Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

MADRID - Lionel Messi scored a hat trick to give Barcelona a 4-3 win at 10-man Real Madrid in an electrifying and contentious "c

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 06.08.2019 06:00
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

MADRID - Lionel Messi scored a hat trick to give Barcelona a 4-3 win at 10-man Real Madrid in an electrifying and contentious "clasico" match that kept the three-way Spanish league title race wide open. Jonathan Huberdeau Panthers Jersey . The result means Atletico Madrid now tops the table, with Madrid level on points in second and Barcelona a point behind in third with nine games remaining as the title race shapes up to be the closest in years. In a game that saw three penalties, a red card and a host of missed chances, Andres Iniesta set the tone by rocketing home an early opener, only for Karim Benzemas brace to put the hosts ahead by the 24th. The teams went into the break level at 2-2 after Messi slotted in an equalizer, only for Cristiano Ronaldo to re-establish Madrids lead with a 55th-minute penalty. But Messi scored a pair of penalties after that — including the 65th-minute equalizer after Sergio Ramos was sent off — to end Madrids 31-game unbeaten run stretching back to the last "clasico" in October. Atleticos 2-0 victory at last-place Real Betis earlier on Sunday means it leads Madrid on head-to-head with the city rivals level on 70 points. Barcelona is on 69 points. The high pace of play and buzzing atmosphere inside the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium left little doubt this was a "clasico" with much at stake. Messi spotted Iniestas run down the left side seven minutes in and slid a perfect ball clear into the area for him to lift into the top of goal to kickstart the memorable match. Madrid winger Angel Di Maria troubled right back Dani Alves throughout, especially when he twice set up Benzema with crosses from the left side, with the France striker nodding home the first in the 20th before controlling the second to smash a right-footed volley beyond Victor Valdes. The goalkeeper got a glove to Benzemas opener but couldnt keep it out. The strengths and philosophies of each club were apparent as Barcelona looked to set the tempo through possession while Madrid always looked dangerous when breaking on the counter. Madrids defence nodded off when Neymar and Messis hopeful combination came to fruition and the Argentina star could equalize before halftime, with Benzema left ruing a number of missed chances that could have given Madrid control. Gareth Bales speed provided problems for Barcelona down the right, but Ronaldo was equally troublesome along the left and he was tripped by Dani Alves after the break to set up the penalty for his league-leading 26th goal that put Madrid back on top. However, eplays showed the contact had taken place just outside the penalty area. But Barcelona replied when Ramos was shown a straight red for tangling with Neymar and Messi stepped to equalize again. Benzema then came off as Madrid looked to defend the draw, with Barcelona patiently coming forward and Dani Alves sending a shot off the post in the 74th. Iniesta was then taken down by Xabi Alonso and Dani Carvajal in the area to set up the 84th-minute spot kick that Messi slotted home for his 21st goal of the season. Messi climbed to No. 2 on the Spanish leagues all-time scoring list with 235 goals, passing Hugo Sanchez. He also became the leading scorer in "clasico" matches with 21 goals, bettering the mark of 18 he shared with Madrid great Alfredo di Stefano. ___ Follow Paul Logothetis on Twitter: www.twitter.com/PaulLogoAP Colton Sceviour Jersey . - Olympic champion Marielle Thompson accomplished her mission of defending her skicross World Cup title at Nakiska Ski Area on Saturday. Ian McCoshen Panthers Jersey .Y. - Referee Ed Hochuli referred to replay official Tom Sifferman by his nickname Jungle Boy, which was heard on the in-stadium microphone during the Arizona Cardinals-Carolina Panthers NFC wild-card game Saturday. http://www.hockeypanthersofficialonline.com/keith-yandle-hockey-jersey/ . Burkes Flames are one of several teams involved in heavy trade speculation going into next Wednesdays 3pm et deadline, with the most prominent name in play being forward Michael Cammalleri. PHILADELPHIA -- Dont rule Michael Vick out just yet. Two days after injuring his left hamstring, Vick was back on the field Tuesday. He threw and jogged, though he didnt participate in team drills during practice. "I was surprised I was able to throw and throw with such velocity," Vick said. "I feel a lot better than I did on Sunday. Sunday was kind of agonizing. It was tough. It was tough to deal with but Im glad with where Im at today." Vick left late in the second quarter of Philadelphias 36-21 win at the New York Giants after pulling his hamstring running out of bounds on a 13-yard scramble. Nick Foles came in and threw two touchdowns, sparking a debate over who should start for the Eagles (2-3) this week at Tampa Bay (0-4). If Vick is healthy, hes the No. 1. But coach Chip Kelly left open the possibility that Foles could win the job if he plays and performs well. "My expectation is to work great (in practice), get a lot of work in, study the film, and whatever it is on Sunday, Ill be ready," Foles said. Vick was excellent in the first two games, but his production dropped in the next three. Hes thrown for 1,185 yards, five touchdowns and two interceptions, and has 307 yards rushing and two more scores. "You dont want to put yourself in a position where you cant get back out there for two or three weeks," Vick said. "Were playing it smart. The coaches told me to come out and do whatever I could. I came out and threw the ball just to get a feel for what I could do. I know my body better than anybody else. You dont want to strain it. "You dont want to do anything to make the injury worse." Foles has 246 yards passing, three scores, zero interceptions and a 122.4 passer rating in parts of two games. A third-round pick last year, Foles was 1-5 as a starter last season after Vick sustained a concussion in November. Aaron Ekblad Panthers Jersey. His only win was on the road against the Buccaneers. "Its kind of disheartening when you cant be out there and playing," Vick said. "But the good thing is weve got a good backup who will be able to step in and do a great job with this team, and weve got a lot of players who believe in themselves and each other. "So, thatll take us a long way." The biggest difference between Vick and Foles besides mobility is efficiency in the red zone. Vick is 5 for 19 for 38 yards and one score inside the opponents 20. Foles is 2 of 3 for 11 yards and two touchdowns. "When you look at it, theres not quite large enough sample size to see any trends," offensive co-ordinator Pat Shurmur said. "I just think its a mixture of things. We cant have penalties. Weve got to do a better job of throwing and catching, and then of course in critical areas in the field, weve got to do a better job protecting." After snapping a three-game losing streak to AFC West opponents, the Eagles are tied for first place with Dallas in a weak NFC East in which the teams are 5-14 combined. The Eagles already won at Washington and at New York, and host Dallas in two weeks. ---- NOTES: WR DeSean Jackson isnt concerned about going against three-time All-Pro CB Darrelle Revis on Sunday. "I dont think he can run with me. I dont think hes as fast as me," Jackson said. "It will be a challenge. Hes a great player. Nothing to take away from him. Im focused on what we have to do here, which is win a football game. Were not going to make it into a one-on-one battle, me versus Revis. Its the Eagles versus Tampa Bay. At the end of that game, as long as were winning, thats all that matters to me." ... Tampa Bay has scored just 24 points in two home games. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen