Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ting at this high a level, Helton said. I cant tell you how proud I am of them, the way they competed, but more importantly the

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 26.08.2019 07:13
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- Southern California held its final scrimmage Friday, one day before it plans to name a starting quarterback.Whether it changed or confirmed the decision about redshirt junior Max Browne or redshirt freshman Sam Darnold taking the first snap against defending national champion Alabama, no one would say.Safety Chris Hawkins said the quarterback with the No. 4 on his jersey has the edge, which doesnt exactly help because Browne wears No. 4 and Darnold No. 14.Take it however yall want to take it, Hawkins said.Coach Clay Helton will meet with both quarterbacks and their families Saturday to inform them of his decision before announcing a starter via a statement in the afternoon. A formal depth chart could also be released at that time.Browne had the better performance Friday, unofficially completing 13 of 22 passes with two touchdowns and no interceptions leading three scoring drives. Darnold was 10 of 19 with one touchdown and no interceptions, but a perfect 5 of 5 during a two-minute drill against the second-unit defense to conclude practice for his only scoring drive. Browne and Darnold worked equally between first- and second-team, apart from the two-minute drills.Helton said it was one of the better offensive performances of training camp.Both quarterbacks did some nice things, Helton said. Im looking forward to watching the tap tonight and in the morning.The final data point was essentially the reverse of Mondays scrimmage at the Coliseum when Darnold had the more impressive statistics and Browne salvaged the session with a perfect two-minute drill. As Helton pointed out, Browne and Darnold have made the decision on choosing a successor to three-year starter Cody Kessler difficult dating back to spring practices.I think that happens when you have elite quarterbacks competing at this high a level, Helton said. I cant tell you how proud I am of them, the way they competed, but more importantly the camaraderie that they have had in the room and supporting each other and competing against each other. I thanked them today, how they have handled both camps, very proud of both of them and look forward to visiting with them tomorrow.Helton will review film and consult with offensive coordinator Tee Martin, quarterbacks coach Tyson Helton and defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast for their input, but said the final decision would be his.It isnt a choice Helton thought he would have to make when he was promoted to head coach last November. Browne arrived at USC as the top pro-style quarterback in his recruiting class and spent the last two seasons backing up Kessler. Darnold bucked the trend and didnt enroll early, spending last season running the scout team.I always knew Max being who he was ... You knew he would perform well. But to Sams credit, just to be this good this fast is remarkable, Helton said.They push each other, Hawkins said. If Max comes out and throws a 40-yard bomb, Sam comes out and does something amazing as well.Linebacker Cameron Smith is glad he doesnt have to pick.Id say it is pretty close, but thats all I can say, Smith said. They got a tough one tonight.Cornerback Adoree Jackson used the same line about jersey numbers as Hawkins, leading the safety to declare he came up with the joke. On a more serious note, Hawkins is optimistic about the quarterback position regardless of whether Browne or Darnold wins the job.But whoever it is I have confidence in both of the guys, Hawkins said. I think they will get it done no matter what. Nike React Element 55 Baratas . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. Nike Air Force 1 Just Do It Comprar . PAUL, Minn. http://www.airforceonebaratas.com/nike-sf-air-force-1-baratas.html . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. Nike Air Force Just Do It Blancas . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. Nike React Zapatillas . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. ARLINGTON, Texas -- Cole Hamels and Yu Darvish are scheduled to start the next two games for the Texas Rangers, after some extra rest for the aces lined up to start the teams first two playoff games.With more than a week left in the regular season and the Rangers on the verge of clinching their second consecutive AL West title, there is also the opportunity for Hamels and Darvish to get back on track before the postseason after some subpar outings this month.It would be nice for them to go out, throw the ball well and have some success, said manager Jeff Banister, while re-emphasizing that he still sees them as among the best pitchers in the game.There would be a lot of `feel good. Whats necessary is for all our guys to get on that roll, quality pitches, manage the game and go as deep as possible, he said. There is a lot of `feel good satisfaction in that. If everything is in place, you are mentally stronger and relax.All-Star lefty Hamels (14-5, 3.42 ERA) has a 10.50 ERA over his last four starts, though the Rangers have won three of those games.Darvish (5-5, 3.81), who has made only 15 starts this season after missing all of 2015 following Tommy John surgery, allowed a career high-matching seven runs last Saturday against Oakland. He has a 7.47 ERA in his three September games, and is 1-2 with a 6.04 ERA his last five starts.Their names are recognizable because of the work that theyve done, said reliever Jake Diekman, part of the trade that brought Hamels from Philadelphia in a July 2015 trade. Youre going to have peaks and valleys, but those guys are that good because theyre good at not having it go farther than one or two starts. Both of them could throw nine-inning shutouts next start.The Rangers (90-63) had Thursday off, but their magic number for the division title was reduced to one game when second-place Houston lost at home to the Los Angeles Angels.dddddddddddd Texas can wrap up the AL West on Friday with a win at Oakland, or losses by both the Astros (81-72) and Seattle (80-72). The Mariners are a half-game behind Houston, but have played one less game than both the Rangers and Astros.Darvish and Hamels both also had extended rest before their last starts, and each likely will get one more start at home before the playoffs.Hamels will take the mound Friday night for the series opener against the As, seven days after the 2008 World Series MVPs last start.On the final day of the regular season last year, Hamels threw a three-hit complete game in a 9-2 win against the Los Angeles Angels to finally wrap up the division.Darvish is set to pitch Saturday, a week after struggling against the As at home in an outing when, without elaborating, he said he tried to tweak some mechanics in the bullpen before the game.That stuff that I tried ... it didnt work out. It was hard to do on the game mound, so Im probably going to try to be more close to where I was before, Darvish said through his interpreter this week. Im always trying to improve, Im trying to find something better for me to work.Since coming to Texas from Japan before the 2012 season, Darvish has made only postseason start for the Rangers. That was in the AL wild-card game at the end of his first season, when he allowed three runs over 6 2/3 innings in a loss to Baltimore.Right now, I dont want to put too much pressure on myself thinking about playoffs, Darvish said. Coming off the Tommy John surgery, I just need to take care of myself and my focus is one outing at a time. Thats what Im going to do. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen