Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

There’s really only one obvious choice."Ian Happ has 875 m

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 06.05.2019 04:55
von panxing18 • 206 Beiträge

ajor-league plate appearances in 257 games over the last two seasons. He’s produced 39 home runs and an .801 OPS.You’d think that would be enough to keep the 24-year-old outfielder in the big leagues Kendrys Morales Jersey , but there are also 296 strikeouts in those 875 PA, and he hit .135/.196/.192 (7-for-52 with three doubles and 14 strikeouts) in spring training games this year.And so perhaps it shouldn’t have been such a big surprise when Happ was optioned to Triple-A Iowa Saturday.With Happ having departed, though, the question is raised: Who will make the 25-man roster instead of him?To me, there’s really only one choice.The Cubs will begin the season with 12 position players, as will most teams. These 11 are now locks to make the Opening Day roster.Catchers (2)Willson Contreras, Victor CaratiniInfielders (6)Anthony Rizzo, Ben Zobrist, Javier Baez Jesse Barfield Jersey , Kris Bryant, David Bote, Daniel DescalsoOutfielders (3)Kyle Schwarber, Albert Almora Jr., Jason HeywardBote will back up shortstop, second base and third base; Descalso plays second and third and could, in a pinch, play shortstop and outfield. Veteran backup infielder Cristhian Adames was reassigned to the minor-league camp on Saturday.We know that Zobrist and Bryant can also play outfield positions if needed. But there’s really no player on that list who solely plays outfield. That’s why I think Mark Zagunis will make his first big-league Opening Day roster. Zagunis plays left and right field, and has had a good spring: .333/.400/.718 (13-for-39) with three doubles and four home runs. The on-base percentage is the key here http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/authentic-curtis-granderson-jersey , I think. That’s been the best thing Zagunis has done in his five seasons in the system. He has a .400 career OBP in the minor leagues in 2,057 plate appearances. In his handful of brief big-league callups he’s just 2-for-19 — but with five walks, turning a .105 BA into a .292 OBP.So he could be useful off the bench, perhaps drawing walks as a pinch-hitter.I think it’ll be Zagunis as the last guy on the bench, although here’s a hint the Cubs are still trying to obtain outside help:And if Ian Happ would like some solace — he was reportedly quite upset at the demotion — he ought to talk to his teammate, Kyle Schwarber, who was similarly demoted in 2017. In the middle of a season, no less, and after 539 regular-season plate appearances and being a World Series hero. Schwarber returned and has been productive. Happ can do the same George Bell Jersey , if he works on the parts of his game that need work (mainly, the strikeouts).It’s not official yet, but I’ll give preliminary congratulations to Mark Zagunis on making the Opening Day roster. I’d expect this to not be officially announced until Wednesday, or perhaps even Thursday morning, though by then we’d certainly know who was in Arlington, Texas, for the opener.Four days to go! Morning news and notes for Friday, October 19, 2018"Happy Friday Dave Winfield Jersey , everyone!Tribe newsMLB can rest easy because Houston Astros’ spy network has its back: Tribe Take | Cleveland.comDon’t worry, the Astros were just protecting us all from all of the cheating teams across MLB. Good on ya, Astros.Trevor Bauer’s gig as an analyst for MLB Network has him praising Astros, Red Sox. Wait...what? | Cleveland.comSo now we’re upset that Bauer isn’t being abrasive and controversial? What do you actually want from him?Postseason Update/Around the leagueI never thought I’d be happy that the Red Sox are heading to the World Series, but here we are. The Houston Astros were eliminated thanks to a strong start by David Price.Alex Bregman believes that the Astros’ ALCS loss will motivate them to cheat better play better next season when the playoffs come around.It looks like Chris Sale will start Game 1 of the World Series.Adam Wainwright’s deal with the Cardinals is momentarily on hold.Good on ya, Big League Chew:

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen