Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Warren Buffett. There is no place like home.Molina (29-6, 23 KOs), 33, of Covina, California, will be the heavy underdog in his

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 13.08.2019 10:31
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Unified junior welterweight world champion Terence Crawford has faced all sorts of styles in title fights, be it opponents who were fast or slow, technical or slick, taller or shorter.Next up he will face a powerful puncher.Crawford will make the fourth defense of his 140-pound crown when he meets brawler John Molina on Dec. 10 (HBO, 9:35 p.m. ET/PT) at the CenturyLink Center in Omaha, Nebraska, Crawfords hometown. Crawford and Molina are scheduled to meet face-to-face at a news conference at the arena to formally announce the fight on Thursday.Molina is a tough opponent who has been in the ring with the best of the division, Crawford said. I cant wait for Dec. 10 because Molina is really a good puncher and I will be going in there to fight as well.A win could put Crawford into the sweepstakes to face Manny Pacquiao next year. Pacquiao came out of a brief retirement and reclaimed a welterweight world title on Saturday night in Las Vegas with a one-sided decision win against Jessie Vargas. If there is no rematch between Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, Pacquiao said on Sunday that Crawford is an opponent he would be interested in and that he would be willing to drop down to junior welterweight to face him. It would be a relatively easy fight to make because they are both promoted by Top Rank.But Molina is up first.This is another great opportunity for Terence to showcase his pound-for-pound ability, co-manager Cameron Dunkin said. John Molina is a very tough contender. Its a wonderful opportunity for Terence to get back into the ring to make another great statement.After back-to-back fights away from home, Crawford will be fighting again in Omaha, where he is a popular draw. The fight will be his fourth at the CenturyLink Center in his past seven bouts.For me, fighting in Omaha means so much, said Crawford, who is friendly with billionaire businessman and Omaha native Warren Buffett. There is no place like home.Molina (29-6, 23 KOs), 33, of Covina, California, will be the heavy underdog in his second world title fight. In 2012, he lost to then-lightweight titleholder Antonio DeMarco, a bout that was stopped after 44 seconds in the first round.Between 2014 and 2015, Molina suffered through a three-fight losing streak, an 11th-round knockout by Lucas Matthysse in the 2014 Boxing Writers Association of America fight of the year, a 10-round decision to former world titleholder Humberto Soto and a one-sided 12-round decision to Adrien Broner, after which Molina tested positive for a banned diuretic and was fined and suspended.But Molina bounced back with two wins in a row, including the signature one of his career in June, when he brawled and boxed to win a unanimous decision in an exciting fight against former junior welterweight titleholder Ruslan Provodnikov. Another shot at a world title is something he has yearned for.I am thankful for the opportunity, Molina said. I am training hard for what I know will be a great fight.Tom Brown, Molinas promoter, hopes Molina can continue the momentum from the win against Provodnikov.John is coming off a huge victory over Ruslan Provodnikov and is prepared to shock everyone again by beating Crawford on Dec. 10, Brown said.The 29-year-old Crawford (29-0, 20 KOs) was the fighter of the year in 2014 when he won a lightweight world title overseas and defended it twice before moving up to junior welterweight in 2015 and winning a vacant title. Crawford is coming off the biggest win of his career, a surprisingly one-sided decision victory against Viktor Postol on July 23 in Las Vegas to unify two belts in a showdown between the top two fighters in the weight class. Now he is coming home again.The Omaha fans will be packed to the rafters in support of their favorite son Terence Crawford, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said. John Molina will provide a great test for Terence but I think its a test Terence will pass with flying colors. A victory on Dec. 10 will make a strong argument for Terence to be named fighter of the year.Said Brian McIntyre, Crawfords trainer and co-manager: Its an honor to bring a warrior like Molina to Omaha and to test Terence Crawford at his best.With Top Rank and Al Haymon, Molinas manager and the creator of Premier Boxing Champions, having settled a $100 million lawsuit earlier this year, both sides are on speaking terms again and this fight marks the first time in many years -- other than the 2015 Mayweather-Pacquiao megafight -- that they have matched their fighters in a nonmandatory bout.Parris Campbell Colts Jersey . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. Devin Funchess Jersey . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. http://www.coltsofficialstore.us/authentic-khari-willis-colts-jersey/ . NBA officials ruled the court unplayable in the Bucks final exhibition game on Oct. 25 because players were slipping, and the game was cancelled midway through the first period. Bobby Okereke Colts Jersey . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. Malik Hooker Womens Jersey . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries.PARK CITY, Utah -- It took Erin Hamlin more than a decade to collect two World Cup luge gold medals.And then came Saturday, when she won two in a couple of hours.Hamlin dominated the field to win a pair of womens events, Emily Sweeney took silver in both of those races and USA Luge had a day unlike any other in its World Cup history. In all, the Americans picked up five medals, including a bronze from Matt Mortensen and Jayson Terdiman in a sprint doubles race.Its very exciting, Hamlin said. It was a great race day. We had perfect conditions. Im very relieved and happy that I could capitalize on that.She now has four World Cup wins and 16 medals in singles or sprint events on the circuit -- not including her gold from the 2009 world championships or her bronze from the 2014 Sochi Olympics.Hamlin started her day with a win in the womens singles event, the usual two-run format. Hamlin won gold in 1 minute, 29.257 seconds. Sweeney tied her career-best World Cup finish by taking second in 1:29.384, and?Alex Gough of Canada was third in 1:29.584.Natalie Geisenberger of Germany, the reigning Olympic champion, was fourth -- one spot ahead of Summer Britcher from the U.S.That was followed by the sprint events, a one-heat dash in which the clock doesnt start until sliders have built up some speed at the top of the track. Mortensen and Terdiman placed third in that event, their time of 32.938 seconds beaten by only two German teams -- Toni Eggert and Sascha Benecken were first in 32.838, and Tobias Wendl and Tobias Arlt were second in 32.dddddddddddd93.We had a great run, Terdiman said. Cant argue with a bronze medal.Hamlin and Sweeney were back on the track soon after, just a couple of hours after finishing up their first competition of the day. They repeated the 1-2 finish, with Hamlin winning in 32.881 seconds, ahead of Sweeney (33.034) and Germanys Tatjana Huefner (33.040).Saturdays medals for Hamlin and Sweeney were the first four won by U.S. women in singles events this season. Britcher captured a bronze in a team relay at Lake Placid last weekend.Everythings starting to pay off, Sweeney said. Hopefully, we can keep the momentum going.Hamlins other World Cup wins were a sprint race at Altenberg, Germany, in February 2015, and a full World Cup last season in Lake Placid. The two wins Saturday vaulted her to No. 3 in the overall World Cup standings for the season.Just an awesome day, Hamlin said.Sweeney has been dealing with a wrist injury, and she was thrilled with silvers.I am so pleasantly surprised, Sweeney said. But also, its just a relief. I really needed a win for myself. And I didnt win -- but I won in my own mind, so its great.Dominik Fischnaller of Italy won the mens sprint Saturday in 28.302 seconds, edging Russias Roman Repilov and Germanys Andi Langenhan.After this weekend, the luge circuit goes on holiday break before resuming Jan. 5 in Konigssee, Germany. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen