Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

The Bears’ search for a reliable kicker kicks into gear

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 30.08.2019 03:39
von zhangzk • 144 Beiträge

And they’re taking a decidedly clown-car approach.Via Patrick Finley of the http://www.ravensfootballauthentics.com/iman-marshall-jersey-authentic , the Bears will have eight kickers on hand for rookie minicamp (though they may or may not be arriving in a single vehicle).Four of them are actually under contract (Chris Blewit, Redford Jones, Elliott Fry, and John Baron II) Trace McSorley Jersey , and they’re bringing in four more on a tryout basis (Justin Yoon, Spencer Evans, Emmit Carpenter, and Casey Bednarski).“These guys have to compete Kyler Murray Jersey ,” Bears coach Matt Nagy said. “Get them out there and let them compete. It’s not going to be kicker specifically. It’s not going to be an easy competition. It’s about making your kicks under pressure and it’s as simple as that. Either you make it or you don’t. We’re going to test them out.”The Bears have struggled to find consistency at the position since releasing Robbie Gould after the 2016 season. They might like to have Gould back now, but the 49ers aren’t trading their franchise-tagged kicker. The Bears cut Cody Parkey last year after his double-doink miss in the playoffs.“It’ll all play itself out — I know it will,” Nagy said. “[General Manager] Ryan [Pace] and I have had long discussions about that, but I can promise you that Ryan has done an amazing job with his personnel scouts and turned over every rock to see who is out there and give them a chance. And let’s go.”Nagy said the Bears “might get creative” with how they put pressure on the kickers during the workout http://www.cardinalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-byron-murphy-jersey , and short of making them ride together in one car with their big shoes if they don’t win the job, it’s reasonable to think these guys understand the stakes based on the numbers around them. Washington wants to get an extension with Brandon Scherff. The offensive guard wants to remain in Washington long term.Thus far, the sides have not come to an agreement. They are talking, though.“We’ve been talking Andy Isabella Jersey , but I’m not really worried about that,” Scherff said, via JP Finlay of NBCSportsWashington.com. “I’m here for another year, so that’s all I’m worried about right now. Everything will take care of itself.”Scherff has become one of the top players at his position since Washington drafted him with the fifth overall pick in 2016 Brian Burns Jersey , making two Pro Bowls. The team exercised Scherff’s fifth-year option for $12.525 million for this season, but that’s still less than top guards Zack Martin and Andrew Norwell make per year on long-term deals.Martin has an annual average salary of $14 million and Norwell makes $13.3 million per season.Some team will pay Scherff in that range. The only question is: Who? Scherff hopes it’s Washington.

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen