Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

dont think most people expected us to go that far but to reach the final playing the way we did was an exceptional effort. Engla

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 27.08.2019 13:37
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Rugby leagues most prominent players, coaches and administrators have united in a chorus of criticism of the NRL over the handling of the shoulder charge debacle.Veteran players Johnathan Thurston and Michael Ennis, NSW mentor Laurie Daley and Penrith supremo Phil Gould all slammed the games governing body on Wednesday as confusion reigned over the shoulder charge.Canberra fullback Jack Wighton will be free to play Cronulla in Saturdays qualifying final after being cleared of a grade-two shoulder charge count at the judiciary.Faced with a four-week ban, Wighton challenged the match review committees (MRC) charge, with the judiciary taking just five minutes to exonerate him.The MRC was roundly condemned for charging Wighton for his hit on the Wests Tigers Joel Edwards yet clearing Sharks hooker Ennis for what appeared to be a similar incident.The NRL went to the trouble of releasing a statement outlining why the Raiders No.1 had been charged but Ennis was let off for his challenge on Melbournes Cheyse Blair.NRL MRC coordinator Michael Buettner argued there was a clear difference and that Ennis had not tucked his arm into his side as he braced for contact while Wighton had.Ennis said the MRC and judiciary were no longer on the same page and the two entities needed to merge so there was consensus.The only problem is (the MRC) see what theyre looking for and they charge or dont charge and then it goes to another set of eyes when it comes to the judiciary, Ennis said.And thats the real issue - thats a problem the NRL need to address.For starters, the guys that are making the call on the charges maybe need to be involved in the judiciary process as well.Cowboys, Queensland and Australian playmaker Thurston said the water had become so muddied, he no longer knew what constituted a shoulder charge.Can you? No, Thurston said when asked to explain what a shoulder charge was.Its a big issue in our game, obviously. Everyones a little bit confused at the moment - Im confused. I cant say too much on it because I dont know what the rules are.NSW coach Laurie Daley said confidence in the match review committee and judiciary had evaporated and he called for an overhaul of the process.No ones got any confidence in it and I think a lot of people are confused about what constitutes dangerous contact, what constitutes a shoulder charge, Daley told News Corp Australia.Theres a lot of things a lot of people are disappointed in. Theres no faith there and I think it needs a overhaul.They need to get the powers-that-be into the room at the end of the year and go through it and review it and make some massive changes.Penrith general manager and Nine Network commentator Phil Gould said the episode had embarrassed the code.The people that are doing this have absolutely no idea what theyre doing, Gould told Sky Sports Radios Big Sports Breakfast.I fear for the future of the game with the people that we have in charge at the moment, honestly.Frank Gore Womens Jersey . On June 12, just as the sun sets on the magnificent historical city of Sao Paulo the inventors, innovators and purveyors of “joga bonitowill” open their campaign. The opponent, Croatia and all its football might and will. As opposites do attract we are set for a corker of an opener. Dante Pettis Womens Jersey . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/Youth-nick-bosa-49ers-jersey/ . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. Jalen Hurd Youth Jersey . The 43-year-old closer, in his 19th and final big league season, has said hed like to play the outfield. Yankees manager Joe Girardi says hes thinking about allowing Rivera to do it this weekend, when the Yankees finish their season with a three-game series at the Houston Astros. Matt Breida Womens Jersey . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca.In his first column for Sky Sports, Englands Jonny Bairstow talks Headingley, Sri Lanka, batting with Joe Root and his 1990s hero… Hi Jonny. How excited are you to be gearing up for just your second Test match at Headingley?Coming back home is obviously very special as Headingley has a big place in my heart, as it does for every Yorkshireman. The fact there has been a little lay-off - my only other Test at the ground came three years ago against New Zealand - makes it even more exciting, so hopefully the weather holds!I scored 64 in that game versus New Zealand, while Joe Root and Alastair Cook got hundreds as we won by 247 runs, but what I remember most is how electric the crowd was and Im expecting something similar this week.Ive hit the ground running this season, particularly at Headingley, scoring 246 against Hampshire and 198 against Surrey, but the Test pitch will be different to the county ones.Everyone wants to be there at the Test for high-scoring days but also some entertainment with the ball, so Im sure we will get both.How was your winter and what did you make of Englands World T20 campaign?I had a bit of time off and away from cricket to recharge my batteries, which is really important, but watching the England lads in the World T20 was fantastic.I dont think most people expected us to go that far but to reach the final playing the way we did was an exceptional effort. England reached the final of the World T20 in India Its got me itching to get that England jersey back on - not that you need any extra motivation to get up for the first Test of the summer on your home ground!I was pleased with the way I contributed in the series win over South Africa, in which I scored my maiden Test hundred, even though I still have things to work on and develop. It was a great way to finish the year and I am looking to keep on progressing.If you beat Sri Lanka and Pakistan, you will achieve something pretty special…If we win we will hold all nine of the Test series trophies - something I was made aware of moments before doing this column! Its not something we have spoken about in the dressing room, as our focus is purely on winning matches. Englands Test series win over South Africa means they hold seven of nine possible trophies Sri Lanka beat us here two years ago, while we know the quality Pakistan bring, so its going to be a tough summer of cricket ahead. People have made us favourites to defeat Sri Lanka but we know the threats that they pose, so we wont be taking anything for granted.Mahela Jayawardene will be with Sky Sports for the series and Im sure he and Kumar Sangakkara, who is playing for Surrey, will be passing down fonts of knowledge to the Sri Lankan players, so we know we are in for a real battle.Joe Root has been in outstanding form recently - did you always expect him to hit these heights? Joe Root has scored nine centuries in his 39 Tests to date Joe was only small when he was young so everyone was hoping he grew for a start! Seriously, though, we always knew he was a real talent.He has been fantastic over recent years - you only have to look at the stats and the way he has gone about his business - and hopefully he and I can spend a lot of time in the middle together, not only this summer but for many years to come. Root lands ECB awards hat-trick Joe Root swept the board at the England Team Awards and there was recognition for David Lloyd Having batted with him since we were about 12, out partnership is a pretty natural one now, its not something we have to think about or plan too much.dddddddddddd We know how the other one operates, how they run and the abilities they possess, so its great to be in the middle at the same time.Hes also not bad with the ball as he showed when he bowled out Stokesy [Ben Stokes] in Carnaby Street recently! Joe Root bowled out Ben Stokes during an impromptu game of cricket in Carnaby Street Finally, Sky Sports England in the 90s documentary has just been released. Who was your cricketing hero during that decade?Definitely Alec Stewart. The amount of games he played was sensational and to play for the length of time he did and achieve what he did made me really look up to him. If I have a career like his it wont be too shabby, and to try and emulate someone like him would be very special.It always looked like the guys in the England team in the 1990s had fun and that is something we are trying to foster, too. You have enough tough times in the game and in life so you have to enjoy the good times as a group. Teams dont function as well if you dont have that rapport. Watch a sneak peek of England in the 90s, which you can catch in full On Demand Watch England and Sri Lankas first Test, at Headingley, from 10am, Thursday, Sky Sports 2. Or watch from £6.99 without a contract, on NOW TV. Get Sky Sports Alerts Breaking news from the England Cricket team, direct to your mobileAlso See:England v Sri Lanka on Sky SportsEngland fixtures/resultsWATCH: Murali magicWatch England in the 90s ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen