Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

the Australians: MRI equipment required for scans is not available in Kandy, meaning he will have to travel to Colombo for full

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 23.08.2019 02:23
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

As mountain biker Lea Davison prepares for her second Olympics, two things give her peace of mind. First, this isnt her first rodeo, er, singletrack. As a wide-eyed newbie in London four years ago, the Jericho, Vermont native never expected to medal and was happy with her 11th-place finish. Now, with a silver medal from this months UCI 2016 Mountain Bike World Championships in the Czech Republic, shes feeling much more confident going into Rio.The second calming thought is knowing that no matter what happens at the Games in August, the 33-year-old already has an enormous fan base of 7- to 16-year-old girls -- girls whove learned mountain biking as part of the nonprofit Davison created called Little Bellas.It makes it easier to have this whole army of little girls who are just so excited that Im there. It really puts it in perspective, says Davison, who is the director and co-founder with younger sister, Sabra (who she lovingly calls Sabe), of the Little Bellas. Since its inception in 2007, the nonprofit has helped more than 2,000 girls across the country get on a bike.And those new bikers are unequivocal fans. One time, Davison recalls having a subpar finish in a team relay race, but the girls didnt care at all. Sabe was like, Lea, I was watching the live feed with our overnight campers and they were like, Wow, Leas in ninth! Just to hear they were so psyched means that results dont really matter. Its the fact that Im out there, doing this, and I have this opportunity to meet these little girls and have an impact. I would say that helps take the pressure off.Today, Little Bellas offers 24 non-competitive programs in eight states and sees about 500 girls, on average, a summer. The younger girls focus on getting comfortable on bikes over time and having fun on the trails. As the girls get older, they shift to more serious biking, with training in nutrition, maneuvering challenging terrain, and becoming a mentor and role model to others. Though Davison is a full-time athlete, she serves as a sounding board for executive director Sabe, helping to devise the curriculum and teaching the girls to ride.Her dedication to the Little Bellas has been no different this Olympic year. Though its definitely a balancing act, she admits, especially leading up to the world championships and Rio. I could be exhausted from a three-to-four-hour training ride, and feel like, Ugh, how am I going to go to the Little Bellas tonight? Ill eat lots of snacks and drag myself over. Once there, Im surrounded by so much energy that its never a problem. Im like, OK, here we go! Its really fun.Part of her own grueling training program includes motor pacing, which means drafting behind her coach of 11 years, Andy Bishop, on a motorized scooter. Well go out for two to three hours. Its really intense, but its really the best training, especially for Rio. Davison got to preview the fast and technical, mostly man-made mountain bike course in Rio during a two-day Olympic test event last October. Its very much a power course, she says of the race route that features rock gardens, drops, jumps, and significant climbs.Davison has also added more strength training in the gym than ever before. In the offseason, she lifted six times a week, focusing on activating her muscles with a level of instability, by doing exercises like single-leg moves on a Bosu ball. The goal: to force muscles to find balance, which is crucial when shes out on the trail. Harnessing this kind of strength has been a huge part of her Rio build up.Despite the tight schedule and the stress of the upcoming Games, she swears its all worth it. Helping a little girl develop confidence is motivating to me. That helps me balance it all. Also, my sister and I started this program, so its our baby. Were extremely invested in it. And, really, I wouldnt be able to do this without Sabe -- she runs the show and creates this platform for me to make an impact. She adds, Theres a village behind every Olympian. Sabe is the mayor of that village [for me].Davison will compete in Rio on Aug. 20, and with two world championship medals (a bronze in 2014 and the most recent silver), she could end up on the Olympic podium as well. And you better believe the Little Bellas will be tuning in to cheer her on. Were planning a viewing party at this local college where the auditorium seats 100. Were a little worried it wont fit everyone. Were also having a Little Bellas send-off at the airport when I leave for Rio, says Davison, who will also have a welcome home party when she returns -- with or without a medal. Brayden McNabb Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Reilly Smith Jersey . Datsyuk will miss Tuesdays game against New Jersey and could be sidelined longer, while Cleary will likely miss at least the next three games. Its been an injury-plagued season for Datsyuk, who has suited up for just 39 games. http://www.goldenknightssale.com/authentic-reilly-smith-golden-knights-jersey/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. Jon Merrill Golden Knights Jersey . A forerunning sled crashed into the worker Thursday at the Sanki Sliding Center. The unidentified worker broke both legs and was airlifted to a nearby hospital. Custom Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys . Gather a group of friends, or find a league to join online, draft your team, set your lineup and compete in a number of different formats. Adam Zampa or Jon Holland may soon fly to Sri Lanka to replenish Australias spin stocks after Steve OKeefe suffered an injury to his right hamstring on day three of the Pallekele Test match.In a bad sign for his prospects of being fit in time for the second Test in Galle next week, OKeefe was unable to complete his 17th over before leaving the field, and did not re-emerge for the remainder of the day as the hosts motored to a substantial lead.The young batsman Kusal Mendis prospered in OKeefes absence, and said the lack of a spinner turning the ball away from the bat was a big advantage. He proved he was the biggest threat to the right-handers, Mendis said. The injury to OKeefe is a setback to Australia for sure.OKeefes injury is not only tactically troubling but also a logistical problem for the Australians: MRI equipment required for scans is not available in Kandy, meaning he will have to travel to Colombo for full assessment of the injury. Even if OKeefe is a chance of recovering in time for what is likely to be a sharply turning wicket in Galle, the tour selectors Rod Marsh and Darren Lehmann may see fit to fly in one of Holland or Zampa.I feel sorry for Steve, hes one of my good mates and to see him injure himself Im not sure where hes at, but to see him go off the field and for Australia to lose a vital member of our bowling attack is a pretty big loss for us, Lyon said. Asked about whetherr he might need spin support in Galle, he said: Im confident in my own skill to get the job done, but I dont pick and choose the team.ddddddddddddOf the two spin bowlers, the legspinner Zampa has spent more recent time around the Australian limited-overs team, and is currently playing in the Caribbean Premier League. Holland, a left-arm orthodox bowler, has impressed in all his recent opportunities for Victoria, including a pivotal role in their Sheffield Shield final victory over South Australia. He is currently in Brisbane with Australia A.For Lyon, the days events took some gloss away from the achievement of claiming 200 test wickets, making him the first Australian offspiner to do so. He had struck early in the day with the wicket of Angelo Mathews, caught off bat and pad, but had to wait another several hours before the 200th victim arrived, Dhananjaya de Silva beaten in flight and pushing a catch to mid-off.Im very proud of it, but in saying that it probably hasnt really sunk in yet in the middle of a pretty hard Test match, Lyon said. Ill look back at it at the end of this Test match or the end of the series and look at the achievement. But I cant wipe the smile off my face, thats for sure, its been a pretty good ride so far, hopefully theres a few more to come. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen