Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

to Oklahoma City after that game. He wasnt as sharp early on Tuesday, but starting rolling in the fourth, pitching a 1-2-3 innin

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 18.08.2019 02:44
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

HOUSTON -- When the Houston Astros brought up Jonathan Villar from Triple-A they raved about his ability to make things happen when he gets on base. In just his second major league game, Villar showed exactly what they were talking about. Villar scored the winning run from second base in the ninth inning when catcher Derek Norris had a passed ball and then made a bad throw to first base on the same play to give the Astros a 5-4 win over the Oakland Athletics on Tuesday night. "Im running hard every time," said Villar, a speedy shortstop who stole 31 bases in Triple-A this season. Houston ended a 10-game losing streak against the As this season and a six-game skid overall. The Astros trailed 4-2 entering the ninth before Matt Dominguez hit a two-run homer off closer Grant Balfour (0-2) to tie it. "It got a little bit ugly, and I didnt make good pitches," Balfour said. "I should have never put the team in that situation. Im better than that." The home run ended a franchise-record streak of 44 saves for Balfour, the sixth longest run in major league history. It was his first blown save since April 29, 2012. "It was a good run," Balfour said. "I should have had more, but I guess 44 is a remarkable number, so you cant be too upset about it. Were starting all over again. To me, its just a number, but Im happy I did it." Justin Maxwell hit an infield single to start the ninth and advanced to second when Balfour attempted to make a throw to first from his knees and bounced it in the dirt for an error. The homer by Dominguez bounced off the wall in left-centre as Coco Crisp desperately tried to climb to grab it. Villar, who finished with three hits, doubled with one out, and Jose Altuve walked before the defensive miscue ended it. "It speaks to the resilience of that group in there," Houston manager Bo Porter said of the rally. "Every once in a while good things like this happen because you put yourself in position when you just keep fighting." Brandon Moss put Oakland on top 4-2 with a two-run homer in the eighth inning. Josh Fields (1-1) pitched a scoreless ninth for the win. The game was tied 2-2 when reliever Jose Cisnero plunked Josh Donaldson with two outs. Moss then sent a 95 mph fastball into the second deck in right field for his 17th homer. Houston starter Jarred Cosart, yielded seven hits and two runs -- one earned -- in seven innings in his second major league start after being recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City on Tuesday. Cosart, Houstons top pitching prospect, grew up in the Houston suburb of League City. He left more than 60 tickets for friends and family to see his first major league game in Houston. "I couldnt feel any part of my body in the first inning," Cosart said. "There was a lot pressure, no matter what anyone says. Pitching in front of 30-something thousand, and I feel like I know half of them." Oakland starter Jarrod Parker allowed five hits and one earned run in seven innings. The Athletics took a 1-0 lead when Moss reached on an error by third baseman Dominguez that allowed Jed Lowrie to score in the first inning. Villar got things going for Houston with a double in the first. The Astros tied it 1-1 with back-to-back singles by Altuve and Jason Castro. The bases were loaded in the third when Moss grounded into a double play that Crisp scored on to put Oakland up 2-1. The 23-year-old Cosart took a no-hitter into the seventh inning and got the win in his debut against Tampa Bay just before the break, allowing two hits and no runs in eight-plus innings. He was sent to Oklahoma City after that game. He wasnt as sharp early on Tuesday, but starting rolling in the fourth, pitching a 1-2-3 inning. Crisp singled with one out in the fifth, but Cosart faced the minimum in that inning after Houston turned a double play. Donaldson hit a one-out double in the sixth before Cosart retired the next two batters to end the threat. Pinch-hitter Yoenis Cespedes grounded into a double play in the seventh to erase a leadoff walk by Chris Young. Eric Sogard doubled, but Cosart finished his night by battling Crisp on a seven-pitch at-bat before he struck him out looking, leaving Crisp angrily shaking his head at the plate. Barnes robbed Young of a hit with a nifty diving catch in centre field in the fourth inning. NOTES: The series wraps up on Wednesday when Oaklands A.J. Griffin opposes Bud Norris ... CF Barnes left before the seventh with a mild left calf strain. ... Cespedes, the Home Run Derby champ, was out of the starting lineup for the fifth straight game because of a sore left wrist. ... As LHP Brett Anderson, on the disabled list since May 1 with a stress fracture in his right foot, is scheduled to throw 45 pitches in a bullpen session on Wednesday. He felt good after throwing 35 pitches on Monday. ... Longtime former Astros announcer Milo Hamilton, who had the memorable call on Henry Aarons 715th home run, said Tuesday that he is giving up on his quest to call a game from his 60th ballpark because he is no longer able to fly because of poor health. Though he retired at the end of last season, he had hoped to travel to Target Field in Minnesota so he could reach the milestone. He is currently undergoing chemotherapy for treatment of a chronic form of leukemia he has had since the 1970s, but says he is feeling good. Nick Bosa Womens Jersey . Miikka Kiprusoff had just announced his retirement after a decade-long run in Calgary and it would be up to Berra and Ramo to fill the void. Deion Sanders Jersey . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans. http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/Youth-Tom-Rathman-49ers-Jersey/ . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. Joe Montana 49ers Jersey .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem. Patrick Willis Jersey . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- James Blackmon Jr. and the Indiana Hoosiers made quick work of overmatched Liberty.Blackmon made five 3-pointers and had 20 points to help No. 6 Indiana rout Liberty 87-48 on Saturday night.Indiana (3-0) scored the first nine points and built a 32-point lead in the first half.The game seemed like it lasted four days, Liberty coach Ritchie McKay said. I cannot remember the start.Hoosiers coach Tom Crean sure did.The most important thing for us was to get off to a really good start defensively, he said.Liberty (1-2) tried to fight back with 3-pointers, but made it worse by continually missing. The Flames were 5 of 27 (18.5 percent) from beyond the arc, including 1 of 17 (5.9 percent) in the first half. Indiana finished 9 of 21 (42.9 percent).Thats one thing we wanted to definitely focus on, no matter who were playing, play like were us and not play to the opponent, said Blackmon, who is averaging 23 points and has 14 3-pointers.Robert Johnson added 13 points for Indiana and OG Anunoby had 10 points and 11 rebounds, the first double-double of the sophomore forwards career. Anunobys energy was noticeable at both ends on back-to-back possessions when he blocked a shot three rows deep into the stands and then threw down a two-handed dunk off a rebound.Were not where we want to be, Anunoby said of the Hoosiers defense, but we know well get better.Crean had stressed the importance of rebounding before his Hoosiers seized a 55-20 advantage on the boards.Tonight, it was more about, `Lets get on the glass, Crean said. `Lets get on the glass offensively. Lets get on the glass defensively. Lets make sure our effort and energy is really good there.Crean thought his teams season-opening trip to Hawaii eight days ago had his players jet-lagged earlier in the week. The legs weere fresher against the Flames as the Hoosiers hounded Liberty into 26 turnovers.ddddddddddddWe try to be disruptive in passing lanes and box out and just pressure the ball, Anunoby said.Libertys John Dawson, who entered with a team-best 14.5-point average, scored just two points on 1-of-7 shooting. No Liberty player scored in double digits.McKay was overly effusive in his praise of the Hoosiers.Indiana is really impressive, the coach said. I sat on an ACC bench the last six years and saw a lot of quality teams and Indiana is as good as I have seen in years.They have everything; size, depth, strength, skill, unselfishness. That is a terrific team.ADVANTAGE BY 3SIndiana has made 35 of 79 3-pointers (44.3 percent) with eight different players contributing at least one basket from long range. In addition to Blackmons 14, Johnson, Anunoby and Curtis Jones each have four. Hoosiers opponents have made just 21 of 71 3-pointers (29.6 percent).INDIANA CLASSICIndiana improved to 2-0 in its four-team tournament, which also includes UMass Lowell and Fort Wayne. The Hoosiers drubbed UMass Lowell 100-78 on Wednesday.BIG PICTURELiberty: The Flames have never knocked off a Top 25 team in 14 tries and have never defeated a Big Ten foe in four meetings, so its not as if they expected to pull off an upset. They can bounce back with two winnable home games.Indiana: Its all about staying perfect against inferior competition as the Hoosiers inch closer to a Nov. 30 home showdown against No. 5 North Carolina.UP NEXTLiberty: Host UMass Lowell on Monday.Indiana: At Fort Wayne on Tuesday.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen