Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ht wins in their last nine games and putting them in the national spotlight much earlier in the season than they had become accu

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 15.08.2019 06:32
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Bret Bielema has his share of memorable victories in his four seasons at Arkansas, from back-to-back shutouts of LSU and Mississippi in 2014 to a borderline erotic victory over Texas to end that season.None of those, however, carried with them the same potential impact on a season as the 41-38 double-overtime win over TCU last week.No. 24 Arkansas improved to 2-0 with its dramatic victory over the Horned Frogs, giving the Razorbacks eight wins in their last nine games and putting them in the national spotlight much earlier in the season than they had become accustomed to under Bielema.A year ago, Arkansas was stunned in its second game of the season, a 16-12 loss to Toledo. That led to a 2-4 start to the season, one the Razorbacks overcame by winning six of their final seven games.It was a slow start that was fresh on the minds of Arkansas players before the season when they established the phrase, Start fast, finish strong, as one of their goals.Mission accomplished.I think theyve been hearing a lot about a year ago and years past, and they know what weve done, Bielema said. I think that was a big point of emphasis, and I think theyre very proud of themselves -- and they should be.Finishing a season strong hasnt been a problem for Arkansas in each of the last two seasons, from last years fast finish to two years ago when the school won four of its final six games -- including the Texas Bowl victory over the Longhorns.As satisfying as the late wins were for a fan base starving for a return to national relevance following the overhaul of the program following former coach Bobby Petrinos firing in 2012, they came well after the Razorbacks had been eliminated from Southeastern Conference contention.Arkansas is now set to open SEC play two weeks from now against No. 17 Texas A&M following a non-conference game at home this week against Texas State (1-0).The Razorbacks struggled in a season-opening 21-20 win over Louisiana Tech, but that game was the first for three new starting offensive linemen as well as junior quarterback Austin Allen.Against TCU, Allen led the Razorbacks on a game-tying drive in the final minutes, even catching the tying 2-point conversion, and he also threw a touchdown in the first overtime.In the second extra period, Allen -- who finished 17-of-29 passing for 223 yards and three touchdowns -- capped the victory with a 5-yard touchdown run on third-and-goal.The celebration that followed was equal parts relief and rejoicing for Arkansas, which can now look ahead to what remains this season instead of looking back at what might have been.I am excited about where our program is, Bielema said. Im excited to see how we play and see where we go from there.Miguel Layun Jersey . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. Jonathan dos Santos Jersey . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. http://www.soccermexicojerseysteamstore.com/javier-hernandez-mexico-jersey/ .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. Carlos Salcedo Jersey . -- Brandon Jennings made the most of his first game with the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. Carlos Vela Jersey . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd.OAKLAND, Calif. -- Matt Joyce hopes to play more regularly again in his new role with the Oakland Athletics, who needed a new outfielder to fill a big void and put him high on their offseason list.The versatile Joyce reached agreement on an $11 million, two-year contract Wednesday after passing a physical.Obviously the biggest thing that was kind of noticed for me was how interested they were and the opportunity to get substantial playing time again coming from the situations that I was in last year, Joyce said. Were really pumped and excited for the whole opportunity and how it worked out.The 32-year-old journeyman has played 140 games in each of three of the last four seasons, batting .242 with 13 home runs and 42 RBI this year for Pittsburgh. A regular pinch hitter, he started 30 games in right field and is likely to be a regular against right-handed hitting with a possible platoon role with Mark Canha.Joyce will earn $5 million in 2017 and $6 million the following season. Oakland dealt right fielder Josh Reddick to the Dodgers at the trade deadline and then sent Coco Crisp back to his former Cleveland club.Joyce will play for his fifth major league team as he begins his 10th season. The security means a lot for Joyce as he prepares for the birth of his first child.It was obviously the perfect fit, Joyce said. It was a great fit for the kind of player I am and the kind of organization Oakland is. Its a good opportunity with a two-year deal on the table with a lot of security and the chance to play a lot is huge for me.At 69-83, the As responded ffrom losing 10 of 11 to win their final two games at Seattle and finish with one more victory than a year ago.dddddddddddd But they finished in fifth place and at the bottom of the AL West for the second straight season -- another year of injuries and big-name departures.One of general manager David Forsts first calls this offseason was to Joyces agent, Seth Levinson.I told him I thought Matt would be a good fit. We made no secret of the fact that we were out there looking for outfielders, Forst said. Hes a guy who has played in the American League, spent a year in the American League West, hes familiar with everything here. He has a really consistent track record of hitting right-handed pitching.While Forst envisions Joyce as a regular against righty pitchers, Oaklands brass also took notice of his adjustments and progress hitting lefties last season. For a club that puts value in walks and on-base percentage, his patience at the plate was another important factor.The As are still actively looking for a center fielder and might add at the corner outfield spots, too, Forst said.Catcher Stephen Vogt will be a familiar face for Joyce as they were teammates in 2012 with Tampa Bay.Im excited to have Matt here! Vogt wrote in a text message. He was a good friend and teammate and happy to be playing with him again. He is a smart and great hitter with one of the smoothest swings in baseball. We are going to learn a lot from him. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen