Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

fans and media. The New York Jets cornerback couldnt disagree more with the doubters.No, I wont say a bust, Milliner said after

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 17.08.2019 07:48
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Dee Milliner knows what people are saying about him, and most of it is far from flattering.Expectations were high for the 2013 first-round draft pick, but injuries have hindered his career and led to some questioning his heart, his ability to stay healthy and garnered plenty of negative reactions from fans and media. The New York Jets cornerback couldnt disagree more with the doubters.No, I wont say a bust, Milliner said after a recent training camp practice. I aint been on the field. Injuries here and there. Ive just got to stay at it and when the opportunity comes, hopefully I make the best of it.This is likely a make-or-break year for Milliner, who could be a free agent after this season since the Jets did not pick up the fifth-year option on his rookie contract.He has been healthy so far this summer and had a solid offseason, providing a glimmer of hope that perhaps he could make an impact on Todd Bowles defense this season.Its just a year that Ive just got to go out there and play, Milliner said. I cant be injured, cant be on the sideline. Ive got to go out there and try to compete for a job.Staying on the field has been no easy task for Milliner, who has played in just 21 out of 48 games over his first three NFL seasons.Im trying, Im trying to do my best, he said. Im praying, hoping that I can stay healthy.Milliner tries to laugh off the negative chatter about him and use it as motivation.I might be at home, doing something and my brothers might say, `Somebody called you a bust, he said. He knows that Im going to pop (off) the couch and probably go work or something. They take it as a joking matter, but at the same time I take it serious. I just want to be out there and be able to play.He came to the Jets as the No. 9 overall pick after a terrific college career at Alabama, where he helped lead the Crimson Tide to two national championships. The laundry list of injuries has been lengthy, though, in a short amount of time.Milliner started his NFL career slowly during the offseason of his rookie year while recovering from shoulder surgery. In 2014, he suffered a high ankle sprain during training camp and played just three games after tearing the Achilles tendon in his right leg.He made it back for training camp last summer, but then injured a tendon in his right wrist and needed surgery that kept him out for half the season. When Milliner came back, he was used exclusively on special teams -- something that was frustrating at times for him.But guys on our team were playing great and making great plays, so you keep those guys out there because theyre doing great things, he said. And when I get an opportunity to get out there and do it, or if I can help on special teams, Ill help them.Milliner, whose three career interceptions came when he was a rookie, hasnt played on defense in a game since tearing his Achilles on October 12, 2014.I want to be back out there, he said, and get a chance to be on defense and play.With Darrelle Revis working his way back from offseason wrist surgery, Milliner has been getting lots of snaps on defense this summer, including with the starters. While Buster Skrine and Marcus Williams are expected to be in the rotation to start opposite Revis, a healthy Milliner could give Bowles something else to consider.Hes playing fast, hes healthy and hes running around out there, Bowles said. I just look forward to him improving.Milliner credits taking some yoga classes to improve his flexibility while focusing on getting into even better shape while sticking to a healthy diet.While watching mostly from the sideline during practices this offseason, Revis has liked what he has seen from Milliner.You can tell hes very motivated this year, and thats great, Revis said. Hes been set back by a lot of injuries throughout his career and now hes healthy, so its good. Hes making a lot of strides.Milliner insists he has no doubts about his abilities and believes he can still be a regular NFL starter. He also said he wasnt angry that the Jets didnt pick up his fifth-year option, knowing that he hasnt done much on the field -- yet -- to warrant faith from the team.They took a chance on me as a high pick, so Ive got to live up to it, he said. My expectations are much higher than some things that coaches or players expect of me. I expect the same thing of myself.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Darren Woodson Cowboys Jersey . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. Jay Novacek Youth Jersey ., for the next three years with the signings on Monday of Daryl Townsend and Michael Carter. http://www.cowboysfootballgearshop.com/daryl-johnston-jersey/ . Note: The Calgary Flames announced Tuesday that Sean Monahan would not be made available to Canadas World Junior team. Larry Allen Youth Jersey . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Connor McGovern Youth Jersey . Brazilian national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that the veteran goalkeeper is set to join Toronto on loan, saying it will help him be ready for the World Cup. ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - Sophomore libero Okiana Valle collected a match-high 14 digs Friday evening in the Razorbacks straight-set loss to No. 1 Nebraska on day two of the Lobo Classic. Senior co-captain Danielle Harbin paced the offense with nine kills while Savannah Voelzke added seven kills and 10 digs. The Razorbacks wrap the weekend in Albuquerque Saturday afternoon with an exhibition match against Montreal with first serve scheduled for 1 p.m. (CT).Collectively, Arkansas out-blocked its opponent (6.0-4.0) and finished the match with more digs (37-34) in holding Nebraska to its lowest hitting percentage of the year. The Cornhuskers finished the match more than 100 points below their season average.Through the opening stages of the first set, Arkansas (1-7) went toe-to-toe with the top-ranked team in the nation, taking a 16-14 lead after a tandem block from Harbin and Breana Jones. Out of a timeout, however, the Cornhuskers used a 6-1 run to go ahead on the scoreboard and used a similar ssurge of five out of six to secure the opener.ddddddddddddNebraska (5-0) carried the momentum into the second, building an early 8-2 lead which forced Razorback head coach Jason Watson to use a timeout. Arkansas steadied and pulled to within four points when Jones and Ana Sofia Jusino combined for a block to cut the Nebraska lead to 12-8. The defending national champions pulled away late to take a 2-0 match lead into the locker room.The teams were out to an even start in the third with Arkansas using another block from Jones, this time teaming up with Barbara Dapic for a 5-5 score. The Cornhuskers used a mini-run to go ahead by three at 11-8 but Arkansas returned the favor with a surge of its own to tie the score at 13-all with a kill by Jones. The Razorbacks cut a once seven-point deficit to three-saving a pair of match points along the way-after a Valle ace. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen