Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

itch Kupchak, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and other representatives of the team met Tuesday for about two hours with free agent ce

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 19.08.2019 02:59
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and other representatives of the team met Tuesday for about two hours with free agent centre Dwight Howard to make their pitch for keeping him in Los Angeles. "At the meeting, we told him how important he is to the Lakers team, franchise, fans and community, and why we feel this is the best place for him to continue his career," Kupchak said in a statement released by the team. "We are hopeful that Dwight decides to remain a Laker." Howard became one of the NBAs most coveted free agents when free agency opened Monday. The Lakers have made no secret they want to keep him. The Houston Rockets, the Dallas Mavericks and the Atlanta Hawks also are interested. Howards first, and perhaps only, season in Los Angeles was a disappointment, ending in a first-round playoff sweep, and he acknowledged being unhappy at times. But the Lakers want to keep the former Defensive Player of the Year, believing the extra year and about $30 million more they can give him will provide a huge advantage. The Lakers can offer a maximum of $118 million over five seasons, and other teams can offer $88 million over four years. Courtland Sutton Broncos Jersey . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Phillip Lindsay Jersey . -- Brandon Jennings made the most of his first game with the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Joe-Flacco-Jersey/ . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. Karl Mecklenburg Broncos Jersey . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. John Elway Youth Jersey . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Trevor Bauer was already in a foul mood when he learned he would start the Cleveland Indians first game of the American League Division Series on Thursday against the Boston Red Sox.After giving up two runs and three hits in the sixth inning of the Indians 6-3 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Saturday, Bauer was told by manager Terry Francona in the dugout he would start the postseason opener.I told him why I was taking him out -- because he was going to start Game 1, Francona said. But he was kind of in the middle of beating up the dugout. So much for that feel-good moment.Bauer threw 96 pitches, tuning up for the postseason by striking out nine over six innings of three-run ball.I have a lot of confidence in my teammates and hopefully they have confidence in me, Bauer said. It should be fun. Like I said before, they tell me when to pitch and I go out there and pitch. Game 1, Game 2, Game 3, or whatever, theyre all important.Cy Young Award candidate Corey Kluber will pitch Game 2 on Friday after throwing a bullpen session Sunday. Kluber has not pitched since leaving a start Monday because of a quadriceps injury.Hell throw an extended side on Tuesday, which will line him up for Friday, Francona said.dddddddddddd Klub really wanted to pitch Thursday. Weve been talking about it for three or four days, but I just kind of overruled him.In fact, I know its the right thing for everybody. I dont think its fair for Kluber to have him sit for 10 days and have him pitch two games in four days (possibly in the postseason). He certainly wanted to. I kind of -- again not just me -- but talking to everybody -- I just took it out of his hands. Now he can prepare for Game 2. He can do that without the anxiety and worry or rushing.Kluber, who won the 2014 AL Cy Young Award and is a top contender for the honor this year, is 18-9 with a 3.14 ERA.The Indians are already without starting pitchers Carlos Carrasco, who is out for the season because of a nondisplaced fracture in his right pinkie finger, and Danny Salazar, who threw a bullpen session Wednesday and could throw a simulated game Monday, as he tries to make his way back from a strained right forearm. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen