Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Jordan Weal was shocked

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 18.05.2019 04:02
von laiyongcai92 • 26 Beiträge

RALEIGH http://www.officialblackhawksproshop.com/authentic-adidas-gustav-forsling-jersey , N.C. (AP) by his goalie’s impressive save in the final minute of overtime. He regained his composure just in time to score the winner.Weal’s goal with 3.1 seconds left in the extra period lifted the Philadelphia Flyers over the Carolina Hurricanes 2-1 on Tuesday night moments after Brian Elliott deflected a shot with the knob of his stick.”My jaw dropped on that save. It was unbelievable,” Weal said. ”Just weathered the storm, and that’s 3-on-3 – if you can weather the storm at one end, that’s when the fast break happens.”Wayne Simmonds also scored to help the Flyers snap a four-game losing streak and earn two important points in the crowded Metropolitan Division and Eastern Conference races. Philadelphia leapfrogged Columbus and the New York Islanders with 59 points, while Carolina is one point behind those two teams with 57.Elias Lindholm scored a power-play goal for the Hurricanes, who have lost three in a row to fall to 2-3 on an eight-game homestand. They have been held to a single goal in each of the three losses.”It’s tough to win when you score only one goal,” Lindholm said, adding that goalie Cam Ward ”has been playing unbelievably for us. Too bad we can’t help him with a win and score more goals for him.”Elliott, making his first start since missing four games with a lower-body injury, stopped 27 shots for the Flyers, who had gone 0-3-1 in a four-game stretch that followed a run of eight wins in nine games.”It was big because we’d been playing some good hockey and dominating for periods of time, and today I think we had a good 60-minute effort John Hayden Jersey ,” Weal said. ”It all came together, and it’s a huge two points.”Ward made 28 saves for Carolina, which had a great chance to win it late in OT when Elliott made his knob-of-the-stick save on Jordan Staal’s shot into a seemingly open net and Claude Giroux laid out to block Jeff Skinner’s follow-up attempt.”The guys just really laying out, doing whatever they have to do to get the win … that’s great to see,” defenseman Andrew MacDonald said.Weal then ended it by snapping a shot from the circle past Ward.Carolina’s defeat came two days after a 3-1 loss to San Jose that was punctuated by coach Bill Peters calling out his players for their ”disappointing effort” and promising lineup changes. The only changes to the active roster: Forward Phil Di Giuseppe and defenseman Klas Dahlbeck were in, and forward Marcus Kruger and defenseman Haydn Fleury were scratched.Peters expressed satisfaction that his team responded with desperation in this one.”I thought it was real good,” he said. ”I thought it was a very competitive game. Very, very competitive. I was obviously happy with the effort. Not in love with the end result.”NOTES: This was the first meeting of the season between the division rivals, who will play three times in the final five weeks. … Lindholm’s goal was his first in eight games.UP NEXTFlyers: Play host to Montreal on Thursday night.Hurricanes: Continue their eight-game homestand Friday night against Vancouver.— WINNIPEG, Manitoba (AP) — Kevin Hayes‘ first goal with the Jets was far from smooth or pretty. It certainly got the job done, though.Hayes scored late in the third period of his second game with Winnipeg after being acquired from the New York Rangers this week and added two assists as the Jets erased a two-goal deficit to beat the Nashville Predators 5-3 on Friday night.“It wasn’t the nicest goal, but I’ll take it Authentic Jonathan Toews Jersey ,” Hayes said. “We’re in that final stretch here where we need to figure out what kind of team we’re going to be going into the playoffs. And going down 2-0 and battling back, I thought we (dealt with) some pretty good adversity there.”Blake Wheeler and Mark Scheifele also each had a goal and two assists, and Kyle Connor and Tyler Myers had the other goals for Winnipeg. The Jets moved ahead of Nashville atop the Central Division standings with the victory.“We go down two and everyone’s still positive on the bench,” said Hayes, who spent his first 4½ NHL seasons with the Rangers. “It shows you the type of team these guys are.”Wheeler said Hayes is the type of individual who makes players around him better even though he’s still getting used to a new team.“I think you could see today, he was talking a little bit more, feeling a bit more comfortable,” Wheeler said. “So it was great to see him have a good night.”Viktor Arvidsson, P.K. Subban and Mattias Ekholm scored for the Predators. Ryan Ellis added two assists.“We went down and took a punch and missed, and they came back and put it in the net,” Predators coach Peter Laviolette said.Laurent Brossoit stopped 34 of 37 shots, improving to 11-4-2 this season. He started in place of No. 1 goalie Connor Hellebuyck Blake Comeau Jersey Womens , who has the flu.“These games especially are the ones you really want to get up for,” Brossoit said. “You never want to see a teammate sick, but it gave me an opportunity and it was just really nice to get back into the win column. I thought everyone came to play tonight.”Pekka Rinne made 27 saves in defeat.With the win, the Jets avoided losing three consecutive games in regulation.Arvidsson opened the scoring in the first period before Subban extended the lead on the power play with a point shot through traffic.Winnipeg struck twice in a span of 2:33 late in the second period, tying the game at 2.Scheifele’s backhand fooled Rinne on the power play for his team-leading 32nd goal of the season, tying a career high. Kyle Connor tied it with his 25th of the season with 1:39 remaining in the second period.NOTES: The Jets were 1 for 4 on the power player, while Nashville went 1 for 3 with the man advantage. … The teams meet again in Winnipeg on March 23.UP NEXTPredators: wrap a two-game road trip Sunday in MinnesotaJets: Begin a four-game road trip Sunday in Columbus before visits to Tampa Bay, Carolina, and Washington.

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen