Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

The question about that one particular, infamous play wasn’t complete

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 30.08.2019 05:48
von zhangzk • 144 Beiträge

ASHBURN http://www.packerscheapshoponline.com/cheap-authentic-jace-sternberger-jersey , Va. (AP) — when Mark Sanchez interrupted to deliver a perfectly straight-faced, deadpan response.“I’m not following,” he said.For a guy who was a first-round NFL draft pick and played in a pair of AFC title games at the outset of his professional career, Sanchez knows — fairly or not — his name is associated with “The Butt Fumble.” And so he was able to crack a smile — and a retort — when it was brought up at a news conference Wednesday before Sanchez participated in his first practice as the Washington Redskins‘ latest starting quarterback.He’ll be on the field Sunday when Washington (6-6) hosts the New York Giants (4-8).“What are you going to do? It was a crappy play in a game we were getting our butts kicked,” Sanchez said about that turnover after running into one of his linemen during his New York Jets’ 49-19 loss to the New England Patriots on Thanksgiving Day six years ago.“Some low-hanging fruit, so that was an easy reach for you,” he said. “I’m just kidding! I’m just kidding! Come on. You can give it to me; I can give it right back. Come on. Thick skin in here, huh? No, listen: Who cares? It’s one play. And just move on. I prefer to remember the good stuff.”Which, of course, is exactly what he should do.Let others focus on a long-ago blunder — as many on Twitter did during Washington’s 28-13 loss to Philadelphia on Monday night, when Sanchez recovered his own fumble by holding the ball against his behind.“In my mind, he shouldn’t let that (2012 play for the Jets) define him,” said Giants coach Pat Shurmur, who was the offensive coordinator for Sanchez when both were with the Eagles in 2014-15. “We are all involved in many, many plays and many Dexter Williams Jersey , many games. There’s many, many good things that happen. You’re involved in a lot of wins and, unfortunately, you’re involved once in a while in a bad play or a bad game.”The 32-year-old Sanchez hasn’t won a regular-season start in almost exactly four years. And he has thrown for more interceptions (87) than TDs (86) in the NFL.But he was the only QB the team had after Alex Smith and Colt McCoy each went down with a broken right leg in a span of three games.“In some ways, two weeks ago, it was an unfamiliar position. But really, historically, it’s a familiar position. That’s what makes it fun. You work for something, you pray for something, and then it finally happens — you don’t care what the circumstances are,” Sanchez said. “You’re just happy to get a shot.”He joked Wednesday about being unfamiliar with his teammates: “Don’t ask me their names.”Joked, too, about Adrian Peterson’s 90-yard touchdown run against Philadelphia on Sanchez’s first play after entering for the injured McCoy: “That was a pretty good handoff, huh?”Now, though, coach Jay Gruden knows that Washington’s faint playoff hopes rest with a QB who was signed a couple of weeks ago.“It’s not easy for any quarterback, no matter how long you play. If you don’t get any reps in training camp or preseason or regular season with the guys you’re playing with Nick Bosa Jersey , and you don’t know the terminology, so to speak, it’s a great challenge,” Gruden said about Sanchez. “But he’s a veteran guy and I think he’ll do the best he can.”Notes: CB Quinton Dunbar, WR Trey Quinn, G Jonathan Cooper went on injured reserve, and the Redskins signed QB Josh Johnson, G Zac Kerin, C Demetrius Rhaney and DE Marcus Smith. Johnson has not attempted a pass in a regular-season NFL game since 2011. CHICAGO (AP) — From the moment they identified him as the quarterback to lift their struggling franchise, the Chicago Bears envisioned big games from Mitchell Trubisky.As breakthroughs go, this was a huge one.Trubisky threw a career-high six touchdown passes — one shy of the NFL record — and the NFC North-leading Bears pounded the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 48-10 on Sunday.The Bears (3-1) won their third straight with Trubisky delivering the sort of performance general manager Ryan Pace envisioned when he traded up a spot to draft the prized quarterback with the No. 2 overall pick last year.He finished one TD pass short of the franchise mark set by Sid Luckman against the New York Giants in 1943. Luckman is tied with seven others in NFL history to throw seven TD passes in a game. The Bears also racked up 483 yards in this one, nearly matching their record of 488 in that same game, on the way to their highest point total since 51-20 victory over Tennessee in 2012.“It’s very humbling because you know the history of the Bears and how many great players have come through this organization,” Trubisky said. “For me, you’re just trying to create your own legacy and try to make a path.”The defense did its part, harassing Ryan Fitzpatrick before Jameis Winston took over to start the second half. And the Bears (3-1) matched their longest win streak since a 3-0 start in 2013.Trubisky had never thrown for more than two touchdowns in a game. But he tossed five in the first half alone as Chicago grabbed a 38-3 lead. The only other player with more in a single half since 1991 was Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers with six in the first two quarters against the Bears in a romp at Lambeau Field in November 2014.Trubisky had no trouble finding wide-open receivers against a struggling secondary, completing 19 of 26 passes for 354 yards.“Hopefully L.J. Collier Jersey , this is a day where we look back down the road here,” Bears coach Matt Nagy said, “and say, ‘Remember that day where he had that great game?’ And it helped catapult him into being a great quarterback.”Khalil Mack had a strip-sack in the first half against Fitzpatrick. That made him the first player with a sack and forced fumble in four straight games since Robert Mathis for Indianapolis in 2005. He also appeared to tip the ball as Winston released a pass that Danny Trevathan picked off on the first drive of the second half.OVERMATCHEDComing off a tight loss to Pittsburgh on Monday night, the Buccaneers (2-2) were simply overwhelmed in this one.“We should fire every person that was on that field today, starting with me. That was horrific,” coach Dirk Koetter said.Koetter said Winston “probably” did enough to regain the starting job, but wouldn’t quite commit to that.Tampa Bay decided to stick with Fitzpatrick as the starting quarterback even though Winston was back from a three-game suspension for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy.But after becoming the first player in NFL history to top 400 yards passing in three consecutive games, Fitzpatrick was 9 of 18 for 126 yards and got sacked twice. Winston was 16 for 20 with 145 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions.CATCHING ONChicago’s Tarik Cohen had a career-high 121 yards receiving and a touchdown. Taylor Gabriel had a personal-best 104 yards receiving to go with two TD catches.Trey Burton caught a 39-yard touchdown on the game’s opening drive and finished with 86 yards.Allen Robinson caught a 14-yarder late in the first quarter — his first TD since signing with Chicago in the offseason.HICKS EJECTEDBears defensive tackle Akiem Hicks was ejected for pushing an official late in the first half.The incident occurred after Eddie Jackson intercepted a pass by Fitzpatrick. Hicks was involved in a scuffle away from the play with a Buccaneers player. Down judge Mike Carr had separated them when Hicks charged back and pushed the official, referee Jerome Boger told a pool reporter.“It was just a deliberate act, when he knew the official was there in-between,” Boger said.Hicks remained on the sideline for a few plays before leaving the field and threw his shoulder pads and jersey into the stands.NATIONAL ANTHEMThere were no obvious protests by either team.INJURIESBuccaneers: TE O.J. Howard left in the first half because of a knee injury. … CB Carlton Davis III aggravated a groin injury.Bears: LB Sam Acho left in the first half with a pectoral injury.UP NEXTBuccaneers: Have bye week. At Atlanta on Oct. 14.Bears: Have bye week. At Miami on Oct. 14.

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen