Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

me 5 of the NLDS -- Strasburg would not have been able to pitch.Asked Tuesday whether he would change anything about the way he

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 14.08.2019 06:24
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

OXON HILL, Md. -- Stephen Strasburgs agent, Scott Boras, said the right-handers latest throwing arm injury should not create any problems in the future.I just go by what the doctors tell me -- Im not a medical practitioner -- but theyre all telling me that Stephen will be fine and this is something ... that just needed a period of time for it to heal, Boras told reporters Wednesday at baseballs winter meetings.They dont foresee anything, Boras added, that would cause him any form of impairment going forward.The 28-year-old Strasburg missed the end of the 2016 season for the NL East champions after hurting his right elbow in early September.Washington initially hoped he would be available for the playoffs, but then ruled him out for the NL Division Series. Even if the Nationals had reached the NL Championship Series -- they lost to the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 5 of the NLDS -- Strasburg would not have been able to pitch.Asked Tuesday whether he would change anything about the way he manages Strasburg, Nationals skipper Dusty Baker replied: No. I mean, I thought we handled him pretty good this year. Just some things happened. So well see how he is. If theres anything Im curious about, its how he is going into spring training. We have to see how he is, first, before we assess how well handle him. Im hoping that its all subsided.General manager Mike Rizzo said Tuesday: Stephen Strasburgs healthy and preparing for spring training.The No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 amateur draft had Tommy John surgery in August 2011, then was shut down by the Nationals late in 2012 to protect his repaired elbow.This season, he started 13-0 with a 2.51 ERA, and in the midst of that stretch signed a $175 million, seven-year contract that begins next year. He went on the DL with elbow soreness in August after allowing 19 earned runs in 11 2/3 innings over three outings, then left his first start back in the third inning and did not pitch again.Strasburgs final stats for 2016 were 15-4 with a 3.60 ERA and 183 strikeouts in only 147 2/3 innings.Hes in the process of still learning himself and learning his body. And so I just dont want to get too far ahead of myself, Baker said. I get to see all those guys on Friday and tap `em on the stomach and tap `em on the butt. ... They dont know what Im doing. They think Im saying, `Hello. But Im really checking for fat content, to see how much eating they can continue to do over the holidays.Game notesBoras would not offer much information on a hot topic during these winter meetings: The contract status of Nationals RF Bryce Harper, who can become a free agent after the 2018 season. I have not had any discussions with the Nationals on Bryce, other than were going to get around to talking about his arbitration-value contract for the upcoming year, Boras said. But other than that, we havent had any talks. As for the 2015 NL MVPs drop-off in production last season, Boras said: Certainly Bryce played through some nagging injuries. Not anything that was of permanence. And a lot of time, when ... you have a strained muscle, it affects your neck and what youre doing and things. But I dont think Bryce is the kind who wants to come out and talk about excuses. ... Rizzo said SS Danny Espinosa will play for Mexico in the World Baseball Classic. ... Boras said free agent Stephen Drew, who hit .266 in 143 at-bats as a utilityman for Washington this year, is mulling offers that would allow him to have an everyday role next season.Dikembe Mutombo Jersey . Ancelotti says Ronaldo has recovered from a hamstring injury but "but he doesnt feel comfortable yet so we wont risk him." Madrid is third in the Spanish league, six points behind leader Barcelona, going into Saturdays game against Valladolid. Michael Porter Nuggets Jersey . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. http://www.authenticnuggetsproshop.com/Dikembe-Mutombo-Jersey/ . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. Alex English Nuggets Jersey .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. Nikola Jokic Nuggets Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla.SAN FRANCISCO -- Matt Moore is eager to prove himself to a San Francisco Giants team that acquired him at the trading deadline.But a shaky start set the tone for a bad day, and after four starts the left-hander is still searching for his first win.Yoenis Cespedes hit two long home runs and had an RBI double in his second game back from the disabled list, boosting Bartolo Colon and the New York Mets over the Giants 9-5 Saturday.The Giants began the day with the NL West lead after two straight wins.I really just wanted to keep the ball rolling from the last two games, Moore said.Instead, Cespedes double in the first inning got the slumping Mets rolling.The Giants dropped to 11-22 since the All-Star break.Moore, traded over from Tampa Bay to bolster the back end of the Giants rotation, is 0-3 with a 4.70 ERA in four starts with his new team.Moore gave up three earned runs and five hits in five innings. It was the first time in 13 outings he pitched less than six innings going back to June 2.Cespedes, whod been out since Aug. 4 with a strained right quadriceps, drove in three runs. He has 24 homers this season.The sluggers shot off Matt Moore (7-10) in the third inning went 457 feet, according to Statcast.com.It was supposed to be a fastball in but I left it at his arm side at the plate and thats not a good place to leave a pitch that caliber of player, Moore said. He got that one right there.Cespedes added a 418-footer off reliever Jake Peavy in the seventh.It doesnt help when you have that kind of first inning, Moore said. Even if it was just one run right there, Ive got to find way to have a quicker first inning and get the guys back in the dugout.Denard Span hit a splash home run off Colon into the San Francisco Bay in the third. The home run was Spans seventh and his second splash hit this season.Hes doing a great job as a lead-off hitter, Swinging the bat well, getting on base, so its good to see him swinging the way he is, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said.Colon (11-7) allowed two runs, scattering nine hits and a walk in 6 1/3 innings. He has three quality starts in four outings this month and a 2.25 ERA in August.He just has deception and the ball moves a lot, he bassically throws one pitch and changes speeds with the fastball, Giants catcher Buster Posey said.dddddddddddd It just goes to show you if you can locate that fastball and have deception and movement you can through lineups.PAGAN HURTAngel Pagan extended his hitting streak to 18 games with a bunt single in the first. The Giants outfielder exited after three innings with tightness in his right groinHe was hurt making a great running catch on a liner by Asdrubal Cabrera that went for a sacrifice fly, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. Pagan wont be in the lineup on Sunday but is expected to OK, Bochy said. Were just being cautious, he said.Hes probably going to need a day tomorrow and we think hell be OK. That line drive he went for, he felt something, were just being cautious. I think with taking off tomorrow and the day off that hell be OK, he said.LINED UPThe Giants have set their rotation ahead of their pivotal three-game series at Dodger Stadium next week, with the trio of Madison Bumgarner, Johnny Cueto and Moore set to start the Aug. 23-25 series, Bochy said.TRAINERS ROOMGiants: Pairing up Posey with Moore for the first time factored in Bochys decision to start the All-Star catcher in a day game after a night game. Bochy sat Posey for two straight games earlier in the week because of lower back tightness. ... LHP Josh Osich, whos been on the disabled list with a left forearm strain since July 28, could be activated soon. Bochy said the 27-year-old is developing a changeup in a rehab assignment with Triple-A Sacramento.UP NEXTMets: RHP Noah Syndergaard allowed two earned runs in 5 2/3 innings in his most recent outing against Arizona in which he snapped a streak of six straight winless starts. He is 1-2 with a 4.86 ERA in August and 0-2 with a 6.17 ERA in two career starts against the Giants.Giants: RHP Jeff Samardzija is 1-0 with 2.31 ERA in his last two starts but the Giants have won just two of his last nine starts. He is 0-3 with an 11.40 ERA in three starts against New York and has an 8.72 ERA in nine career appearances against the Mets. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen