Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

turning home to the seaside town of Bray following the London Games, Taylor was greeted by more than 20,000 adoring fans.Her b

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 27.08.2019 13:33
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Katie Taylor will make her professional boxing debut on Saturday, and the former Olympic champion is determined to leave a lasting legacy in the sport.Irish fighter Taylor dominated the amateur ranks for more than a decade, winning five world and six European titles as well as gold at London 2012.On returning home to the seaside town of Bray following the London Games, Taylor was greeted by more than 20,000 adoring fans.Her bow in the paid ranks comes four months after she turned 30, but age has not tempered her ambition. Indeed, Taylor believes she can have as big an impact on womens boxing as Ronda Rousey has had on female mixed martial arts.Id love to win a world title, unify the belts and try to go up the weights and try to win belts at higher weights too, Taylor, who fights?Karina Kopinska at The SSE Arena in London, said.Id like to do what the likes of Ronda Rousey have done in the UFC and become a big name in professional boxing and raise the profile of the sport.UFC take their female fighters very seriously and they claim equal billing to the men on the shows, thats huge, and thats why a lot of boxers are turning to UFC.Its important to be financially secure when I am finished fighting as its a short career, but I am not motivated by money. I made a good living in the amateurs and now its a new challenge and new goals and thats what is exciting for me.I am going to where I am most passionate about my future and thats in the pros.Taylor was unable to defend her womens lightweight title at the Rio Games, losing a close quarterfinal to Finlands?Mira Potkonen.She has been grateful for the short turnaround between that bout, on Aug. 15, and her pro debut as she bids to raise the profile of womens boxing in the UK and Ireland.I never felt like walking away, I knew that theres still so much more greatness ahead of me, Taylor said. I performed badly at the Olympics but I knew that the best was yet to come.I am a fresh 30-year-old and I feel I have many, many years left in me, so it was a matter of getting past the disappointment and refocusing on the future.Taylor added: [Womens boxing] is?big in the States, Germany, Scandinavia, theres a lot of interest in the sport in these countries and we have to emulate that in Ireland and the UK.Devan Dubnyk Jersey . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. Jared Spurgeon Jersey . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. http://www.authenticwildpro.com/Alex-stalock-wild-jersey/ . Supported by three-run homers from Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos, the young right-hander went seven strong innings in the Washington Nationals 8-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. Jonas Brodin Wild Jersey . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. Matt Dumba Jersey . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday.State of Origin duty has primed Michael Morgan to step up in Johnathan Thurstons absence, North Queensland back-rower Gavin Cooper says.But Cooper would not be surprised if playmaker Thurston ran out for the Cowboys in Saturday nights NRL top-three clash with Melbourne in Townsville.North Queensland coach Paul Green has not ruled out the possibility of Thurston playing despite reports the co-captain will be sidelined for two weeks with a hamstring complaint.I wouldnt be surprised at all (if Thurston played), Cooper said.Thats him - anythings possible.But Cooper said Morgan was ready to take over the team reins after emerging as a leader from Origin duty for Queenslandd.ddddddddddddMorgan has cemented a key Maroons bench utility role since his Origin debut last year.Morgo has really grown as a player the last two years, Cooper said.His game sense now is second to none.Thats something we will really look to (in Thurstons absence).Cooper admitted there would be pressure on Morgan to fill Thurstons shoes.Leading us around will be a little weight on his shoulders but nothing he cant handle, he said.Footy comes naturally to him.It will be a good opportunity for him if we do go without JT, but I hope we dont. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen