Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Seven retired NFL players are objecting to a proposed settlement of concussion claims, calling it a "lousy deal" for ex-players

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 30.08.2019 11:08
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

Seven retired NFL players are objecting to a proposed settlement of concussion claims, calling it a "lousy deal" for ex-players whose symptoms dont qualify them for compensation. Nike Air Force Παιδικα . The players lawyers filed a motion in federal court in Philadelphia on Wednesday urging a judge to reject the settlement between the NFL and as many as 20,000 retired players. The settlement provides up to $5 million each for retired players who develop Lou Gehrigs disease, dementia or other neurological problems believed to be caused by concussions suffered during their pro careers. The deal excludes players with symptoms of a degenerative brain condition called chronic traumatic encephalopathy, those suffering from milder brain injuries and veterans of the defunct NFL Europe, the players objection said. The players also said that the proposed claims process is onorous and confusing and that attorneys for the plaintiffs failed to conduct any discovery in the case. "The revised settlement is a great deal -- for the NFL and class counsel," who would get $112.5 million in attorneys fees, the players motion said. "It is a lousy deal for the retired players, whose rights have been bargained away without adequate or independent representation." A spokesman for the plaintiffs attorneys declined to comment on Thursday, referring to an earlier statement touting the deal. An NFL spokesman also declined to comment. More than 4,500 former players have filed suit, some accusing the league of fraud for its handling of concussions. They include former Dallas Cowboys running back Tony Dorsett and Super Bowl-winning Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon, who suffers from dementia. A revised settlement agreement filed last week removed a $675 million cap on damages after U.S. District Judge Anita Brody questioned whether there would be enough money to pay all claims. Nike Air Force Καλυτερη Τιμη . NORRIS COLE (Heat): Its funny, you watch a guy play and now really produce and it just jumps off the page at you - why? You put a young player with potential in a winning environment where there is veteran leadership, outstanding coaching and management and a way that things are done and its a wonderful environment for growth, improvement in a climate of constant accountability and expectation of achievement/production. Nike Air Force 1 Low Γυναικεια . Kripps, of Summerland, B.C., and Edmontons Barnett used a terrific second run to move up two spots, putting the Canadian duo in medal contention with the final two runs set for Monday (11:15 a.m. ET, streaming live at cbc. http://www.airforce1greece.com/air-more-uptempo-greece.html . The Leafs were back on the ice Wednesday following an 10-day break. It apparently wasnt long enough, as Team Canadas 2-1 win over Latvia didnt conclude before the Leafs began practice. "I was thinking we might get a little delay, but it was nice to get out there," said Tyler Bozak of watching Wednesdays game.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - The weight of the wait is finally lifted from Brock Osweilers shoulders.Peyton Mannings third-year apprentice finally found the end zone in the Broncos season finale, throwing a 1-yard dart to tight end Virgil Green to cap Denvers 47-14 rout of the Raiders.It was very exciting. Im glad we got it out of the way, and hopefully there are a lot more to come, Osweiler said of his first career touchdown throw.Its just such an exciting moment. I know it was Virgils first touchdown as well, and hes put so much work into this organization and into his career, Osweiler said. The same goes for me, so to go out there and have a little fun at the end of the game really put a cap on the season.The TD also was sweet vindication for Osweiler, who had a poor performance two weeks earlier at San Diego in relief of a flu-ridden Manning.After Manning trotted into the tunnel for treatment on a strained thigh he blamed on dehydration, Osweiler went in with 87 seconds left in the first half and promptly fluttered a pass that was nearly picked off, then committed intentional grounding on his second snap.The Chargers got the ball back with just under a minute left and drove for a field goal that trimmed Denvers lead to six points at the half. Osweiler was warming up for the second half when Manning made what coach John Fox called a cavalry entrance and played the rest of the way in Denvers 22-10 win.Osweiler entered his last game under very different circumstances.The Broncos were up 40-14 when he trotted out with 4:20 remaining. On third-and-10 from the Oakland 44, Osweiler hit Green with a deep pass over the middle.I was rooting for him to score, Osweiler said. As soon as I threw it, I was like, Go! Go! Go! Go!Charles Woodson, however, dragged down Green at the 6.I was so disappointed. I thought Id let a huge opportunity slip away, Green said Tuesday.On third-and-goal from the 1, offensive co-ordinator Adam Gase called for a pass play and the Osweiler-to-Green score was both meaningless and signifficant. Nike Air Force 1 Αγορα. t was kind of the monkey off my back, Osweiler said.Manning was thrilled for his backups breakthrough.It was his kind of call on that touchdown, Osweiler said. We were all trying to get Virgil a score, and we were all talking on the sideline. He (Manning) thought up the concept to get him in the end zone, so he was happy for the both of us.Green, a fourth-year tight end, kept the ball for his mantle.Thats OK with me, Osweiler said. He waited longer for it, so thats all his.Besides, Osweiler now heads into the playoffs feeling both a sense of accomplishment and relief, two things that could come in handy if he has to take any significant snaps in the post-season.Its huge, Osweiler said. It finally got the bad taste out of my mouth.Osweiler finished 2-for-2 for 39 yards and a perfect 158.3 passer rating — something Manning has accomplished three times in his 17-year NFL career, the last one coming on Jan. 4, 2004, against Denver in the playoffs.Yeah, you know I only had two pass attempts, so I wont ride that too much, but Ill take it for now, Osweiler said. And its something to build upon.Osweiler said he trusts that if he has to spell Manning in the post-season the Broncos wont have to pump the brakes on their offence, although they might tailor some things to his skill set.Obviously, he has 17 years experience and I havent even started a single game. But once again, Im very confident in my abilities, Osweiler said. I study, I prepare just like Im a starter every week. So, I cant say that there wouldnt be a fall-off, but I can promise you Im going to do everything in my power to make sure there isnt.Notes: Manning took the day off Tuesday along with WRs Demaryius Thomas (finger), Emmanuel Sanders (back) and Wes Welker. Also out: LG Orlando Franklin (head), S David Bruton Jr. (head, neck) and RB Juwan Thompson (hip, knee). ... The Broncos practice again Wednesday before getting a three-day furlough.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen