Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Houston Texans Jersey

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 18.04.2019 04:56
von huangjian123 • 26 Beiträge

SEATTLE (AP) Jerry Dipoto thought he was done making deals a day before the non-waiver trade deadline after remodeling the Seattle Mariners bullpen.The Mariners’ ever-active baseball boss just couldn’t help himself when an outfield upgrade became available.Seattle acquired outfielder Cameron Maybin from the Miami Marlins on Tuesday Kenta Maeda Jersey , giving the Mariners a boost going into the final two months of the regular season. Seattle landed Maybin in exchange for minor league infielder Bryson Brigman and international bonus pool allotment.Dipoto said he first had discussions with the Marlins about Maybin about two weeks ago, but it took the non-waiver trade deadline to get a deal finalized.”He fits into the theme of what we’re doing and adds better balance to our club. And the experience of a guy who has been through it as long as Cam has doesn’t hurt,” Dipoto said.Center field was the one obvious position where Seattle could use an upgrade. Since moving Dee Gordon to second base, Guillermo Heredia has seen the majority of the time in center. And while Heredia is outstanding defensively, his bat hasn’t provided much to Seattle’s lineup. Heredia is hitting .229 with a .314 on-base percentage and 22 runs scored. Heredia was batting .302 on May 29, but his average has taken a nosedive. In the past 51 games played, Heredia is hitting just .184.Maybin has been the opposite offensively. Maybin is batting .251 with three homers and 20 RBIs in 99 games this season, but he’s batting .329 with a .912 OPS since June 29. The Mariners are the seventh team for the 12-year veteran, who has a $3.25 million, one-year contract. Maybin also has postseason experience, playing in the World Series last year with Houston. Seattle entered the day two games ahead of Oakland for the second wild-card in the American League and three games behind the Astros in the AL West.Seattle is hopeful Maybin will be able to join the club Wednesday, and he was the last of Seattle’s four trades in the days leading up to the deadline. Seattle also acquired relief pitchers Sam Tuivailala Matt Kemp Jersey , Adam Warren and Zach Duke in a trio of deals.”I think we’ve helped the team a lot,” Seattle manager Scott Servais said. ”Every manager out there wants more pieces in the bullpen, certainly. As you get going into games in August and September and workloads start to mount up on pitchers you tend to go to the bullpen a little earlier and you want guys who have experience or have stuff or a combination. I think we’ve done some nice things.”The acquisition of Maybin will likely put to rest any thought of moving Gordon back to center late in the season following the return of Robinson Cano from his 80-game suspension for violating baseball’s joint drug agreement. Dipoto said the intent was to leave Gordon at second base, but that he may see occasional time in the outfield. Getting Maybin means Cano will be moving around to positions other than second base once he returns.Brigman is batting .304 this year for Class A Modesto. He was a third-round pick in 2016 but hasn’t played above Class A.— MIAMI (AP) — The New York Mets poured it on.Pete Alonso, their 230-pound rookie slugger, squeezed into a clubhouse cart as ordered by teammates for a postgame dousing that included every available substance.“A couple of eggs,” Alonso said. “Barbecue sauce. Mayonnaise. Beer. Shaving cream. Maybe ketchup and mustard. Maybe relish.”He didn’t mind because the shower was celebratory — a reward for his first major league homer. Alonso’s three-run shot capped a four-run ninth inning, and the Mets overcame 16 strikeouts by their hitters to rally past the Miami Marlins 7-3 Monday night.Manager Mickey Callaway smiled watching Alonzo get the treatment for his first homer.“We knew that was going to come at some point,” Callaway said. “It’s still a special occasion for a young player.”While the Mets were giddy about a 3-1 start, Marlins manager Don Mattingly stewed about several calls. He was especially upset that plate umpire Sam Holbrook ruled Juan Lagares was hit by a two-strike pitch trying to bunt, which sparked the Mets’ ninth-inning rally.Holbrook said Lagares didn’t offer at the pitch, and the ruling was upheld by a replay review.“That was a shaky call http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey ,” Mattingly said. “Sam said he was trying to get out of the way. But he never pulled the bat back in any way, shape or form.”Said Callaway: “I saw a guy trying to get out of the way of a fastball that was going to hit him in the face.”Mattingly also complained that Holbrook missed two pitches by the Marlins that should have been strike three, calls that led to a Mets run.“I’m not supposed to complain about calls, but the league needs to look at it,” Mattingly said. “I don’t understand a lot of it tonight. I understand the Marlins are not supposed to be good this year; I guess it’s OK to pile on.“It’s got to be better than that.”With the score 3-all, Mets pinch-hitter Dominic Smith singled to start the ninth. Drew Steckenrider (0-1) then came inside on Lagares as he squared to bunt, hitting him on the right hand.Amed Rosario’s single put the Mets ahead, and on the next pitch, Alonso homered to center field.Alonso led the minors last year with 36 homers and 119 RBIs. This year he’s batting .412 with six RBIs in four games, and Callaway has enjoyed watching outfielders react to his line drives.“They all kind of just stand there like, ‘What’s it going to do?'” Callaway said. “The next thing you know, it’s over everybody’s head. It’s really incredible. There’s just true raw power there.”Alonso said the postgame shower caught him by surprise.“I didn’t know that was a thing until they told me to hop in the shopping cart and just poured whatever they could on me http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-cozart-jersey ,” he said with a grin. “My eyes were stinging like really bad. I kept my mouth closed the entire time.”Was it worth it?“One hundred percent,” he said.Lagares hit his first homer since Sept. 7, 2017. He missed most of last season due to a toe injury.Starlin Castro hit a two-run homer for Miami, his first, and added an RBI single.GOOD PITCHINGMets starter Steven Matz allowed three runs, one earned, in 5 1/3 innings. Three relievers blanked Miami over the final 3 2/3 innings, and Jeurys Familia (1-0) pitched a perfect eighth.The Marlins loaded the bases with none out in the ninth against closer Edwin Diaz, who struck out the next three batters.BACK ON THE MOUNDMiami’s Caleb Smith, making his first start since June 24, allowed two runs and struck out eight in five innings. His 2018 season was cut short by a strained left lat that required surgery.TRAINER’S ROOMLagares appeared to avoid a significant injury when hit, and stayed in the game.“It sounds like he’s going to be OK Chris Young Jersey ,” Callaway said.Mets slugger Yoenis Cespedes, sidelined until at least mid-July following surgery on both heels, was in the clubhouse before the game and was expected to take swings in the batting cage during the series.UP NEXTMiami RHP Jose Urena (0-1, 9.64), who had a rough outing in an opening day loss to the Rockies, makes his second start of the season Tuesday against LHP Jason Vargas (7-9, 5.77 in 2018).

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen