Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

er than five hours -- and, more than three years later, the confidence the 31-year-old Wawrinka gained is still with him.Thats w

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 23.08.2019 02:26
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

South Koreas Wang Jeunghun will take a three-shot lead into the final round of the Nedbank Golf Challenge after a stunning third-round 64 at Sun City.Wang was just 20 when he became the youngest player in European Tour history to win consecutive events earlier this season after victories in the Hassan Trophy and the AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open.And the 21-year-old has a third win firmly in his sights after defying a swirling wind to card six birdies and an eagle at the Gary Player Country Club to finish 11 under par.The world No.91 birdied the first, second, fourth and sixth to reach the turn in 32 before a brilliant approach to the par-five 10th set up an eagle from just three feet.Further birdies on the 11th and 18th gave Wang a three-shot lead over former Open champion Louis Oosthuizen, who had drawn level on the 16th but then three-putted the last two holes.I hit it really well today, Wang said. I played really good and Im really happy to have made this far. It was a fantastic round for me.I saw my shot on the 10th on the leaderboard screens and it was really lucky. The ball hit the rough twice and then kicked right and almost hit the hole. I had a lucky day today.I dont want to think about a win right now. I just want to focus on the last 18 holes and just try to do the same as today.Oosthuizen was annoyed by his poor finish, adding: I would have been a lot calmer right now if I was one behind instead of three, but I played nicely.I cant really look at what happened on the last two greens. I got the pace on both of the first putts wrong. Its not nice finishing like that, but Im hitting it well so Im looking forward to tomorrow.Englands Andy Sullivan, who was playing alongside Wang, is four shots off the pace after an excellent 68, with Branden Grace and overnight leader Alex Noren on five under after rounds of 71 and 75 respectively.Race to Dubai leader Henrik Stenson finished his round in style with birdies on the 17th and 18th, a second 69 of the week leaving the Open champion on four under.The 40-year-old can win the Race to Dubai with a victory this week if nearest rival Danny Willett finishes outside the top 10, but the Masters champion carded a much-needed 67 to get back to level par for the tournament and into a tie for 16th.As everyone knows its been a tricky few weeks, Willett told Sky Sports 4. Today the head was in a better place and we scored better around a golf course we know well, put it in better positions where you can score from even if you dont hit great shots.Obviously Henriks still played some good golf, but it was nice not to fall too far back. A good day tomorrow and hopefully we can stay on his tail.I withdrew from the World Cup yesterday due to the back possibly not holding up and maybe thats eased you off, knowing you now just have to concentrate on these things.Tomorrow will be a pretty big day. Were too far off the lead, but certainly not too far off having a really nice finish if we can get another low score in.Stenson, who has a lead of more than 250,000 points over Willett, said: It was a tricky day out there. I didnt play my best by any means. I had to fight hard and got back into it on the back nine with a couple of good shots.Im just trying to have a good week. My goal was always to come into the last one and have it in my own hands and no matter what happens here tomorrow I will have that, so I have to play some good golf newt week to wrap it up. Antonio Brown Jersey . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. Ronnie Lott Raiders Jersey . 1, meaning problems for the doping controls at both major international sports events next year. The World Anti-Doping Agency provisionally suspended the Moscow Antidoping Center on Sunday, saying its operations must improve or a six-month ban on the facilitys accreditation will be imposed. http://www.footballraidersmall.com/Youth-Jim-Plunkett-Elite-Jersey/ . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. Maxx Crosby Youth Jersey . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. Hunter Renfrow Womens Jersey . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. NEW YORK -- Stanislas Wawrinka, as he was known then, had lost to Novak Djokovic 10 straight times when they met in the fourth round of the 2013 Australian Open.Wawrinka, summoning something from deep within, pushed the world No. 1 to his outer limits before losing 12-10 in the fifth set. The match lasted longer than five hours -- and, more than three years later, the confidence the 31-year-old Wawrinka gained is still with him.Thats when I start to believe and realize myself that, Yeah, maybe I can beat top player in Grand Slam, Wawrinka said Friday. It took me little time. I did it step by step by coming back into the top 10, by making first quarter, French, first semifinal.Based on the head-to-head record, Sundays US Open mens final between No. 1 Djokovic and No. 3 Wawrinka would seem to be a mismatch. Djokovic, the best player in tennis for five years now, maintains a 19-4 margin.But in the crucible of the Grand Slams, Wawrinka has become a different, dominant player.Two years ago at the Australian Open, he beat Djokovic 9-7 in the fifth set of their quarterfinal match, and then tagged No. 1-ranked Rafael Nadal in the final. It was Wawrinkas first major title, and it changed the trajectory of his career. The second came last year at Roland Garros, when he beat Djokovic in an astonishing four-set final.So, Djokovic said after beating Gael Monfils in a wacky four-set semifinal, both of these Grand Slam trophies that he has, he won against me on the way. So I know right now, having two Grand Slam titles and Olympic medal and Davis Cup under his belt, he believes in himself more.Hes a big-match player. He loves to play in the big stage against big players, because thats when he, I think, elevates his level of performance in his game.According to Wawrinka, who beat Kei Nishikori in four sets in the semifinals, playing against Djokovic leaves him no choice.The secret is simple: I have to play my best tennis, my best game, Wawrinka said. Hes the No. 1 player, amazing fighter, amazing player, but I have enough confidence in myself that when I play my best level I can beat him.When you play Novak, thhe No.dddddddddddd 1 player in the final of Grand Slam, its the biggest challenge you can have.And that challenge will be bigger Sunday because of the way this fortnight has unfolded.Djokovic, who came in nursing right arm and left wrist injuries, received some extraordinary luck when three opponents were forced to quit: Jiri Vesely (withdrew from second-round match), Mikhail Youzhny (retired in the third round after six games) and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (retired in the quarterfinals after two sets).While Wawrinka has played a draining 23 sets and 237 games, Djokovic is at 13 sets, 118 games. He has a chance to tie or surpass the record for fewest sets and games in an Open era major that featured a 128-man draw and only best-of-five-set matches. John McEnroe won the 1979 US Open playing 16 sets and 150 games.Wawrinka, who needed to save a match point against Dan Evans in the third round, has slowly rounded into form. In his past two matches, against Juan Martin del Potro and Nishikori, Wawrinka seemed to get stronger as time went on.I had no pain so far, Wawrinka said Friday. Im quite happy with my body where I am, and we will see now in two days. Hopefully Im going to be fresh enough with Novak, who didnt have too much time on the court.Aesthetically, this is a pleasing matchup. Djokovic said Wawrinka has the best one-handed backhand in the business and admires his variety. Wawrinka, who will be the more aggressive player on offense, acknowledges Djokovic as perhaps the games best defender.For Wawrinka, it all goes back to that match three years ago in Melbourne.I saw so many players not even thinking they can beat [the Big Four] when they step on the court, he said. I always try to believe in something, that maybe one day I can beat them, and thats what happen in the past few years.Wawrinka has won two of the past three meetings against Djokovic in Slams. On this occasion, the intertwined yin-yang of Wawrinkas belief will have to overcome a huge physical disadvantage. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen