Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

The Boston Red Sox are ready to slowly ease

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 14.05.2019 04:16
von panxing18 • 206 Beiträge

BOSTON (AP) — ace Chris Sale back into action.Manager Alex Cora says the left-hander will be activated from the disabled list and pitch about two innings Tuesday night against Toronto at Fenway Park. Cora said Sale would throw a maximum of 40 pitches for the AL East leaders.Cora made the announcement before Boston hosted Houston on Friday. The Red Sox have the best record in the majors and http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , if they win their division, would begin the playoffs in exactly four weeks.Sale originally went on the disabled list July 31 with mild left shoulder inflammation. He returned for a start Aug. 12 against Baltimore, going five innings and striking out 12. But he quickly as placed back on the disabled list a week later with the same ailment.“Little by little, we’re getting healthy,” Cora said.Sale has been dominant this season, going 12-4 with a 1.97 ERA. His ERA is the second-best in the majors, and he has struck out 219 in only 146 innings. In July, he started the All-Star game for the third straight year.Cora said the progression for Sale with be two innings his first outing, followed by three in his next start.“We’ll keep going and then last one — whenever it is — it’s like a full-go six innings, 100 pitches or seven innings 100 pitches,” Cora said. “There’s a few days with the off-days there where we’ll take advantage of him building up and taking care of other guys.” Former players and managers Kent Hrbek, Glen Perkins, Paul Molitor, Ron Gardenhire, and more had lots to say about the Twins legend."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Twinkie Town Farm ReportSatire Gary Carter Jersey , Irreverence, & Other HumorGame RecapsNewsHistoryJoe Mauer thanks everyone in his farewell press conferenceNew,5commentsFormer players and managers Kent Hrbek, Glen Perkins, Paul Molitor, Ron Gardenhire, and more had lots to say about the Twins legend.ByMaija Varda@KirbysLeftEyeNov 13, 2018,9:00am ESTShareTweetShareShareJoe Mauer thanks everyone in his farewell press conferenceBrad Rempel-USA TODAY SportsOn Monday morning, Joe Mauer held a press conference addressing his official retirement from MLB. It was sad. Mauer spent about the first 15 minutes thanking everyone he’s ever met between sniffles before just opening it up to questions.If you would like to watch the entire press conference yourself, it’s available here (It’s 35:47 minutes long,FYI):Some of my initial take-aways from the press conference: Jim Pohlad talked so earnestly bout watching Joe Mauer’s last game.What kind of tie is Joe wearing?Michael Cuddyer said, “I can’t think of someone who better represented his team, community, and city better than Joe Mauer.”Joe has said “um” about 10 times in the first 15 seconds.JOE HAS A STACK OF NOTE CARDS OF EVERYONE HE WANTS TO THANK. Joe is sniffling and trying not the cry. Joe is trying to work through the notecards.“Billy Dwight Gooden Jersey , I’m proud I got to catch you facing your favorite player, David Ortiz, in spring training. Thank you, Gardy, for letting that happen.”SNIFF“WHEEWWW!” (Joe then wipes his eyes with a handkerchief).He’s still going through these note cards.Joe just thanked the Mayo Clinic for taking care of him.JUST BLOW YOUR NOSE JOE. JESUS.Awwww Joe thanked Gardy for everything.Tom Kelly, TK. Goes without saying.Paul Molitor. We’re still just going through people Joe Mauer is thanking.Tony Oliva.Kent Hrbek, Jack Morris, Tim Launder.Glen PerkinsCorey KoskieJustin MorneauTerry Ryan (Joe Mauer has to pause, getting visibly emotional)Bill Smith (for, you know, that contract)Jerry BellJim RantzJoe Mauer is a Mayo Clinic boy. This is at least the second time he’s thanked them.“I started thinking seriously about retirement probably after that concussion earlier this year.” When asked about 2006, the first thing Joe references is that is was Brad Radke’s last year. Thank god, Joe, because that is absolutely the first thing I think about that year too. At least I’m not entirely crazy.There’s so much more, it’s just hard recording everything while you are also trying to take new Kleenex tissues out of the box. They keep ripping in half. Seriously. Can someone please design a quick-release Kleenex box? You would think they would have these by now.Michael Cuddyer http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey , on how much Joe Mauer meant and represented for his team:Joe had a lot to say, and a lot of people had a lot of things to say about him to.Twin Cities native Kent Hrbek was humbled, and perturbed by Joe Mauer’s comments:Mauer’s former teammate, and fellow Minnesotan — who had a similarly emotional last game at Target Field — Glen Perkins, gave his thoughts:Former Twins Manager Ron Gardenhire was his usual self, talking about Joe in the upmost of terms:Fellow Cretin-Derham Hall Alum, Paul Molitor, shared his thoughts as well:Of course, Terry Ryan — the former Twins GM and current Phillies scout who signed Joe Mauer originally as the first overall pick, right out of high school, in 2001, gave his thoughts:I mean of course — Justin:And then there is this. Just this adorable video from Joe himself. He doesn’t know what to say. He admits he doesn’t even know the gender of his incoming baby. You can see Tony Oliva just smiling away in the background... I love it.God, I will miss you Joe.P.S.

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen