count up, but after that I think I settled in a little bit," said Corbin. "Im just glad the sixth inning I was able to get out of it and keep the relievers out of that inning." Jackson allowed three straight singles with two outs in the sixth, when Paul Goldschmidt drove in the go-ahead run. After an intentional walk to Jason Kubel loaded the bases, Cody Ross lined a two-run single for a 7-4 lead. "On a day our team did a great job of coming back. They did a great job of battling against one of the best pitchers in the game right now and I did a terrible job of holding that game close enough for us to come back and win it after two quick outs in the sixth inning," said Jackson. Struggling Cubs reliever Carlos Marmol, who was booed, allowed three walks and an RBI single to Nieves in the eighth. NOTES: Cubs pitcher Jeff Samardzija accused Diamondbacks third base coach Matt Williams of staring him down Saturday night. Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson was irked. "He didnt get the win did he?" Gibson said. "Maybe next time he should just shut ... up and pitch." ... Marmol has walked six in his last 1 1-3 innings. ... Goldschmidt finished with two hits and three runs. Ryan Miller Jersey . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English football. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. Teemu Selanne Jersey .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. http://www.authenticduckspro.com/Korbinian-holzer-ducks-jersey/ . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. Carter Rowney Jersey . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. Jean-Sebastien Giguere Jersey . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- DeWayne Russell scored 28 points and added eight assists and Grand Canyon hung on to beat Albany 82-77 on Saturday night.The game was the opening round of the Hall of Fame Tip Off Tournament at the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut.Russell finished 10 of 17 from the field. Joshua Braun and Oscar Frayer each added 12 points for Grand Canyon (1-2), with Braun also pulling down seven rebounds.Grand Canyon put together a 13-4 run to build an eight-point lead which they pushed too 44-33 at the break.ddddddddddddBack-to-back layups by Russell and Shaq Carr gave the Antelopes their largest lead at 70-55 with 7:42 left.But Albany battled back late, cutting its deficit to 76-74 with 1:33 to go after a Joe Cremo free throw. However a Braun 3 two possessions later iced it.Cremo led Albany with 24 points. David Nichols added 23 for the Great Danes (2-2). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen