Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

was his first in 11 starts. Shields previous victory came April 30 in an 8-2 win over Tampa Bay. Since then, the Royals have fai

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 25.08.2019 02:52
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

NEW YORK, N.Y. - Chad Jones NFL career was cut short, so now the former safety is giving baseball another shot. Jones, a third-round pick of the New York Giants in 2010, was selected by the Cincinnati Reds as a left-handed pitcher in the ninth round of the Major League Baseball draft Friday. Jones was a two-sport star at LSU and chose football, but never played for the Giants after severely injuring his left leg in a car accident two months after he was drafted by New York. Both his tibia and fibula were shattered, and his arteries and nerves were left exposed. He has been rehabilitating since, but was waived by the Giants in May 2012 after he failed a physical. So, Jones recently turned his attention back to baseball, and apparently impressed the Reds enough in an open tryout for them to draft him. Its the third time Jones, who pitched and played outfield at LSU, has been selected in the baseball draft. The New York Mets found a familiar name during the second day of the draft. University of Connecticut infielder L.J. Mazzilli, son of Lee, was drafted by the Mets in the fourth round — 40 years after the elder Mazzilli was a first-round pick of New York. LJ Mazzilli helped lead the Huskies to the Big East tournament title and an automatic berth to the NCAA tournament. He hit a team-best .354 with six home runs, 51 RBIs and 29 stolen bases. "Im so excited to be able to have the opportunity that my Dad had 40 years ago," the younger Mazzilli said during a conference call. "Im looking forward to making my own name out there and carrying my last name with a lot of pride." The Yankees also went after famous bloodlines, drafting University of Michigan outfielder Michael ONeill, nephew of Paul, in the third round. "Congrats to my nephew Michael ONeill," Paul ONeill wrote on his Twitter page. "Drafted by the Yankees today!!!" Its the second time Michael ONeill was drafted by the Yankees after being selected in the 42nd round out of high school in 2010. He led the Wolverines in batting average (.356), slugging percentage (.498), on-base percentage (.396), runs scored (46), hits (85), doubles (17), home runs (5) and stolen bases (23) this season. Coastal Carolina outfielder Jacob May, son of Lee May Jr. and grandson of Lee May, was also selected in the third round. Northwestern right-hander Luke Farrell, son of Red Sox manager John Farrell, was drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the sixth round. Georgia Tech outfielder Kyle Wren was taken in the eighth round by the Atlanta Braves, whose general manager is his father Frank. Cal State Fullerton catcher Chad Wallach, the son of former All-Star third baseman Tim Wallach, was drafted in the fifth round by the Miami Marlins. Five Canadians were also taken in the draft. Edmontons Rob Zastryzny, a left-handed pitcher, was taken 41st overall in the second round by the Chicago Cubs. Right-fielder Tyler ONeill of Maple Ridge, B.C., was picked by the Seattle Mariners in the third round. Victorias Nick Pivetta, a righty, was drafted in the fourth round by the Washington Nationals. Lefty Travis Seabrooke of Peterborough, Ont., went in the fifth round to the Baltimore Orioles and shortstop Malik Collymore of Mississauga, Ont., was selected in the 10th round by St. Louis. The wait finally ended for Jon Denney, an Oklahoma high school catcher who was drafted 81st overall by Boston after being the only one of nine prospects in attendance at the draft site at MLB Network Studios in Secaucus, N.J., on Thursday night not selected. "This is awesome," Denney wrote on Twitter shortly after being drafted. "I have been a Red Sox fan my whole life! Ever since I started watching MLB baseball, now Im a part of their organization!" Rounds 3-10 were held via conference call with each team, with rounds 11-40 to be completed Saturday. Houston selected Stanford pitcher Mark Appel with the No. 1 overall pick Thursday night. The Astros opened the second day by taking another college pitcher, drafting University of North Carolina left-hander Kent Emanuel with the first pick of the third round. Ondrej Kase Jersey . On June 12, just as the sun sets on the magnificent historical city of Sao Paulo the inventors, innovators and purveyors of “joga bonitowill” open their campaign. The opponent, Croatia and all its football might and will. As opposites do attract we are set for a corker of an opener. Carter Rowney Jersey . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. http://www.authenticduckspro.com/Ryan-getzlaf-ducks-jersey/ . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. Ryan Kesler Ducks Jersey . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. Jakob Silfverberg Jersey .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. MINNEAPOLIS -- The Kansas City Royals have won the last six games started by James Shields, though its hard to tell by looking at his record. "I think my two-month anniversary was coming up of not getting a win," Shields said Friday night after throwing six solid innings in the Royals 9-3 victory over the Minnesota Twins. Shields (3-6) earned his 90th career win, although it was his first in 11 starts. Shields previous victory came April 30 in an 8-2 win over Tampa Bay. Since then, the Royals have failed to give Shields much run support. But it was a different story on Friday. Kansas City had a season-high four homers, two from Eric Hosmer, and one apiece from Billy Butler and Mike Moustakas. Butler started things off with a three-run shot in the first. "I cant remember the last time Shields has had a lead, I mean seriously, I cant remember," Royals manager Ned Yost said. In fact, Friday marked the first time since that April 30 win that Shields had a lead of more than one run. "Is that opening day?" Hosmer joked. "This is what our offence is capable of doing, and we feel confident that we can put up a lot of runs and then put up days like this." Clete Thomas homered for the Twins, who got another rough start from P.J. Walters (2-4). Walters allowed six runs in three innings, one start after giving up six in the first at Cleveland last Saturday. The Royals entered the game with the fewest home runs in the majors (43) -- two behind Miami -- and had given Shields some of the worst run support in the league. But the veteran right-hander had a three-run lead by the time he took the mound for the first time Friday, thanks to Butler. "I think after that first swing, it really opened us up as an offence and we just kept getting the big hit or the big swing with guys in scoring position," Hosmer said. "Hopefully we can put up more offensive outings like that for Shields." Shields never allowed Minnesota to get close the rest of the way. Walters, on the other hand, never found a rhythm. Down 4-0 in the third, he allowed a two-run homer to Moustakas and drew a chorus of boos from the home crowd. "Walters juust couldnt make any pitches and couldnt get the ball where he wanted to," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said.dddddddddddd "Just a bad night for him." Walters has allowed 12 runs in his last 3 2-3 innings. "We all have games where we struggle," Walters said. "Everybody in the league has them. Ive just put two of them in a row together. In my eyes its unacceptable. To the team Im sure it is, too." Anthony Swarzak took over for Walters in the fourth and gave up a solo shot to Hosmer in the fifth. Hosmer got Swarzak again in the seventh, this time with Alcides Escobar on base, for the second multihomer game of his career. The offensive outburst was a welcome change for Shields, who had been stuck on 89 wins for his previous 10 starts despite putting up quality numbers. He entered Friday nights game with the eighth-best ERA in the AL (2.92), third in innings (111) and eighth in strikeouts (99). But his run support of 3.00 per nine innings pitched was second-lowest in the league. "This teams been grinding all season long," Shields said. "We won the last six of my games, and I have no doubt in my mind that were just going to keep going up from here." The Twins broke through against Shields in the fourth when Justin Morneau hit an RBI double. Morneau came around to score three batters later on a double by Brian Dozier. Thomas led off the fifth with a homer to right. Shields worked 6 1-3 innings before being pulled for Tim Collins. NOTES: Rain delayed the first pitch by 26 minutes. ... Hosmers last multihomer game came on Aug. 31, 2011, at Detroit. ... Ryan Doumit returned to Minnesotas lineup after missing a couple games with a sore ankle. .. Twins RHP Mike Pelfrey (back) is expected to begin a rehab assignment next week with Class-A Cedar Rapids. ... Yost said RHP Felipe Paulino has developed soreness in his throwing shoulder and will not pitch on Sunday as part of his rehab assignment at Double-A Northwest Arkansas. ... The Royals and Twins play the third of their four-game series on Saturday when Wade Davis takes his 4-5 record to the mound against Minnesotas Kyle Gibson, who makes his major league debut. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen