Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

While the Minnesota Vikings are still fully

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 28.08.2019 05:04
von panxing18 • 206 Beiträge

SEATTLE (AP) —in control of their path to the postseason Irv Smith black jersey , Adam Thielen knows it’s starting to slip away.Ten points last week in New England. Seven points on Monday night in an ugly 21-7 loss to the Seattle Seahawks. It’s not good enough. The Vikings know it, and the frustration is beginning to build.“We’re fighting as an offense, we’re trying to get something going. We just need a spark. We need a spark and we need it fast,” Thielen said. “I think we have a bunch of guys on this offense that want to win and want to make plays. But we haven’t found that rhythm. It’s there. It’s there. We just have to keep fighting.”Minnesota lost its second straight and had an offensive night to forget against a Seattle defense that had appeared vulnerable of late. Minnesota (6-6-1) twice had scoring chances in the fourth quarter when it was still a one-score game, but was turned away each time.The Vikings’ chances of winning the NFC North took a major hit with the loss, but they still hold the No. 6 spot in the NFC — for now.“I don’t know how to give you a measurement on that, I don’t know what the scale is for that number, but certainly, when you’re not putting as many points on the board as you’re capable of or have shown in past games it is disappointing,” Minnesota quarterback Kirk Cousins said. “I think the added piece of the disappointment is when your defense is playing so well.”Minnesota’s defense more than did its part against Seattle. The Vikings held the Seahawks to six points into the fourth quarter, taking advantage of a poor night by Russell Wilson. And while Seattle ran crazy against one of the better run defenses in the NFL, the Vikings did enough to keep it a one-score game long enough for Cousins, Thielen and the rest of their offensive crew to have a chance.But Minnesota couldn’t convert. They were turned away on fourth down at the Seattle 1 with 9:06 remaining and on their next possession Dan Bailey’s 47-yard field goal attempt was blocked by Bobby Wagner on a debatable call whether Wagner’s leap over the offensive line was legal.Whether or not Wagner’s play was legal, the Vikings never found the end zone until Cousins’ 6-yard TD pass to Dalvin Cook with 1:10 left. All it did was keep the Vikings from being shutout for the first time since 2007.“We’ve got to score points, we’ve got to move the ball, we’ve got to stay on schedule,” Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs said. “We can’t get behind the chains. It’s simple things. We can’t get behind the sticks.”Cousins finished 20 of 33 for 208 yards, but had just 56 yards passing entering the fourth quarter. He noted that teams are rotating their coverages on Diggs and Thielen Irv Smith Jersey Mens , trying to slow down Minnesota’s passing game, and he’s not going to force throws into danger. Seattle played seven defensive backs at times trying to contain Diggs and Thielen.That extra coverage is partly why Thielen, who entered the game with 98 catches, didn’t get his first target until midway through the third quarter. By that point, Seattle offensive tackle George Fant already had a catch after reporting eligible on a play.“We didn’t have a lot of explosive plays, again credit the Seahawks for limiting those,” Cousins said. “When you don’t have explosive plays, and you’re kind of marching methodically down the field, it was hard for us to sustain.”The most frustrating sequence for Minnesota was early in the fourth quarter trailing 6-0 and after finally hitting a 48-yard reception to Diggs to get deep into Seattle territory. The Vikings had first-and-goal at the 4, but after two short runs and an incompletion, faced fourth-and-goal at the 1. Rather than run, Cousins tried to hit Kyle Rudolph across the middle, but the pass was broken up by Bradley McDougald.“Every situation that we failed at the end of the night is frustrating,” Cook said. “We just have to go and fix it and watch film. We have to get it right.” The Vikings’ first-round pick speaks with local reporters for the first time"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Vikings 2018 SeasonVikings 2019 OffseasonU.S. Bank StadiumMinnesota Vikings PodcastsMinnesota Vikings 2019 NFL DraftTranscript: Twin Cities media conference call with Garrett BradburyNew,18commentsThe Vikings’ first-round pick speaks with local reporters for the first timeCDTShareTweetShareShareTranscript: Twin Cities media conference call with Garrett BradburyJim Dedmon-USA TODAY SportsShortly after his selection on Thursday night, Garrett Bradbury got his first opportunity to visit with the media in the Twin Cities via a conference call. I’m sure that the Minnesota Vikings will formally introduce him at a press conference on Friday, but for now we can provide you a transcript of all of the questions that he was asked, along with his answers.Thanks to the Vikings’ PR staff for providing this transcript to us.I can’t put into words how excited I am. This has been a dream of mine for a long time. I can’t explain how crazy it is. There are so many people I want to thank- Mr. [Rick] Spielman Irv Smith Jersey nfl draft , Coach [Mike] Zimmer. I am kind of speechless right now. Just super excited to come to Minnesota. Learn about Skol Nation, meet everyone and just become part of the team and I’m excited to play football again.Q: Do you want to be the starting center or is it ok if they put you at guard?A: I am coming up there saying, “I want to play football again.” I am coming up there saying, “I am an offensive lineman. I am ready to play, I am ready to help this team win, I am ready to protect the quarterback, run the football.” If they want me to play any of those positions, I am happy to play. I want to be on the field. I want to play on the offensive line. I want to help this team win. That is truly where I am at right now and just excited to get started.Q: How much contact did you have with the Vikings in the pre-draft process?A: I had a film with them at the combine. I talked to Mr. Spielman at the Senior Bowl actually. I talked to the offensive line coach as well. I had really good meetings with them. I am super thankful, super excited. It’s hard to put in words. I also want to thank the Wilf family and everyone involved with the Vikings organization. I’m just super excited.Q: What do you know about the Minnesota Vikings?A: I know Coach Zim has a bunch of history. A lot of good football players on the team. I’m really excited to get up there and get to work. I know this has been a process but I’m excited to get to work and play football again.Q: Who was your favorite baseball catcher and how did playing that position help you play football?A: I was a huge Jorge Posada fan with the Yankees. Loved the Yankees. My dad used to go to New York a lot and bring me home stuff. I still love the Yankees. I think it helped a little bit in terms of mobility, being able to bend, in terms of communication. You are kind of the leader back there behind the plate. I got to call pitches. I got to control the infield in terms of where they were going. Just verbally put everyone in their position. As an offensive lineman, you have to be able to communicate. You have to have all five guys on the same page. In terms of communication, that helped the most.Q: Did you get the impression from the Vikings that you were a schematic fit with what they are looking to do with Gary Kubiak and Rick Dennison?A: That is awesome and I am super excited about that and the fit to come. Going through this process, I wasn’t really trying to piece together where I thought I was going to go. I was really just taking it one day at a time, talking about just trusting this process and being where you see yourself. I just wanted to make sure I was doing what I needed to do to be where I needed to be. There are so many mock drafts that you see. There are so many speculations. Talking to guys that were drafted from N.C. State last year, they were like, “Don’t pay any attention to that. Don’t buy into that. Teams have drafted guys that they’ve hardly talked to.” I was completely open ears, hoping to hear my name called. It’s truly a dream come true. It’s truly a dream come true.Q: Is durability one of your traits as you rarely came off the field?A: Yes Everson Griffen Jersey , I never want to come off the field. That is one of the reasons I kind of moved to offensive line from tight end and defensive line. In high school I was a tight end and defensive line. I didn’t want to come off the field. I was on the field every play on offense, defense. Coming in as a tight end, I was probably looking at about 20 snaps per game, at best. At offensive line, you don’t come off the field. That is something we pride ourselves in. Every offensive line, that is the best trait you can have is durability. That is something that obviously everyone takes pride in and is competitive with as a lineman.Q: How did the move from tight end to offensive lineman come about?A: It took a lot of coaching, it took a lot of great teammates. Coach [Dwayne] Ledford, my offensive line coach, and my offensive line graduate assistant, almost like a centers coach sometimes, did a phenomenal job. We just went to work. We weren’t where we needed to be three years ago. We had a bunch of great teammates alongside of me. I think we just got better. We had a great defensive line. “Iron sharpens iron” is true. We just had a lot of battles in practice. Got better through the years. It took a lot of coaching and a lot of great teammates.Q: How important was the Senior Bowl and the combine in this process to get your draft stock up?A: It’s another piece of the puzzle. It’s a four-month job interview. You just want to show everyone who you are throughout these steps. For Senior Bowl, we got to play football. We got to play in an NFL offensive line system, coaching staffs. Had a blast at that. The combine is a little different. You have to train for some technique things, and a 40, which hopefully an offensive lineman doesn’t have to go 40 yards full speed unless you’re celebrating. It’s just another step in the process and you have to treat it like a professional because that’s the goal. You just try to attack it and show people who you are. Q: Have you ever been to Minnesota?A: I have not been to Minnesota. I’ll be there tomorrow and I can’t wait.

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen