Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Sri Lanka The short answer is no: before Dasun Shanaka allied 42 runs to 5 for 43 for Sri Lanka against Ireland in Dublin rec

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 26.08.2019 07:15
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

West Indies new T20 captain Carlos Brathwaite said a vote of confidence from his predecessor Darren Sammy and encouragement from the senior players made his transition into the role easier.The WICB named Brathwaite to lead the side against India in two T20 matches in Florida on August 27 and 28. Sammy, who led West Indies to two World T20 titles, had announced the news of his axing as captain through a Facebook post and was later dropped from the squad.He just told me, Congratulations. He heard it before I spoke to him, and he just said, Congratulations, its a big challenge. He gave me his blessing and as a senior guy appreciated it, which allowed me to ease into the role, Brathwaite said at a press conference after the fourth Test against India in Port of Spain. I havent officially started yet, but it has allowed me to transition easier from just being told [about the captaincy] to the excitement of wanting to get on the field and lead. It was a good vote of confidence speaking to Sammy, then I saw him at a charity event, saw some of the senior guys as well, all have been telling me positive things. Brathwaite stressed that members in the West Indies side were mature enough to handle a change in leadership. He added the players enjoyed each others company and, from that point of view, leading the side would be easy.I think a team like this will be pretty easy to lead, from the point of view that the dressing room is a fun place to be. I dont think its a case where I have to negotiate too many egos, he said. The guys enjoy each others company. Its just a matter for me to go there, do the things that I can do, firstly as a player and then a captain, continue to mould the team that Darren has started to mould, efficiently.Again, the most important thing is getting victories for the West Indies. As a new leader, things might change bit by bit. Its just about adjusting and then for me to find ways for the team to continue to win.I dont want to get too deep into the psychology of changing leaders and stuff like that. I think all the guys are mature enough. We have had cases where some of the guys were captains, and then played the next series under a different captain. We are professionals, we all know what we have to go out there and do.Its a matter of, first, to go out there and win games for the West Indies and I hope that my leadership can influence that in some part. Even if it doesnt, if we win the games that will be the most important thing.Brathwaite, 28, has only recently found himself settling into West Indies limited-overs sides. One of his best moments came during the World T20 final against England earlier this year. With his team needing 19 runs off the last over, he struck four successive sixes off Ben Stokes to take the side to their second T20 title.Prior to that tournament, however, Brathwaite had played only two T20Is - against South Africa in January 2015 and against Bangladesh in 2011. His place in the Test team, meanwhile, is not settled. He made his debut against Australia during the Boxing Day Test at the MCG last year, but has played only two matches since then. In the series against India, he was picked for the first Test where he scored a duck and an unbeaten 51, but was dropped for the remaining matches.Brathwaite said feedback from the selectors about his exclusion gave him a chance to become a better all-round player.I want to be the best I can be. I want to myself available in all three formats for the West Indies and I obviously dont want to make goals I havent been able to fulfill as yet, he said. Again a bit old, but I dont know if Ill be able to see us back at the top in Test cricket as yet. But just improvement and progression, I think we start to improve and I want to be a bigger part of that improvement and progression as well.Being dropped, I got a clear message from the selectors why I was dropped as well. I was disappointed but its a chance for me now to go forward and get a bit stronger and get a bit better as well and when you get that chance again, whenever it may be, it is up to me to take that chance and become a better player all-round.Brathwaite said that before accepting the captaincy, he had sought clarification from the selectors on their expectations of him.Yes there was hesitation. I wanted to contact my family and my close advisors before I took the job. It is an honour, I would never say I didnt want to take it. But obviously I had some questions that I asked of the selection panel before I took the job. Just basically to clarify why they wanted me, what they expected of me, and coming into the role knowing my job. Kirk Cousins Vikings Jersey . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. Randy Moss Jersey . -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second. http://www.authenticvikingspro.com/Chris-doleman-vikings-jersey/ . According to a report from the Winnipeg Free Press, the Bombers will name Acting GM Kyle Walters to the post full time. Alan Page Jersey . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca. Kirk Cousins Womens Jersey . -- The Portland Timbers and Real Salt Lake played to a 0-0 tie Saturday night that left the top of the Western Conference standings unchanged. Has any side ever made more than England did to win an ODI by ten wickets? asked Mahesh Bhasin from India There have now been exactly 50 ten-wicket victories in one-day internationals - and none of them involved a higher total than Englands 256 for 0 against Sri Lanka at Edgbaston last week. The previous highest was New Zealands 236 for 0 to defeat Zimbabwe (235) in Harare last August. In all there have now been six instances of a team reaching a target of 200 or more without losing a wicket, the first coming when West Indies (221 for 0) beat Pakistan (220 for 2) in Melbourne during the 1992 World Cup. For the full list, click here. Dasun Shanaka scored over 40 runs and got five wickets on his ODI debut. Has anybody done this before? asked Chamitha Gunasekara from Sri Lanka The short answer is no: before Dasun Shanaka allied 42 runs to 5 for 43 for Sri Lanka against Ireland in Dublin recently, the highest score by a one-day international debutant who also took a five-for was 28 - by another Sri Lankan, Shaul Karnain, who claimed 5 for 26 against New Zealand in Moratuwa in 1983-84. Three men have scored a fifty and taken four wickets on ODI debut: Duncan Fletcher, with 69 not out and 4 for 42 as Zimbabwe defeated Australia at Trent Bridge in the 1983 World Cup (Zimbabwes first official ODI); Gary Crocker, with 50 and 4 for 26 for Zimbabwe v India in Harare in 1992-93; and Shaun Pollock, with 66 not out and 4 for 34 for South Africa against England in Cape Town in 1995-96.Was Chris Woakes 95 the highest score by a No. 8 in ODIs? asked Jamie Stewart from CanadaChris Woakes 95 not out for England in that exciting tie against Sri Lanka at Trent Bridge last week eclipsed the record for the highest score by a No. 8 in a one-day international, previously Thomas Odoyos 84 for Kenya against Bangladesh in Nairobi in August 2006. There have been also been three 83s - by the New Zealanders Jacob Oram and Daniel Vettori, and South Africas Lance Klusener. For the full list, click here.What is the longest fourth innings to force a draw in a Test? asked Mangesh Limaye from India The longest fourth innings in a drawn match came in the famous Timeless Test in Durban in 1938-39, when England - set 696 to win - had reached 654 for 5 from 218.2 eight-ball overs when they had to leave to catch the boat home. Next - and the reccord for a time-limited Test comes another famous England rearguard in South Africa: in Johannesburg in 1995-96, led by Mike Athertons dogged 185 not out in nearly 11 hours; they faced 165 overs to force a draw.dddddddddddd Then comes another timeless Test, when West Indies survived 164.3 overs against England in Kingston in 1929-30, after being set the little matter of 836 to win (they finished with 408 for 5, with George Headley making 223; again England had to leave to catch the boat home). For the full list of the longest fourth innings in draws, click here.Arguably an even more famous match-saving performance came in the third innings of the match in Bridgetown in 1957-58: after Pakistan were forced to follow on 473 behind West Indies, Hanif Mohammad dug in for more than 16 hours to score 337, and his side batted for 319 overs in all. Which player made the highest score in his last Test innings? asked Haresh Sukhraj from Canada The highest score by someone in their final Test innings is 258, by Seymour Nurse for West Indies against New Zealand in Christchurch in 1968-69. Next comes Aravinda de Silvas 206 for Sri Lanka against Bangladesh in Colombo in 2002, and Jason Gillespies 201 not out for Australia v Bangladesh in Chittagong in 2005-06. There are two higher scores by batsmen playing their last Test, who then batted again in the second innings: Andy Sandham made 325 (and 50) for England against West Indies in Kingston in 1929-30, and Bill Ponsford 266 (and 22) for Australia against England at The Oval in 1934.Is it true that Pakistan have not lost a Test series at home (including those played in UAE) in the last ten years ? asked Q Hammad from Pakistan Its not quite true, no: South Africa won a two-Test series in Pakistan 1-0 in 2007-08, winning in Karachi before a draw at Lahore. Pakistans last home defeat before that came early in 2004, when India won a three-match series 2-1. Since Pakistan have been forced to play their home matches in the UAE, they have won four and drawn four of the eight series played. They also drew the two-match series against Australia in England in 2010, which was technically a home rubber too.Send in your questions using our feedback form. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen