Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

eturn to action for Manchester City over the weekend.As he was leaving the field after scoring both of Citys goals in a 2-1 win

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 18.08.2019 02:45
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Hosting the Grey Cup game was often the kiss of death for CFL teams. Prior to 2011, only three clubs had ever won it as the host city -- the 1994 B.C. Lions, 77 Montreal Alouettes and 72 Hamilton Tiger-Cats. But B.C. and the Toronto Argonauts have bucked that tradition with convincing Grey Cup victories in their home stadiums the past two seasons. This years Grey Cup will be played Nov. 24 at Mosaic Stadium. But recent history has convinced Saskatchewan Roughriders head coach Corey Chamblin that his team is destined to reap the benefits of home-field advantage playing the big game before its rabid fans. "If it was guaranteed like that, then Id start playing the 6-49 and find a pattern there," Chamblin said with a chuckle. "If I had to put a percentage on it, Id say Ive thought about that (continuing recent Grey Cup trend) maybe one per cent. "I honestly think it just happens that way, I dont think guys play with any extra juice or anything like that. Now, it would be great being at our house but I dont think about whats happened the last two years." The 2013 season kicks off Thursday night with Winnipeg hosting the Montreal Alouettes at Investors Group Field. The Bombers were scheduled to move into the new stadium last year but construction delays forced them to remain at Canad Inns Stadium. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats visit Toronto on Friday night to renew their long-standing rivalry. The Argonauts are scheduled to unfurl their 2012 championship banner prior to the contest. Later on Friday, the B.C. Lions are at Calgary in a rematch of last years West Division final won by the Stampeders. The Edmonton Eskimos host Saskatchewan on Saturday to cap the opening week. Saskatchewan last won the Grey Cup in 2007 but came agonizingly close in 2009 when Damon Duvals 33-yard field goal on the final play earned Montreal a 28-27 victory. Duval had missed from 43 yards out to seemingly give the Riders a 27-25 win, but a too many men penalty gave Duval a reprieve from 10 yards closer. The Riders will look to improve last years 8-10 record that left them third in the conference before losing a 36-30 semifinal decision to Calgary. GM Brendan Taman took steps in that direction this off-season, signing defensive back Dwight Anderson, linebackers Rey Williams and Tristan Black and defensive linemen John Chick and Ricky Foley as free agents while trading for defensive lineman Jermaine McElveen. But his biggest move was acquiring slotback Geroy Simon from B.C. in January. The six-foot, 198-pound Simon is the CFLs all-time receiving yards leader and needs just 29 catches to break Ben Cahoons league mark of 1,017 career receptions. "Theres definitely a sense of excitement around here with all the additions that have been made," said Foley, the top Canadian in Torontos 35-22 win over Calgary in the 100th Grey Cup last year. "As a veteran, I know you dont win the Grey Cup on paper and every team made moves in the off-season to put themselves in a position to win it. "But I think its known around the league what this team has done, the guys theyve brought in and what theyre trying to do and theyre making that push for the hometown Cup." Simon was a two-time Grey Cup champion and six-time all-star over 12 seasons in B.C. but missed five games last year with hamstring ailments. He finished with 54 catches for 700 yards and two TDs, the first time in 10 seasons Simon hadnt cracked the 1,000-yard receiving plateau. Saskatchewan is counting on the 37-year-old returning to form and taking some heat off speedy Weston Dressler (94 catches, 1,206 yards, 13 TDs). "Obviously, his on-field play speaks for itself," said Taman. "His value to our team on and off the field is going to be immense. "Geroys got some points to prove to a lot of people he still can play so I think theres a lot of bonuses to doing it." The addition of Simon certainly boosts Saskatchewans experience level, but Chamblin said a successful squad needs a blend of veteran savvy and youth. "If I was a position coach, Id just take the younger guy because Id want to mould him my way," Chamblin said. "But as far as being a head coach, youve got to have a balance of both." Getting out of the West Division wont be easy for the Riders as B.C. (league-best 13-5 record last year) and Calgary (defending conference champions) both look strong. New Edmonton GM Ed Hervey takes over a team that despite its 7-11 record still made the playoffs last year. Meanwhile in Toronto, quarterback Ricky Ray and CFL MVP Chad Owens both return to help the Argos defend their title. But gone are defensive linemen Foley, Ron Flemons and Kevin Huntley (both released), Armondo Armstead (New England Patriots, NFL) and Adriano Belli (retired), linebackers Black and Ejiro Kuale (free agent, Montreal), defensive backs Jordan Younger (retired), Pacino Horne (released) and Evan McCollough (free agent, Hamilton) and kicker/punter Noel Prefontaine (released). Two East Division clubs will sport new head coaches in 2013. Kent Austin, who guided Saskatchewan to its 07 title, returns to the CFL sidelines with Hamilton while Dan Hawkins takes over in Montreal. Austin takes over a Tiger-Cats squad that finished tied with Winnipeg with a league-worst 6-12 record. Austin, a Grey Cup champion as a player, assistant coach and head coach, faces two big challenges with the Ticats. Theyre minus big-play receiver Chris Williams, who remains embroiled in a bitter contract dispute, and must play their home games in Guelph, Ont., while a new facility is being built where venerable Ivor Wynne Stadium once stood. The Ticats are scheduled to move into the new stadium, which will host the 2015 Pam American Games soccer competition, next season. Hawkins, 52, begins his first season in Canada with huge shoes to fill. He replaces Marc Trestman, who guided Montreal to a 59-31 regular-season record and two Grey Cup titles in five years before becoming the Chicago Bears head coach. Hawkins spent the last two seasons as a college football analyst at ESPN but possesses an extensive NCAA coaching resume. He has little familiarity with three-down football, but Trestman also had no previous CFL coaching experience when he arrived in Montreal. Fortunately for Hawkins, quarterback Anthony Calvillo, 40, returns for a 20th CFL season. Pro footballs all-time passing leader flourished under Trestman, winning two Grey Cups and two CFL outstanding player awards while being named a league all-star three times over their five seasons together. But Calvillo isnt the leagues oldest player. That distinction belongs to B.C. kicker Paul McCallum, 43, who is gearing up for his 20th CFL campaign. Ironically, with Ottawa slated to return to the CFL next season, McCallum is the lone remaining active player to have played for the former Rough Riders franchise, which folded in 1996. The CFL wont have RONA as a national sponsor this year and Scotiabank is scheduled to leave at seasons end. But its new TV deal should soften the blow. League sources say the CFLs five-year agreement with TSN/RDS is worth about $43 million annually, almost triple the existing deal which expires at seasons end. This years 77 league games (72 regular season, four playoff and Grey Cup) will be televised. The 2014 broadcast schedule will expand to 84 contests with Ottawas expected return. Myles Garrett Browns Jersey .com) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to halt their longest losing streak of the season when they host the struggling New York Islanders in tonights clash at the Bell Centre. Nick Chubb Womens Jersey . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. http://www.brownsrookiestore.com/Browns-Ozzie-Newsome-Jersey/ . The No. 1-ranked Nadal tweaked his back warming up for the Australian Open final, which he lost almost four weeks ago in a major upset against Stanislas Wawrinka. His first stop after the layoff is the clay in Rio as he tests the back and tries to stay healthy for the French Open in three months. Jarvis Landry Browns Jersey . Any real chance at payback wont come until the playoff. Still, Pittsburgh knows its taut 3-2 win over the Bruins on Wednesday night is a pretty good place to start laying the groundwork. "They are a very good defensive team," Penguins forward Brandon Sutter said. Sione Takitaki Womens Jersey . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. MANCHESTER, England -- There was pure elation at Yaya Toures goal-scoring return to action for Manchester City over the weekend.As he was leaving the field after scoring both of Citys goals in a 2-1 win over Crystal Palace, he was given a warm hug by coach Pep Guardiola. As he walked into the dressing room, he was given a standing ovation by his teammates.Among the fans spilling onto the playing surface amid the celebrations after Toures 83rd-minute winning goal was a man who was holding a young girl with his right arm and punching the air with his left.These joyous moments have been a long time coming for Toure.A player who will go down in the history books as one of Citys greatest players, Toure has been virtually ostracized since Guardiola took charge in the offseason. The main reason for that was Toures agent, Dimitri Seluk, who Guardiola clearly dislikes because of Seluks open criticism toward him.But it also had something to do with Toure himself, with Guardiola regarding Toure as too bulky and not fit enough to perform the type of hard-working pressing game that the Spanish coach wants from his players.It was a lean-looking Toure who took to the field against Palace on Saturday for only his second appearance of the season, and first since a virtually meaningless Champions League playoff match on Aug. 24. It was one of the most surprising selections of the season.Somewhat surprisingly, Toure played the full 90 minutes, despite his lack of recent game time, and proved to be the match-winner once again for City.Just like old times.His weight is perfect now, Guardiola said, and theres no doubt about his quality.Guardiola spoke in glowing terms about a player he sold when at Barcelona and then has overlooked in his short time at City, saying Toure is now a real part of the team and can help us achieve our targets.Theres even a chance Toure could be part of Citys squad for the knockout stage of the Champions League, should the club advance. Toure wasnt included in the squad for the group stage, so will lose hhis place when City plays Borussia Moenchengladbach on Wednesday.dddddddddddd.If we are able to qualify in the Champions League, I will sit with my staff and we will decide who are the best players to help us to achieve what we want in the Champions League, Guardiola said.Ive spoken many times in the last month with Yaya because he was my player with Barcelona, I know him very well. I know how he is as a player. As a player, there is no doubt. If there was a doubt, he would not be here. He is another guy to compete with our midfield players.Toure, however, is unlikely to regain the untouchable status he had under Roberto Mancini and -- for most of his three-year reign -- Manuel Pellegrini.He is 33 years old and no longer the dynamic midfielder who powered City to significant victories and trophies since joining from Barcelona in 2010. His latest contract expires at the end of the season.Also, he has so much competition in midfield these days, with Fernandinho and Ilkay Gundogan ahead of him in the pecking order as central midfielders and both David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne in front of him as attacking midfielders.Guardiola also has Fabian Delph, who is currently injured, and Fernando as other midfield options, as well as talented youngster Aleix Garcia.But Toure remains a great option for Guardiola to have. This weekend, for example, Guardiola turned to Toure after giving Gundogan and Silva a rest as they played twice for their countries in the international break.As backups go, there are worse options.I knew, Toure said, that one day my manager would need me.And his teammates are delighted that one of Citys greatest ever players is back. Toures departure from Etihad Stadium might not be so ugly, after all.It has not been easy for him in the past few weeks, City right back Bacary Sagna said. He kept working really hard in training, stayed professional, and that was his just reward. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen